What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU officially hires Mel Tucker as new Head Football Coach

Those people are stupid and have small penises.
tenor.gif

My therapist said I second guess myself too often.

[deleted]

:) :)
:)

—————

Now we return you back to the handwringing posts about Tucker.

I don’t understand the whole never coached West of Chicago. You do understand that as HC, he isn’t the one that initiates recruiting? That’s on the recruiting coordinator and assistants.

I sure hope the HC is in charge of recruiting. He better damn well have a plan.

I sure hope the HC is in charge of recruiting. He better damn well have a plan.
Involved, absolutely. Set the plan and direction, yup? But the first person to scout, contact a recruit? Nope. That’s what your recruiting department is for.

Involved, absolutely. Set the plan and direction, yup? But the first person to scout, contact a recruit? Nope. That’s what your recruiting department is for.

There is no separate "recruiting department." Tucker needs to have a recruiting plan with the assistants he hires and he runs the operation. Assistants may do most of the work, but Tucker will run every facet of recruiting. As part of that, he damn well better have a set recruiting criteria in mind when hiring assistants.

There is no separate "recruiting department." Tucker needs to have a recruiting plan with the assistants he hires and he runs the operation. Assistants may do most of the work, but Tucker will run every facet of recruiting. As part of that, he damn well better have a set recruiting criteria in mind when hiring assistants.
You are saying exactly what I’m saying. Nothing different. He’s not the one out on the trail. It’s his AC doing that.

This.

Plus there is AD staff assigned to the football program that do work supporting the recruiting effort. Their efforts are very important. But they take their marching orders from the Head Coach. This is not like the NFL with a scouting department, GM and president who work independently of the HC.

You are saying exactly what I’m saying. Nothing different

I am just saying the head coach is a lot more involved (or should be) than you implied. In terms of scouting and contact, he will have plenty of communication with recruits.

I hope Tucker becomes a leader of men, a pillar in our community, a father figure to our players. I want him to instill discipline and toughness in the team. And mostly I hope he steals all of Georgia's recruits. Let's rob those mother ****ers blind.

I hope Tucker becomes a leader of men, a pillar in our community, a father figure to our players. I want him to instill discipline and toughness in the team. And mostly I hope he steals all of Georgia's recruits. Let's rob those mother ****ers blind.
The Pride and Tradition of the Colorado Buffaloes will not be entrusted to the timid or the weak!!

I am just saying the head coach is a lot more involved (or should be) than you implied. In terms of scouting and contact, he will have plenty of communication with recruits.
Yeah, I remember all those stories about Jim Harbaugh climbing trees and **** with recruits. My impression is that you gotta get pretty involved to get top talent.

Rick George mentioned recruiting in the post firing presser for how CU can go up. Rest assured he understands the importance.

I get what Duff is saying, in terms of how it never felt like MM took full ownership of recruiting, and thus we got decent players, maybe even good ones in 2017, but no where near the players that Tucker has got, and should get moving forward. I just love that we are going to go in a completely 180 degree direction and I am pretty sure that Tuckers planning for recruiting will come from within the walls of the Alabama's and the Georgia's of the world. I am pretty sure they have good plans we can follow (steal)

I actually think that having Tucker be mostly plugged into the midwest and southeast is just fine in relationship to Line recruiting. Everyone agrees that the P12 is not getting enough beef and power on the OL and DL, so if Coach Tucker can recruit us some guys from Georgia, Alabama, Louisiana, and other parts, maybe we can make some serious improvements at those spots. Colorado is not that different a landscape from Georgia or North Carolina, so if they come, they will like it. Atlanta to Denver is a direct flight.

We are gonna Tuck the PAC12 Up!

Back