What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

Is this the thread where we complain about Orlando?

I will go to watch the Buffs in some ****ty places and I will have fun doing it.

However, one of my life goals is to never, ever visit Orlando again. I will not travel to Orlando to watch the Buffs. In fact, the only situation in which I could imagine flying into that ****ing piece of **** place they call a ****ing airport and disembarking into that human hellscape again, is if someone I loved was kidnapped and that was a term of the ransom. And even then, maybe they had a good run...
Easiest SAT answer ever: Ken is to Orlando as Spiff is to Norfolk.

I hate how we 'had' to go to the stinkin' Big12. But it is nice that we're now in a much more stable situation and don't have to worry about our future within the PAC-12(?) and even its future.

It was the right decision by AD George. We were roasting him as recently as December, but then he orchestrated two outstanding moves in hiring Coach Prime and changing conferences.

Is this the thread where we complain about Orlando?

I will go to watch the Buffs in some ****ty places and I will have fun doing it.

However, one of my life goals is to never, ever visit Orlando again. I will not travel to Orlando to watch the Buffs. In fact, the only situation in which I could imagine flying into that ****ing piece of **** place they call a ****ing airport and disembarking into that human hellscape again, is if someone I loved was kidnapped and that was a term of the ransom. And even then, maybe they had a good run...
Overreact much?
It's really not that bad.

My sense is that you don’t really know what bad is. There’s been a lot of evidence to support my conclusion.
cripes. if ITB says it is not that bad and you say it is a hell hole, then the preponderance of evidence swings a certain way. i have been there a few times-- disney and such-- like i said , it seemed fine to me-- a corporatized sea of conformity, mostly.

add in "just jump on a cruise" and this becomes more conclusive. the only way i have survived florida cruises is copious amounts of alcohol and mind altering substances so that the plastic environment starts to breath on its own.

If UO/UW are not strong adds for the B1G now… how about after 6 years of playing MWC opponents on The CW at 1am for $20MM/yr with a deceased Phil Knight/shifting Nike corp focus?

People have largely glossed over this, but their brand value isn’t guaranteed. 5-6 years is a long time to fall further behind on $ and exposure. They could be in worse shape than they think

cripes. if ITB says it is not that bad and you say it is a hell hole, then the preponderance of evidence swings a certain way. i have been there a few times-- disney and such-- like i said , it seemed fine to me-- a corporatized sea of conformity, mostly.

add in "just jump on a cruise" and this becomes more conclusive. the only way i have survived florida cruises is copious amounts of alcohol and mind altering substances so that the plastic environment starts to breath on its own.
4d47aefe30f6d48f49e5cffdf560a53a.jpg

How are we defining bad, here?

Look, I don't care if others like Orlando, that's their business. For me it's awful. In my corporate years, I was required to run programs in Orlando twice a year, or so. At some point I refused to go back. Either change the location for the programs or find someone else to run them. I'm serious when I said it's my goal to never return to Orlando. It's about 60% airport and 40% the town itself, and the gobs of people that find themselves attracted to it.

It doesn't bother me that ITB likes it there.

If UO/UW are not strong adds for the B1G now… how about after 6 years of playing MWC opponents on The CW at 1am for $20MM/yr with a deceased Phil Knight/shifting Nike corp focus?

People have largely glossed over this, but their brand value isn’t guaranteed. 5-6 years is a long time to fall further behind on $ and exposure. They could be in worse shape than they think
They could see themselves as the Gonzaga of CFB if that’s even a thing. Undefeated reg seasons, CFP appearances, maintain the brand that way. Unlikely but possible that’s their vision as they wait.

But I imagine Oregon is negotiating a partial B1G share as we speak. The P12 deal is headed south $$$ wise. Has to be panic mode.

Does B1G accept the reduced rate? Oregon is a lot like Nebraska (minus the part where they’ve won it all). And B1G alumni hate having Nebraska in their conference. Can’t imagine Oregon is well received. I don’t think they get the invite and the b12 is as good as it gets for them.

*corpse

someone hurt you in orlando? that is the makings of a fine country song.

i do not love orlando or the airport but i find it to be very similar to a lot airport/toursit locations throughout the country--- sanitized, uniform, muzak playing in the background, some ****ty overpriced restaurants trying hard to pretend to be edgy, and so forth.

i do understand hating disney although de santis has made me a huge disney fan.

all in all, if you were transported through time to one of the those big ass malls in the 80s, and you looked around, you would likely wonder if you were in orlando.

apologies in advance to @FlaBuff as i do wish to be invited for bbq.
Nope! You blew it. There is plenty of local fare in Orlando/central Florida you just need a good guide. Breweries and wineries are plentiful.

@Uncle Ken please keep preaching the anti-Orlando gospel maybe some other slappies will not come here either.

I have no list. With these destinations, it's about going to a CU road game because something's on the line for winning a championship. None of these are places I'd choose to go for a weekend getaway irrespective of CU sports.
Watching the games on TV with plenty of food and easy restroom access is very fun.

Pitt seems to be the outlier there... Why Pitt?

Pitt vs. WVwho Backyard Brawl.

Easily a Top 10 Rivalry

You get recruiting inroads to all the Pennsylvania kids as well.

Proximity to Cincy and WVwho.

But I don't think it'll be the end at 18. If ACC explodes along with Pac, you either get 20 or 24 teams. Same for B1G and SEC.

If you aren't in the 60 or 72, you are relegated.

Am I the only one not super sold on Arizona as the 14?

UW and UO >>>>>>>>>> anyone else. Just get either one of them to force the other one in

but then.. Arizona? Their football team is crap, has always been crap, always will be crap. They aren't even in Phoenix. PAHI lives there so that loses an extra point. Their fan support makes Cal look pretty good. There's probably at least 3 schools already in the B12 named the Wildcats. Plus don't we all want Jason Sheer to wind up covering a MWC school?

That said, idk what is standing out to me as 3rd. Utah I guess, but adding a second school from the same city in a tiny state doesn't seem ideal.

Cal or Stanford would seem ideal given their location, but their fan support sucks and Cal is generally bad at football. And their academics don't matter in the B12 at all, they're probably more appealing to the B1G than our new truck stop yeehaw MAGA conference. And despite the local population, they don't really care about football so

ASU seems more appealing to me, they lack the basketball prestige, but does basketball matter? I get that people are fully erect at the idea of CU getting trashed in the B12 in roundball, but it doesn't move the needle for me as that isn't my kink. At least ASU draws some of their 900,000 students to some games and has had some success in the football and are actually located in a big city that appeals to more than retired out of touch boomers in the desert. Plus half of the US is an alumni, albeit online, so they'll at least kinda care if they ever got really good.

Am I the only one not super sold on Arizona as the 14?

UW and UO >>>>>>>>>> anyone else. Just get either one of them to force the other one in

but then.. Arizona? Their football team is crap, has always been crap, always will be crap.

ASU seems more appealing to me, they lack the basketball prestige, but does basketball matter? I get that people are fully erect at the idea of CU getting trashed in the B12 in roundball, but it doesn't move the needle for me as that isn't my kink. At least ASU draws some of their 900,000 students to some games and has had some success in the football and are actually located in a big city that appeals to more than retired out of touch boomers in the desert. Plus half of the US is an alumni, albeit online, so they'll at least kinda care if they ever got really good.

I'm likeminded. Add UO, UW, and ASU. If not ASU, then UU. UA is a distant 5th choice because as you said "Arizona? Their football team is crap, has always been crap, and always will be crap". I don't follow MBB very closely, football if king and football should be driving he decisions.

I'm likeminded. Add UO, UW, and ASU. If not ASU, then UU. UA is a distant 5th choice because as you said "Arizona? Their football team is crap, has always been crap, and always will be crap". I don't follow MBB very closely, football if king and football should be driving he decisions.
You tend to take what you can keep and what you can secure. Colorado took the orientation packet home and looked it over. Arizona discussed the packet with CU.

ASU shoved it in a sock drawer, and Utah threw in the shredder.

Oregon and UW are supermodels that are talking to you because they are trying to make their billionaire boyfirends jealous and talk to them.

But the Big 12 has already lost the football battle. They want to be an entertaining football conference with elite basketball as that can possibly keep them tethered to the SEC and B1G for both. Adding Utah or ASU over UA doesn’t move the needle for football revenue anyways.

In a perfect world, they’d add Oregon, UW, Arizona, ASU and Utah to go to 18 to have solid football and elite basketball

Clearly the closest you've been to Orlando is a Google search.
I've been in Orlando too many times to remember. Used to go there almost annually when a kid. Sure it's changed.
I'm not saying it's a cultural mecca...it isn't. For what it is it's fine.
Cruises are great vacations. It's what you make of it. I'll never be caught dead on a Carnival cruise though.

But the Big 12 has already lost the football battle. They want to be an entertaining football conference with elite basketball as that can possibly keep them tethered to the SEC and B1G for both. Adding Utah or ASU over UA doesn’t move the needle for football revenue anyways.

In a perfect world, they’d add Oregon, UW, Arizona, ASU and Utah to go to 18 to have solid football and elite basketball

Mad Breaking Bad GIF by MOODMAN

Back