What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

Interesting to see where this goes next.

I know I'm in the minority with this opinion, but to me, the language sure reads in favor of the Pac-2.

The ruling allows OSU and WSU full discretion to operate the conference as they see fit, including as it comes to revenue distributions. Last week, OSU and WSU voted to block a midyear conference-wide revenue payment, a move they said was made to protect the conference against pending liabilities.

Last edited:
Thoughts on Chip Kelly's realignment idea?

Having a commissioner, I completely agree with.

Also 100% on regional, traditional conferences for non-football.

Not a believer in everyone negotiating their own media deal for football, but I do agree with it if we were to have a pro style league with its own media deal.

Last edited:
Having a commissioner, I completely agree with.

Also 100% on regional, traditional conferences for non-football.

Not a believer in everyone negotiating their own media deal football, but I do agree with it if we were to have a pro style league with its own media deal.
Yup. 64 teams all negotiating their own media deals is unwieldy. Make one media deal for everybody and then let each school do what they can to generate game day revenue, donations, licensing, etc. The big programs will still take in more than the smaller ones, but the gap wont be as huge.

Yup. 64 teams all negotiating their own media deals is unwieldy. Make one media deal for everybody and then let each school do what they can to generate game day revenue, donations, licensing, etc. The big programs will still take in more than the smaller ones, but the gap wont be as huge.
Could even allow teams to have their own deals for 2nd tier broadcasts like radio so the big draw programs make more money.

Thing is, with 64 teams, there’s enough content for all the networks to get a piece of the action, but the top game of the week would be the biggest draw. Some network is going to pay a lot of money to have the first pick for every weeks game.

I mean, would be if it were someone with the slightest shred of credibility tweeting it.
I feel the same way... But he is the one who first reported the LA schools to the B1G, IIRC. That gives him enough credibility to not completely disregard this

And for anyone else curious, TKO Sports is the company that owns UFC and WWE.

I mean, I've made my piece with having to move to the Truck Stop conference, but I'm not sure we want to jump into bed with a long term deal with WWE private equity, would any school be able to leave after that?

I mean, I've made my piece with having to move to the Truck Stop conference, but I'm not sure we want to jump into bed with a long term deal with WWE private equity, would any school be able to leave after that?
by the same standards you're using, the B1G is in bed with the parent company of Fox News. WWE doesn't seem all that bad in comparison.

As long as there is an out for any Big 12 school who gets a super conference invite I don't care.

Peace, my friend.

Respond to my text.

If this merger happens as constructed (big IF), that will make it the third super conference. I’d be very interested if this conference includes USC,UCLA, UO and UW. They kind of made it sound like it was dependent on all the former teams being in the conference still.

I feel the same way... But he is the one who first reported the LA schools to the B1G, IIRC. That gives him enough credibility to not completely disregard this

And for anyone else curious, TKO Sports is the company that owns UFC and WWE.
He also called the 4C to the Big 12, specifically hinging on CU moving first. Once that happened, it was seemingly fluid but he did say Oregon and Washington to the B1G was probable. There's probably not enough to say he is a true insider, but I think there's enough evidence to suggest he likely has some kind of source that at least has some kind of handle on the situation and does more than just throw made up **** against the wall and see what sticks.

If this merger happens as constructed (big IF), that will make it the third super conference. I’d be very interested if this conference includes USC,UCLA, UO and UW. They kind of made it sound like it was dependent on all the former teams being in the conference still.
I read it as the Big 12, ACC and Pac 2

The tweet didn't say anything about bringing in any B10 teams.
Yeah, but those schools aren’t actually in the B10 yet. There’s just enough ambiguity that I’m wondering what the plan is. I agree that it would be odd, but in the event they can create this super conference and have the same kind of payouts that the B10 and SEC are getting, it might be enough to entice those four back. Or, more accurately, convince them to not actually leave.

Yeah, but those schools aren’t actually in the B10 yet. There’s just enough ambiguity that I’m wondering what the plan is. I agree that it would be odd, but in the event they can create this super conference and have the same kind of payouts that the B10 and SEC are getting, it might be enough to entice those four back. Or, more accurately, convince them to not actually leave.

They have signed contracts with the B1G. To back out now so as to be in an ACC/B12 conference merger would be program suicide.

They have signed contracts with the B1G. To back out now so as to be in an ACC/B12 conference merger would be program suicide.
Maybe, but maybe not. I don’t think any of us really know the legalities of what’s happening now. We are setting precedents.

I’m not sure if UCLA or USC were under the illusion that any other Western schools were eventually coming other than Washington and Oregon. The B1G hasn’t given much indication they are interested in anyone else. Fox seems pretty happy with what they have while getting half of Phoenix, Denver, and SLC at the bargain B12 rate. The B1G‘s priority seems to be expanding in the mid-Atlantic and Florida plus ND.

There is approximately 0% chance any of the PAC schools already admitted to the Big 10 would change course. So I guess a small chance if you live in Lincoln. 😂

I took the tweet as saying there is interest from outside groups in trying to cash in on college football, there is interest from some ACC schools in doing anything that helps them, there is interest in the PAC 2 in being more relevant than the MWC. But it’s just that, some parties that want something interested in getting a conversation going. I can’t see any legal way the ACC can do anything, and it’s clear nobody wants the PAC 2.

I’m not sure if UCLA or USC were under the illusion that any other Western schools were eventually coming other than Washington and Oregon. The B1G hasn’t given much indication they are interested in anyone else. Fox seems pretty happy with what they have while getting half of Phoenix, Denver, and SLC at the bargain B12 rate. The B1G‘s priority seems to be expanding in the mid-Atlantic and Florida plus ND.
What sort of numbers will CU draw when it's playing a game while in playoff contention? When Prime's program starts winning, CU is by far the most valuable property in college football. They're going to want rights every week with the ability to air in their premium time slots that are currently reserved by their big contracts.

What sort of numbers will CU draw when it's playing a game while in playoff contention? When Prime's program starts winning, CU is by far the most valuable property in college football. They're going to want rights every week with the ability to air in their premium time slots that are currently reserved by their big contracts.
Fox can put CU wherever they want as is, and even if it’s not in Big Noon, they’ll find a way to make sure we are in an advantageous TV slot while in the Big 12. Even if it wasn’t possible, are they going to get Prime to sign a contract that says he’s staying at CU until the media contract expires? Because short of Prime winning a Natty or two and CU having regular Heisman candidates/winners and basically becoming the next Clemson as a nationally relevant program, CU isn’t going to rate well enough for the B1G post-Prime

He also called the 4C to the Big 12, specifically hinging on CU moving first. Once that happened, it was seemingly fluid but he did say Oregon and Washington to the B1G was probable. There's probably not enough to say he is a true insider, but I think there's enough evidence to suggest he likely has some kind of source that at least has some kind of handle on the situation and does more than just throw made up **** against the wall and see what sticks.
He reads a ****load of message board and throws **** at walls. Someone last year made a nice list of all the absolute BS he's said. Just anytime he gets something right he repeats it over and over.

Greg F was first to call USC and UCLA. Loooooooooots of people talked about the 4C and CU being first (saw it on Baylor boards months before MHver even dreamt it).

Back