What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

I highly doubt that the members can escape a creditor by dissolving their association.
There are a lot of interesting legal questions.

First, what, if a anything, does CU still owe on the COVID area loan from the conference? What were the terms or the loan?

Second, if the conference dissolves, the Pac-12 constitution and bylaws say that the assets of the conference are transferred to the members:

In the event of the dissolution or final liquidation of the Conference, all of the remaining assets and property of the Conference shall, after paying or making provision for the payment of all of the liabilities and obligations of the Conference and for necessary expenses thereof, be distributed to the members of the Conference so long as they are then qualified as a tax-exempt organization under Code Section 501(c)(3), or to such organization or organizations organized and operated exclusively for charitable or educational purposes as shall at the time qualify as an exempt organization or organizations under Code Section 501(c)(3) as the CEO Group shall de- termine. In no event shall any of the assets or property be distributed to any director or officer, or any private individual. (6/10)

A loan is an asset. So, as I read the constitution, in the event of dissolution will transfer the assets pro rata to the members at the time of dissolution. At this point, the conference has to be dissolved at the end of the media deal because there are not enough members to be a conference per NCAA rules. So, assuming it gets divided 12 ways, each member institution--including CU--would own 1/12 of the CU debt to the conference (assuming that the loan agreement does not say different, or is not sold to a third party).

And while we are at it, for all of those nitwits who think that the remaining 4 continuing members are just gonna keep all of the media money, well take a look at Executive Regulation (1)(1):

1. Media Rights.
All media rights net revenue generated by the Conference shall be distributed equally among all members. (10/10, 7/12)

Add Rice & Tulane to get to 8 as a full conference with top level academic chops. I think they would be a league that others would want to be a part of. Lots of prestige here and followings or markets that would drive media. Also very newsworthy if they're basically the collection of universities with Ivy values and top division football.

Add Rice & Tulane to get to 8 as a full conference with top level academic chops. I think they would be a league that others would want to be a part of. Lots of prestige here and followings or markets that would drive media. Also very newsworthy if they're basically the collection of universities with Ivy values and top division football.
Adding to this, if this getting formed coincided with the ACC breaking I bet Duke and GA Tech would jump to this conference.

How long before Northwestern and Vanderbilt decide this would be a better fit?

I'd watch it. And I think it could be that opposing narrative needed to balance things against the current course and improve the sport.

Adding to this, if this getting formed coincided with the ACC breaking I bet Duke and GA Tech would jump to this conference.

How long before Northwestern and Vanderbilt decide this would be a better fit?

I'd watch it. And I think it could be that opposing narrative needed to balance things against the current course and improve the sport.
No SDSU?

Fox and Nike U are headed for a lawsuit against Pac-4. Potentially could name UW, fUCLA, Condom$ as defendants with UO for colluding with Fox to ruin the Pac-12. No Ralphie emoji mentioned in the rumor. The one major participant I see missing is B1G...
Thanks.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: B12 feels like REAL CFB… not whatever overproduced sterile NFL-Lite they’re turning the P2 into. I’ll thoroughly enjoy the entertainment and seething hatred of all these border schools
I'm pumped to get to tailgate with fans who actually give a ****.

And I want Coach Prime vs. the 56 year old man in Stillwater next Thanksgiving.

Fox and Nike U are headed for a lawsuit against Pac-4. Potentially could name UW, fUCLA, Condom$ as defendants with UO for colluding with Fox to ruin the Pac-12. No Ralphie emoji mentioned in the rumor. The one major participant I see missing is B1G...
tenor-1.gif

Agreed, but until someone spells out how they get out of their GOR without forfeiting ~$700m, I don’t understand how it happens

Heard a Clemson writer today (forget his name) who was saying that Clemson isn't worried about the GOR. But until they have serious interest from either the B1G or SEC it's all moot.

Last edited:
Heard a Clemson write today (forget his name) who was saying that Clemson isn't worried about the GOR. But until they have serious interest from either the B1G or SEC it's all moot.
That is what I don’t understand about FSU’s agitating. Do they think the networks are looking to pony up more money now?

Back