What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU is a gold mine

But Wisconsin has nothing but football. Brewers and Bucks a little but no mountains, etc. Also bigger factor is that virtually everyone there is from there, born and raised to be fans of the Packers and the Badgers. Colorado is full of people from other places
This is really the big difference.

This is really the big difference.
When I attended CU back in the 70's as an out of state student , the first thing I realized was Denver and Boulder were like Frankenstein. Built with so many different parts from different places that any sense of culture had long since been diluted. John Lee Hooker played one night at the Blue Note, and in a Daily Camrera interview said Boulder was made up of too many East coasters who spread their uptightness and paranoia. I was one of very few who got a job and stayed in Colorado after I graduated.

The Broncos have always been a major detriment to the CU football program. Colorado Buff football never has and never will be able to compete with the Broncos.

The Broncos have nothing to do with CU. The Bronco success has no impact on the success of CU football. CU must expand its core fan base. That has been an issue for a long time. The Broncos have zero impact on that.

The Broncos have nothing to do with CU. The Bronco success has no impact on the success of CU football. CU must expand its core fan base. That has been an issue for a long time. The Broncos have zero impact on that.

The Broncos are competition for fans, media attention, and all the revenues that go with those.

That said the market is big enough that given a quality product presented well and supported well the market is more than large enough for CU to be very successful even with the Broncos dominating the market. This is where the earlier comparison of Wisconsin and the Packers applies. The Packers will always be #1 in that state but the Badgers manage to fill a huge stadium and generate giant revenues while winning.

That's a totally unrealistic statement - the Broncos and CU are competing for the entertainment $. "This ain't intramurals".

Last edited:
People can be fans of both. It's not an either/or situation. That said, games at Folsom are 1,000X more enjoyable than games at Invesco. Anybody who does both, enjoys CU more.

Back