What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU officially hires Mel Tucker as new Head Football Coach

More groupthink.

Dude. It’s totally okay to have a differing opinion. If you don’t think Mel Tucker is the guy that’s fine, you’re entitled to that opinion. I just don’t think saying Georgia’s performance today on defense is a good reason for why you don’t like him. I understand some
of your concerns but we’re never going to find the perfect candidate in every single way.

Last edited:
People are allowed to have a different opinion. I don't understand why we'd moderate someone saying they don't like the hire.
tenor.gif

Thank god.

PAHI is really worried about not having CU football as a punching bag.

I've felt bad for CU football since the fake scandal.

I love CU football and have since the Eddie Crowder Era. Don't fret Duff, I'll always have the CU administration to kick around as a punching bag.

I was prepared for Leavitt. The maintenance of a good attitude through the assumption of a negative result. What’s the worst? Leavitt.

I never thot Holgorsen would take our calls.
Wells, Day, Lake all have reasons to not come.

Colorado isn’t a destination . In my state the big high schools play to bigger crowds than Folsom does now. We have helicopters covering games. It is a town event.

Boulder has so many non football activities. People are fickle. Bandwagoners at best.
Alumni dollars are fickle too. Community support is tentative

Tucker knows this going in. And he still is interested.

Please make us competitive. In the conference hunt each year. Initially. Then we can talk national expectations. Baby steps. We so used to mediocrity. Dazzle us with excellence.

Last edited:
Lol gotta love the groupthink on here right now. I dont want Coley or any other Georgia offensive assistant calling plays here, and I don't want Tucker.
Please tell us... who DO you want? Please tell us, so we can tell you how dumb of a **** you are.

I still love this hire. We didn't settle for a G5 coach or an underqualified coach. I don't care if Tucker stays only two years like Urban Meyer did at Utah...you'd be more likely to find an unicorn than an Ute fan that wishes Meyer didn't come in the first place. If Tucker wants to stay in Boulder long term, great!

What I'm looking for is is strong recruiting and establishing a hard nosed mentality that will win us conference championships.

I was prepared for Leavitt. The maintenance of a good attitude through the assumption of a negative result. What’s the worst? Leavitt.

Colorado isn’t a destination . In my state the big high schools play to bigger crowds than Folsom does now. We have helicopters covering games. It is a town event.

Boulder has so many non football activities. People are fickle. Bandwagoners at best.

Please make us competitive. In the conference hunt each year. Initially. Then we can talk national expectations. Baby steps. We so used to mediocrity. Dazzle us with excellence.
Nobody cares about your backwater Oklahoma town that for sure hasn’t drawn 50,000 for a game like the Buffs did this year.

I’m originally from Oklahoma, played high school ball there including a 6A state title and still have a bunch of family and friends there and I keep an eye on the football there as it’s familiar. What the **** stadium in Oklahoma high school holds 50k+??

I would be dazzled by average right now

I think any criticisms of this hire are nitpicking. There’s no sure fire can’t miss hire. Any time you make a coaching change, you’re taking a risk. That’s unavoidable. That said, Tucker’s experience mitigates most of those risks.

This is a good hire. Time will tell if it will work out, but given the options and the trajectory of the CU program, RG did very well.

Last edited:
Back