What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU officially hires Mel Tucker as new Head Football Coach

Supposedly, they are expected to meet after the SEC CG for the formal meeting/interview/offer
Pretty much this. I dont know why it would shock people. This has been all been handled through a 3rd party. I doubt MT and RG have even met yet. Tonight they will meet, have dinner, take a look at the facilities, agree on the offer, and announce it officially tomorrow (technically next week).

Pretty much this. I dont know why it would shock people. This has been all been handled through a 3rd party. I doubt MT and RG have even met yet. Tonight they will meet, have dinner, take a look at the facilities, agree on the offer, and announce it officially tomorrow (technically next week).
They haven't met .sarcasm font?

You think they fly to Boulder tonight?

I really hope we didn't send him an offer before ever meeting him. Seems like a bad way to hire any position. And same goes for him, why would he accept a job before ever meeting his boss or seeing the new city and facilities he'll be working in? What if he meets George and they don't get along so he turns us down? We'd look like absolute fools.

I hope both sides have done their due diligence, I think this is fantastic hire if/when it comes to fruition.

This is way down the road beyond all this crap. They likely had teleconference interviews, vetting, bachground checks, referral calls, everything. Coach Tucker probably called 10 friends that could discuss Boulder with him, and he has likely been to or through Denver tons of times. He just needs to walk down the runway and sign his moving in papers. Deal is done!!!

Tucker seems to check all the boxes we need. Really looks like a home run hire, a lot to be optimistic about. Given that he’s only been in top 5 college programs or the NFL since 2000, it will be interesting to see how he adapts to an environment that is less blue blood football crazy.

And the biggest thing to me ... can he recruit on the OL? Our biggest perennial weakness over the last 20 years.

Can we become the old Running Buffs with stud WR’s and TE’s getting open on play action and running folks out of Folsom gassed. And then, oh by the way having a stud defense with the best corners and safeties shutting down the spread teams!!!
Please
Thank you again Coach Tucker
Welcome to Beautiful Colorado

I don't see him arriving in Boulder at the earliest until tomorrow. Especially if Georgia wins the game.

You could hear Desmond say "Wow!" when they showed that graphic of him likely going to CU and it definitely sounded like a good Wow, as if to say "Impressive!"
Impossible! When I suggested (thinking maybe it would be Lake) that leaking the info last night would get us some positive coverage on GameDay and pre- and post-game shows today I was told by DuffMan that we should wait because the news would get buried today. :D

Okay. After reading 9 pages of this thread, I’m in. I was in the verge of canceling my season tickets but I’m now ready to renew.

UGA's fanbase, for SEC standards, doesn't seem quite as crazy as others (hello, Auburn), but that could probably be a copy n paste from some SEC forums, especially in the SECW.

Agree here. UGA fans, while completely obsessed with their program, seem to have the most realistic expectations and perceptions of their program.

Being in Athens last week and going to the game and talking to some of the UGA fans they seemed almost more sophisticated (for lack of a better term) but they were still extremely dedicated and knowledgeable about their program. Which is probably what you both meant but there was certainly no lack of passion for that program and Sanford was full, and this was for a noon kickoff against a team that nobody seemed terribly worried about.

Back