What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU officially hires Mel Tucker as new Head Football Coach

Red Dirt on the goatnation board is saying UGA has offered MT $2.1MM to stay and he's considering it.

If true, this is a good thing. It means they value him as a coach and want him to stay. If they were helping him pack his bags on his way out the door, that would be a red flag for us. That said, no way he turns down millions more and a HC job at a P5 school. It just reinforces for me that we got the right guy.

CU Athletic Department:
giphy.gif
Hey @Uncle Ken ....

why would we need two flights at the same time from atlanta... how big is this man's entourage? of course, with Coach Tucker's LASER DEATH STARE, if he wants two mutha ****ing private jets, he GETS two jets.

"Tower, this is UNICORN 1 on final approach."

"UNICORN1, why are you flying in parallel to a second identical aircraft?"

"Tower, because I WANT TO."

"Roger, UNICORN 1. 2nd flight, designated UNICORN 2. Permissions granted to land"

"Thank you, tower-- be sure to have my rainbows and glory ready for my arrival."

why would we need two flights at the same time from atlanta... how big is this man's entourage? of course, with Coach Tucker's LASER DEATH STARE, if he wants two mutha ****ing private jets, he GETS two jets.

"Roger, UNICORN 1. 2nd flight, designated UNICORN 2. Permissions granted to land"

"Thank you, tower-- be sure to have my rainbows and glory ready for my arrival."
He's taking his entire Georgia secondary plus Justin Fields with him.

2 flights tomorrow at the same time. Could be something. https://flightaware.com/live/findflight?origin=KATL&destination=KBJC
AirlineIdentAircraftStatusDepartureArrival
NetJets Aviation "EXECJET"EJA786Scheduled (in 21 hours 30 minutes)Wed 01:00PM EST01:49PM MST Wed
NetJets Aviation "EXECJET"EJA501Scheduled (in 21 hours 30 minutes)Wed 01:00PM EST01:49PM MST Wed
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Hate to put a damper on things but most likely he would live near Athens (AHN) and they wouldn't put it out there until they filed the flight plan, so at the most you are looking at 2 hours prior notice. Those flights are more likely a large corporate group that needs two airplanes to take everyone, hence why they would plan it 24 hours in advance.

Hate to put a damper on things but most likely he would live near Athens (AHN) and they wouldn't put it out there until they filed the flight plan, so at the most you are looking at 2 hours prior notice. Those flights are more likely a large corporate group that needs two airplanes to take everyone, hence why they would plan it 24 hours in advance.

that makes sense. therefore, i must shoot the messenger. sorry, you don't seem like a bad guy, but i feel like you've earned your shooting.

"Tower this is UNICORN1 is that @buff4bcs1985 down there ? Aborting Landing. I repeat. Aborting Landing"

My poor Cheerios. :cry:
Lt9a-e.gif

Quote feature not working for me, so here's the dial-up way to do this:
4BienemyTDs said:
Now we can announce tomorrow that there is a press conference on Thursday, and then once the presser is done, we can get on with criticizing the staff hires!!!

fixed for troof.

Thank you for that update, there of course is the follow up work to do after we all recover from the reality that a presser was actually held. I will rest up for Thursday afternoon.

Messaging
Messaging
Messaging

Throwing salt on every positive comment, then saying but we are going to hopefully have a press conference in as little 72 hours barring any setbacks, hopefully, maybe, we are not sure, gosh I hope so, ehhhhh who knows!!! Say things in clean concise positive ways. In my world it is called a “Clear Future”, otherwise my customers are gone.

If we had hired Mangino we would be booking one of these.

aircargo.jpg

Weird. Both flights depart and arrive at exactly the same time and are the same charter company. Could they be the same flight with 2 designations for some reason?
It’s a flight plan. It’s not gospel and is subject to change. It could be that they don’t know exactly which aircraft will make the flight and so they filed plans for both.

I will say this again, those flights have nothing to do with the coaching hire. They are flying from Hartsfield, the busiest f'ing airport in the world. No time sensitive business would fly out of there unless absolutely necessary. That is why they have to schedule so far in advance, so that they can get the departure window. The only reason to fly out of there would be for a pre-planned trip, two airplanes would be for the size of the party.

Back