What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

I like the 4 corners to the b12 more than just adding ua.

For me it takes some of the sting off of being in the same conference with commuter schools and theocratic institutions.

We live to fight another day.

For me it takes some of the sting off of being in the same conference with commuter schools and theocratic institutions.

It also makes for great theater with UU and BYU. This will be a fun conference while it lasts.

We're never joining the big kids table. We're at the point now where we have to hope that we can do enough to stay afloat and be part of the group that the P2 allow to survive.

This is stupid and insane and an absolute joke. It is almost impressive how badly the NCAA ****ed up in the last 40 years.

impressed ron burgundy GIF
serious question, is there reason to believe the NCAA had the power / authority to change the course of events?

my take is that the conferences and media had all the power and each entity from those groups was -- understandably -- focussed on their own best interests

The Big 12 has ASU and Utah by the balls. I am fine either way, but giving them full shares at this point would be a missed opportunity for the rest of the league.

The Apple deal expires today and Stanford and Cal voted no on the GOR. So I don't see how they can eat the MW with 2 out of 4 members not willing to sign the GOR
I asked this earlier but it got lost in the churn. Why do we think the two votes weren’t uo and uw trying to shove a really bad deal onto the others?

Autonomous 5. Media wants you to think it's P2.
i'm not convinced that's all that significant. I believe the other D1 conferences and schools are allowed to adopt any changes the P5 schools make

The Apple deal expires today and Stanford and Cal voted no on the GOR. So I don't see how they can eat the MW with 2 out of 4 members not willing to sign the GOR
Cal has to have some sort of plan here right? They've been awfully quiet. Unless they are planning on dropping sports do they still think their academics are going to carry them into the BIG?

We're never joining the big kids table. We're at the point now where we have to hope that we can do enough to stay afloat and be part of the group that the P2 allow to survive.

This is stupid and insane and an absolute joke. It is almost impressive how badly the NCAA ****ed up in the last 40 years.

impressed ron burgundy GIF
Not really following. Thanks to Coach Prime we’ve been thrown a life line by the Big 12 which will be one of the Super Conferences. What exactly is the “big boy” table?

ASU and Utah will get full shares in the Big 12.

I would find it hard to believe that Cal and Furd would do a merger with MWC and join with Boise State and San Jose State and UNLV and Fresno State. Just can’t see that happening.

The amazing thing with Cal and Stanford is that you have to really dig to find any significant commentary on realignment. It’s like they have no fans or don’t care.

i'm not convinced that's all that significant. I believe the other D1 conferences and schools are allowed to adopt any changes the P5 schools make

That would require the approval of the G5 schools too and I don't think they would reduce it to A4 at this point.

So it uu and asu and ua join us and we are in a west division of 8 is it:

CU
Uu
Byu
Ua
Asu

And who?

Or do they do nik pods of 4?

I want to play in Texas every year.

Back