What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

Its not that deep. He just wants more excuses to go to New oreleans
Here You Go GIF by Audible

It’s very fitting that the Pac 12 didn’t jump on a media deal that would have kept the 10 together and likely ended the Big 12 due to an out of touch academic given horrible advice.

It’s actually infuriating to me. It would have been the Pac 10 + 6 of the Big 12 programs in all likelihood. Keeping Oregon and Washington without the bottom rung of the Big 12. Would have been a legitimate power conference.

not clear how much of your advocacy for Tulane joining the XII (or other power conference) is real vs snarky, but taking a moment to assume you're being at least partially genuine...
  • they'd be the second smallest school in a power conference, barely beating out Wake
  • I'm not convinced they'd open up LA recruiting anymore than Houston and other TX schools already do
  • smaller media market than Albuquerque
His steadfastness to Tulane would be on the same level as me pushing for Temple University to be in the Big 12. The reasons would be simpatico.

not clear how much of your advocacy for Tulane joining the XII (or other power conference) is real vs snarky, but taking a moment to assume you're being at least partially genuine...
  • they'd be the second smallest school in a power conference, barely beating out Wake
  • I'm not convinced they'd open up LA recruiting anymore than Houston and other TX schools already do
  • smaller media market than Albuquerque
To be fair Albuquerque includes Santa Fe
In their market and then is barely above New Orleans.

@Brett_McMurphy
·
Follow
Nebraska AD Trev Alberts tells @Amie_Just there will be more expansion. “History is unkind to conferences that have not had the courage to expand. I don’t believe it’s done. It’s never been done. It’s more likely than not that there will be continued periods of angst. I believe…

r7FWdJ5E_bigger.jpg

Victory
@col_rado
·
Follow
He’s talking about the super conference. Top 40 schools. 2 conferences, 8 divisions, 5 schools per division.
Shouldn't the school with the longest bowl drought in the power 5 not be a part of this?

@Brett_McMurphy
·
Follow
Nebraska AD Trev Alberts tells @Amie_Just there will be more expansion. “History is unkind to conferences that have not had the courage to expand. I don’t believe it’s done. It’s never been done. It’s more likely than not that there will be continued periods of angst. I believe…

r7FWdJ5E_bigger.jpg

Victory
@col_rado
·
Follow
He’s talking about the super conference. Top 40 schools. 2 conferences, 8 divisions, 5 schools per division.
I do think we eventually end up with a super league (under it's own governance separate from the NCAA) with 30-50 schools.

This map includes most of them but there are some schools on the map that won't be included and a few not on there that will.

Texas market is far to large and important to only have two schools, don't know who the 3rd and maybe 4th are but they will be there. Pitt probably gets left out but a school in the NYC/NJ area gets in, again TV markets make it so.

Kentucky is probably out, Utah is borderline if they are around 40.

I do think we eventually end up with a super league (under it's own governance separate from the NCAA) with 30-50 schools.

This map includes most of them but there are some schools on the map that won't be included and a few not on there that will.

Texas market is far to large and important to only have two schools, don't know who the 3rd and maybe 4th are but they will be there. Pitt probably gets left out but a school in the NYC/NJ area gets in, again TV markets make it so.

Kentucky is probably out, Utah is borderline if they are around 40.
Kentucky won’t be out! That’s stupid!

In retrospect, wasn't the professor correct? How much will UCLA be getting from the BIG?
The October 2022 date that the professor made his alleged valuation was after USC and UCLA had announced their departure to the B1G. The $50 million per school would’ve been for the remaining 10. Had the presidents countered the $30 million offer with say $35 million, they very well may have gotten it.

The failure of the PAC 12 commissioner and presidents was to overestimate the number of bidders. Fox, CBS, NBC were out from day one, which was pretty widely known. Amazon‘s lack of interest was surprising, but a good commish should’ve had his finger on the pulse. That really left ESPN and Apple as the only bidders.

The October 2022 date that the professor made his alleged valuation was after USC and UCLA had announced their departure their to the B1G. The $50 million per school would’ve been for the remaining 10. Had the presidents countered the $30 million offer with say $35 million, they very well may have gotten it.

The failure of the PAC 12 commissioner and presidents was to overestimate the number of bidders. Fox, CBS, NBC were out from day one, which was pretty widely known. Amazon‘s lack of interest was surprising, but a good commish should’ve had his finger on the pulse. That really left ESPN and Apple as the only bidders.
I misread the post. My early morning reading comprehension is poor.

Good to see you found some other realignment related thing to get upside about, Freddie.
Not upset. It’s just stupid to think that a flagship school in the heart of sec country would be left out. it like saying Tennessee or Florida as they both have a lot of other schools around them with football teams would be left out. Btw I must be getting under your skin since you have to respond to my every comment.

Back