What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU officially hires Mel Tucker as new Head Football Coach

Welcome MT, time to get behind this hire and recruiting and looking forward to see the staff he assembles.

Cites recruiting grounds as Colorado then Texas Cali Louisiana Jayhawk league and then nationally “like Florida, Georgia” in that order.
I loved his response to the suggestion that it's going to be hard to recruit where it's hard to be familiar with the Pac-12 because the games are on so late.

(paraphrasing) "We will not put any self-imposed limitations on ourselves."

Last edited:
The recruiting lesson he learned from Jim Tressel -- "If you see a player you don't think we can beat Michigan with, we don't want him."

Said that identifying he great players is easy. It's the marketing and building of the relationship that makes the difference.

Then he said, "If you can close, you can win."

I loved his response to the suggestion that it's going to be hard to recruit where it's hard to be familiar with the Pac-12 because the games are on so late.

Lol what time does DMac think high school kids go to bed? They all stream the games on their computer, they're not exactly hung up on which cable package their parents have. Bigger issue is local pressure to stay home in SEC and Big 10 country, I'd think.

A no-excuses guy, you gotta love it.

Welcome MT, time to get behind this hire and recruiting and looking forward to see the staff he assembles.
I like this hire. Anxious to see:

1) how he leads
2) culture instillation
3) who he keeps
4) SC, OL and OC

Then, of course, recruiting.

6.5/10 with plenty of upside based on above.

Even I have high hopes today. I just want good ball back in Boulder.

You could literally see how confused he was when DMac asked him if he had any kids who were looking to play QB or WR in college.

(He doesn't, youngest play some OL, but mostly lacrosse in 9th grade, his oldest is a HS junior who is mostly into soccer).

D-Mac made it about the Broncos. Lol I’m not surprised.
Rick George on to announce a new football coach, let's make it an interview about bringing baseball back to CU.

Mel Tucker on with an interview you got ahead of the press conference, let's ask him about whether he has sons who play football (which Al needed to explain the reference to Mel about) and then talk about the Broncos.

It's so bad that I am astounded.

Back