What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

This Is Fine How Are You GIF by Four Rest Films

There will be:

16 teams each in the BIG/SEC

BEST case scenario they collectively increase to 48 (add 16)

Clemson, ND, FSU, Miami from the ACC and Oregon, Washington, Stanford from the PAC I think are first choice to be added.

That leaves 9 spots notably between:
CU
ASU
Arizona
Utah
Cal

UVa
Virginia Tech
UNC
Georgia Tech
NC State
Pitt

All of the Big 12

So yeah. There are going to be quite a few schools with history and "a lot to offer" who get left out. CU may get lucky, maybe not. I'm betting that in 20 years a couple dozen of reasonable P5 programs are in a G5 equivalent league. Teams like Boston College, Syracuse, Wazzu or Kansas State? Done. Thanks for playing.

There will be:

16 teams each in the BIG/SEC

BEST case scenario they collectively increase to 48 (add 16)

Clemson, ND, FSU, Miami from the ACC and Oregon, Washington, Stanford from the PAC I think are first choice to be added.

That leaves 9 spots notably between:
CU
ASU
Arizona
Utah
Cal

UVa
Virginia Tech
UNC
Georgia Tech
NC State
Pitt

All of the Big 12

So yeah. There are going to be quite a few schools with history and "a lot to offer" who get left out. CU may get lucky, maybe not. I'm betting that in 20 years a couple dozen of reasonable P5 programs are in a G5 equivalent league. Teams like Boston College, Syracuse, Wazzu or Kansas State? Done. Thanks for playing.

Kansas is in that group of teams too.

Why not Utah?
Market is so much smaller. There's also value in that CU-NU game which draws a surprising national number despite how bad we've both been.

I absolutely think Utah will be part of a new national CFB league when it all shakes out, but it would be a major surprise if they got picked ahead of CU.

dear sec:

we will suck less than vandy. we promise? everyone needs a conference W right? plus, you pick up true greatness in skiing and cross country.

oh, and y'alll will love the roadies. i promise to try my best to not noticeably notice your bad teeth, poor posture, horrible grammar, and questionable at best views on society as a whole.

what could POSSIBLY go wrong?

My god we had athletes and could play. I am so glad I was at CU during this period. I can only tell my kids of the tales and myths of these days.
KM and AW were monsters on the outside, the best outside backers I have still ever seen
I know it's been said and discussed, but Aunese would have likely led the Buffs to back-to-back
titles in glorious fashion as his skill set was far superior to Hagans. I think Hagan would have been a wing/slot on those teams and backup QB. It is not worth more discussion, but watching that game and seeing Hagan's throwing ability was cringy at times and kept that game closer than it should have been and under-utilized the brilliance of Pritchard. It was great living and growing up a Buffs fan at that exact time.

Texas was taking the lions share of all TV revenue in the Big 12.
we left because we were 'supposed' to make more iwth the TV profit sharing as well as get a better inroads to california recruiting.

Niether actually happened
We did make more. A lot more than the post CU BigXII members for a number of years. The problem was that P12 had a longer rights deal and the SEC and B1G successfully expanded, redid their deals in the process, and we did neither. And the B10 admitted they purposefully timed their deals to expire before ours for leverage and expansion reasons. We were unable to keep up and just keep falling further and further back.

If you want to blame anyone blame money. Blame greed. If the CFA still existed, if schools were unified and stood together for a common good, this all might have happened.

Last edited:
The Pac-12 is not a long-term answer.

The Big 12 is not a long-term answer.

The ACC is not a long-term answer.

Unless CU is prepared to de-emphasize football, the only answers are the B1G and SEC.

So the only discussion which really matters in this thread is how we get to one of those conferences and what CU becomes if we don't.
I too would like to be Emily Ratajkowski’s next husband…

Despite years of Democratic leadership, wealth inequality California is among the worst in the country.

This is just another in a long list of facts that prove that Democrats are the party of the elites.

Despite years of Democratic leadership, wealth inequality California is among the worst in the country.

This is just another in a long list of facts that prove that Democrats are the party of the elites.

When did team MAGA get concerned with income disparity? So, how do you think California should fix that? Perhaps tax the rich more to make up for that gap? Or are you still considering that a redistribution of wealth?

Yeah we should totally give more tax breaks to the rich to fix this. Eventually trickle down will work, right??

When you look at income inequality between states I bet what you’ll find is the poorest 10% make roughly the same income, but the top 10% in places like California, New York, Texas, Florida make waaaaaay more than the top 10% in states with a much smaller percentage of high paying jobs.

BTW how’s the income inequality in places like Louisiana, Mississippi, or Florida? Spoiler: bad.

Yeah we should totally give more tax breaks to the rich to fix this. Eventually trickle down will work, right??

When you look at income inequality between states I bet what you’ll find is the poorest 10% make roughly the same income, but the top 10% in places like California, New York, Texas, Florida make waaaaaay more than the top 10% in states with a much smaller percentage of high paying jobs.

BTW how’s the income inequality in places like Louisiana, Mississippi, or Florida? Spoiler: bad.
Despite the income disparity, the poor in CA live MUCH better lives than the poor in MS. The focus should be on poverty not disparity. Different solutions for different issues.

Who knows if 20 teams is a year from now or 7 years from now, but if they are truly going to stop at 20, CU will be a no go, with the assumption that ND will eventually join. After them, have to think it's Oregon, UW and Stanford to capture the entire west coast. If the new playoff still gives ND a seat at the table as an Independent, I think CU has a shot with those 3 other Pac programs.

When did team MAGA get concerned with income disparity? So, how do you think California should fix that? Perhaps tax the rich more to make up for that gap? Or are you still considering that a redistribution of wealth?
Actually the MAGA crowd showed up in California in about 1992 with Proposition 187 which would have barred undocumented workers and their kids from receiving public services.

It was soundly defeated and revealed an anti immigrant sentiment in the Republican Party that could easily be construed as racist. (Probably was)

Since that time the democrats have enjoyed almost total control of the California state government and the results are a shrinking middle class.

Colorado Republicans tried the same strategy in 2006 (I believe) with Tom Tancredo and the results have been about the same.

Donald Trump ran on an anti-immigrant platform and you know the rest….

It isn’t just about tax breaks. It is about corporate control, corruption, licenses, for profit prisons, failing schools, and the war on drugs.

my point wasn’t that Florida or other states are better, my point is that they are ALL bad.

Back