What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

He has already been replaced by the UW AD, months ago.
I know. I was just pointing out the fact that it’s more than just Presidents and Chancellors getting replaced in the old PAC 12. Leadership across the board is turning over.

A nuclear engineer....need any more be said?
homer simpson GIF

Seems like a pretty impressive resume and has been part of leadership teams and faculty at Penn State, FSU and NC State. No idea where he stands on athletics, but he's obviously no stranger to institutions that invest heavily in them.
Yes, an impressive resume. But what a lucky mother ****er. The bar could literally not be any lower for him to improve on the last guys performance. If he just shows up every day, doesn’t put the students in danger, and doesn’t say stupid, borderline racist **** he’ll be a massive upgrade.

Yes, an impressive resume. But what a lucky mother ****er. The bar could literally not be any lower for him to improve on the last guys performance. If he just shows up every day, doesn’t put the students in danger, and doesn’t say stupid, borderline racist **** he’ll be a massive upgrade.
Just one DUI, and he’s kicking ass and taking names.

A nuclear engineer....need any more be said?
Couldn't they find somebody smart? ;) ;)

Nuke engineer from MIT.

Also while I have major problems with how they handled the Sandusky case and believe it highlights some cultural problems being in administration at Penn State means that he has experience with how a quality athletic program can benefit a university as a whole in multiple ways.

Can I toot my own horn and say that this groups thoughts and strategies are like my proposal for the Bundesliga/Green Bay Packers idea.

They are being cut off by the networks and commissioners who love the power they have taken
College football’s massive success is like socioeconomic class structure. There has to be the elite programs that dominate the middling and bottom feeding programs by winning 10-12+ games/year. The middling programs all rise and fall periodically enough where it gives them all hope of one day becoming a consistently great program with the right coach. And the bottom feeders are needed to scare the **** out of the middle class and keep them where they are, trying to be competitive.

The sooner the B1G and SEC accept this, the sooner we can all get to the next variation of the sport that is better than what we are entering into over the next 5-6 years.

College football’s massive success is like socioeconomic class structure. There has to be the elite programs that dominate the middling and bottom feeding programs by winning 10-12+ games/year. The middling programs all rise and fall periodically enough where it gives them all hope of one day becoming a consistently great program with the right coach. And the bottom feeders are needed to scare the **** out of the middle class and keep them where they are, trying to be competitive.

The sooner the B1G and SEC accept this, the sooner we can all get to the next variation of the sport that is better than what we are entering into over the next 5-6 years.
Wouldn’t a player pay salary cap structure make everyone more competitive? Big programs that cannot cheat on paying players would be equalized

Wouldn’t a player pay salary cap structure make everyone more competitive? Big programs that cannot cheat on paying players would be equalized
Depends where the cap is set and whether all programs have equal money to spend. That’s not necessarily what this super league group is proposing.

The sooner the B1G and SEC accept this, the sooner we can all get to the next variation of the sport that is better than what we are entering into over the next 5-6 f

Ignore

Depends where the cap is set and whether all programs have equal money to spend. That’s not necessarily what this super league group is proposing.
I saw that and did not like that potential
NFL has a cap system to maintain competitiveness. Draft well, develop well, pay smart within the cap

Let’s only comment in the College Rumors thread, sorry for duplicate Yak

Yeah, players getting to decide where they play in college will always mean cheating is happening. Institute a draft of high school players and it goes away.
Not a fan of a draft
Recruiting is fun and good, but if 70-80 teams have firm 85 player rosters with a Salary Cap, and essentially slotting of spots/salaries, then parity would occur. I also really like the NFL performance pool payments system for high performing players to get bonus

Not a fan of a draft
Recruiting is fun and good, but if 70-80 teams have firm 85 player rosters with a Salary Cap, and essentially slotting of spots/salaries, then parity would occur. I also really like the NFL performance pool payments system for high performing players to get bonus
College football used to have a level set “salary cap”. It was called “players can’t get paid” no matter where they go. So in order to entice top players to come to their schools, rich programs had to pay them under the table while poor programs couldn’t match.

The point is an even salary cap paid by the schools is the exact same thing as that. Top players will just get paid more under the table to come to top programs.

Freedom of choice is what makes this possible, and no matter how you feel about it, the NFL parity is entirely based on the players not having a choice when they enter the league.

There are a couple of ways you can institute draft like equality without an actual draft.

You could have rolling signing days where teams can only sign 3-4 players at each date. Put that in place with a salary cap, and all at once the player that is 5th on tOSU's recruit list is much more interested in other schools' "first commitment day" offer.

I had some other ideas, but now I don't remember what they were...

But, truthfully the only way any of it really works in terms of a level playing field is with an enforceable salary cap.

And that requires a collective bargaining agreement.

There are a couple of ways you can institute draft like equality without an actual draft.

You could have rolling signing days where teams can only sign 3-4 players at each date. Put that in place with a salary cap, and all at once the player that is 5th on tOSU's recruit list is much more interested in other schools' "first commitment day" offer.

I had some other ideas, but now I don't remember what they were...

But, truthfully the only way any of it really works in terms of a level playing field is with an enforceable salary cap.

And that requires a collective bargaining agreement.
The under the table **** has to stop and enforced with loss of salary cap
True NIL must only be allowed and there is market value that can be set for ads or promotional value

Back