What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU In-State Recruiting 2020

In 2020, we'll be looking at 2 more years with Sherman and Fillip. Our coaches better damn well be filling that pipeline on our depth chart. Take 3. Hell, take 4. I've got no problem at all if we have a 2020 OL class of 5 guys (Lee and 4 tackles).

If we can get em' take a bunch. As I've said before I've never seen a program lose because it had too many good linemen.

Generally speaking if you have too many tackles you can move guys inside. The transition from tackle to guard happens successfully much more often than the reverse of that.

These are the types of advocates we need for CU Football. Just watching McChesney talk about the kids in state and the new coaching staff has me fired up. I'm hoping that as CU starts winning big again that the best kids at Six Zero have CU presented as their primary preferred option and that every other school has a huge up hill battle to pull any of these kids out of state.

Nice article in The Post this morning which interviewed some 247 recruiting guys. They said Mel Tucker is turning heads in state. I’m not sure if they were speculating or had heard from players and coaches.

They did say that the game really “opened (Brenden Rice) his eyes.” They also mentioned that Jake Rubley was at the game but didn’t mention his reaction to the game or Tucker.

Nice article in The Post this morning which interviewed some 247 recruiting guys. They said Mel Tucker is turning heads in state. I’m not sure if they were speculating or had heard from players and coaches.
Maybe turning heads can turn into some flips. In Mel we trust!
They did say that the game really “opened (Brenden Rice) his eyes.” They also mentioned that Jake Rubley was at the game but didn’t mention his reaction to the game or Tucker.

It seems pretty straightforward for coaches to catch several in-state games throughout the season, but this actually still seems like a new concept under Tucker.
99% of "maintaining positive relationships with in - state high school coaches" is paying attention and showing up.

They understand recruiting or not recruiting their kids. They won't get offended if you don't offer their kid.

All you have to do is pay attention and show up, and they'll be happy with you.

(You also get bonus points if you show up in hospital rooms when kids get hurt playing ball - regardless of whether the kid is a prospect or not. GB regularly did this; it was one of the reasons HS coaches loved him.)

Edit to add, this is actually true of most relationships in life: 99% of success is about simply paying attention and showing up.

99% of "maintaining positive relationships with in - state high school coaches" is paying attention and showing up.

They understand recruiting or not recruiting their kids. They won't get offended if you don't offer their kid.

All you have to do is pay attention and show up, and they'll be happy with you.

(You also get bonus points if you show up in hospital rooms when kids get hurt playing ball - regardless of whether the kid is a prospect or not. GB regularly did this; it was one of the reasons HS coaches loved him.)

Edit to add, this is actually true of most relationships in life: 99% of success is about simply paying attention and showing up.
I’d even say that you may put in a good word with other coaches for a kid you aren’t recruiting. Obviously not for top prospects with competitors in your own conference.

If we could get kole gentry and the Dt Mel couldn't have put together a better first class

Last edited:
Back