What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

The problem with the Pac-12 in a nutshell is that Cal & Stanford are some of the highest resourced universities in the conference which academic leadership in the West and the 2nd best home recruiting grounds and media market... and they have no fan engagement in the online discussions, horrible attendance at their games, and no mentions other than the occasional media comment that it's almost inconceivable that 2 schools like that could get relegated (and that's the attitude which hamstrung the Pac-12 & led to those 2 schools doing everything wrong for football & revenue the past decade).

I am pretty sure nik is podding a response as we type....
Pods are really the only way to do this so that it's relatively fair for everyone in terms of access to different regions and you get to develop some rivalries.

It's also pretty clean, except for the eastern most teams. Then it gets weird.

UU, UA, ASU, BYU
CU, KU, KSU, OSU
TCU, TTU, BU, UH
ISU, Cincy, WVU, UCF

Not really following. Thanks to Coach Prime we’ve been thrown a life line by the Big 12 which will be one of the Super Conferences. What exactly is the “big boy” table?
Not sure how you think the Big 12 will ever be a super conference. It's very solidly 3rd. Which means it will survive the longest, but there's the B1G, the SEC and everyone else. We're everyone else.

And Prime will do his best, but I seriously doubt we can make up the necessary ground to join that group.

So it uu and asu and ua join us and we are in a west division of 8 is it:

CU
Uu
Byu
Ua
Asu

And who?

Or do they do nik pods of 4?

I want to play in Texas every year.
I'd assume each team has 3 proximate or historic rival schools they play each year as protected annual games and then play everyone else every 2/4 years. Could be pods, but could be that each team's 3 are individualized to max ratings.

Just a question. How many schools/states have a BOR with a flagship state school and a land grant school tied to the same BOR? It just seems bizarre to me

Pods are really the only way to do this so that it's relatively fair for everyone in terms of access to different regions and you get to develop some rivalries.

UU, UA, ASU, BYU
CU, KU, KSU, OSU
TCU, TTU, BU, UH
ISU, Cincy, WVU, UCF
I would rather:
UU, UA, ASU, CU
BYU, KU, KSU, OSU
UCF, WVU, ISU, Cincy
TCU, TT, Bailer, UH

Send the Mormons back along the Mormon Trail to play their pod roadies.

Not sure how you think the Big 12 will ever be a super conference. It's very solidly 3rd. Which means it will survive the longest, but there's the B1G, the SEC and everyone else. We're everyone else.

And Prime will do his best, but I seriously doubt we can make up the necessary ground to join that group.

It will survive as long as the other 2 don't want their teams.

Yeah we've probably agreed to the slow death rather than the quick death of OSU and WSU. But it is going to be interesting to see how OSU and WSU react litigation wise and if congress starts to take an interest since the B12 and ACC left behinds is probably a pretty big political block. I still think 40 is too small, but if we make it in we'll be in the last group. The P2 may decide it is politically expedient to leave the Big 12 as a "P3" that thinks they are in the club while spending them into oblivion and always winning everything. Realistically that's not really different from how the last 10 years have worked. Maybe some of these schools will start to realize this model isn't all that fun when fewer big boys are having winning seasons.

If congress wants to be proposing CFB litigation they should actually be looking at this rather than legislation that prevents kids from transferring for 3 years. The NCAA always likes to cry about guardrails...how about guardrails against TV network cartels.

Last edited:

UU, UA, ASU, BYU
CU, KU, KSU, OSU
TCU, TTU, BU, UH
ISU, Cincy, WVU, UCF
CU, KU, KSU, TT
UA, ASU, UU, BYU
OSU, ISU, Cincy, WVU
TCU, UH, UCF, BU

Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

Cal has to have some sort of plan here right? They've been awfully quiet. Unless they are planning on dropping sports do they still think their academics are going to carry them into the BIG?
They are the one that's confusing. Stanford can easily go independent and join other conferences for their non football sports. Cal has to be in a conference but their debt is too big like Wazzu to join the Mountain West.

I give the Pac-12 a 50% chance at survival but they gotta act fast. I would go at the American, Sun Belt, and Mountain West and see what you can get.

At the end of the day, it's all about subs with Apple and at least for one year, you still got A5 status in 2024-25. So you got a lot more than other P5s think you do.

Back