What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

Girl Why Dont We Have Both GIF

Our B12 announcement is a week old now, Fall camp has started with a whole new team and all kinds of excitement and questions, CP had press conference today, and all I am reading is this thread. This post will be 5 pages behind in 10 minutes - relegated to a vapor in history
Insane what is happening now and since the entire CP hire.

the definition of 'border' is "a line separating two political or geographical areas"

a point is not a line, it is a location without dimension.

• if Fred is right and there is actually "a few inches" shared by AZ and CO, then we're border states.
  • if typical map projections are correct, that AZ and CO only share a dimensionless point, it doesn't satisfy the definition.
The most southwest point in CO is immediately adjacent to the most northeast point in AZ, forming a line and a border.

If Nik slots CU into the Western pod then I'm feeling a bit better about this.
😂

I guess that's my weekend homework - to figure out how the hell balanced scheduling happens in an 18-team conference. Maybe 1 paired/ protected rival and play the other 16 every 2/4 years?

i like the big 12 taking wsu and osu as well as the 4cs.

if that turns out to be true, this is definitely the best middle class conference in america.

there are a lot of teams with history here.

form it up and then lets litigate the **** out of the big, together and individually.

burn these ****ers to the ground.

B1G 18 + ND and Duke
Big XII 16 + Pitt, UVa, VT, and Miami
SEC 16 + FSU, Clemson, GT, and Louisville

You actually end up with some pretty solid regional rivalries back in the conferences

I think at some point the B1G and SEC will merge. They will realize the money to be had as one league is greater than the $1B/year their conferences are getting now and it will motivate them to make it all work.

Excluding Oregon and Washington, The B1G and SEC are getting $2B/year (roughly) combined for 32 teams with equal payouts. Increase those payouts in 7 years to $100m/school and go to 24 teams each and it's still "only" at $4.8B/year total or less than half what the NFL is doing ($11B/year). They could go to 64 total teams (32 each) at $100m/year for every school and they would still "only" be at a fraction of the NFL's media deal.

However, the only way they are going to be able to accomplish something like that is if the leagues themselves decide to take the power back from the Networks a bit. They should merge, establish equal scheduling, rules, a CBA, etc and then they should take their media rights to the open market just like the NFL does.
I think the top schools will have the power and conferences will be useless money suckers

I think we’re in a good place now to go and become the dominant football program in the Big 12. At least we can have a winning record.

It doesn’t work with the current landscape of college football but does anyone else wish we could click our heels together and go back to the original Big 8 or original big 12?

The regional aspect of college football is gone. In high school football, did most of us have a rival in the same city or nearby city? It made for good bragging rights and fun rivalries. College football had that in the big 8, pac 8/10, ACC, etc. Now it’s gone. Maybe it comes back some day?

Judy Garland Quote GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All Time
Our rivalry with Utah is gonna be real with Prime. We must beat them regularily

Our rivalry with Utah is gonna be real with Prime. We must beat them regularily
Coming in on reduced shares like the 2nd class program they are. Makes all the sense in the world.

Screw that wanna-be power program. Everything about their little corner of SLC feels like Boulder-lite.

I have to admit, this has all been way funnier (even if it is in a sad way) than I thought it would be.
Agree 100%…this is up there with the old lookalike threads (which I hope returns with our renewed hopes of winning again) and the jokes about cardboard (after it was pretty clear he was doomed)

Back