What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU officially hires Mel Tucker as new Head Football Coach

what if You were a coach on this staff? wouldn't you like to know what kind of plan you need. You have kids in school a wife - do you need to start looking for a job? no one likes being employed and not knowing what is going on. **** the recruits - there are plenty of them. I am thinking about coaches and staff members who don't know what is going on. That is disrespectful. You get a ****ing life.
People don't get into to coaching for stability. There is no doubt they all saw the writing on the wall right after the OSU game. If any of our couches were not putting out feelers, for future jobs, after that game then are not that smart and I don't want them coaching here. These guys are going to get buy outs, they will not be on the street and starving over Christmas. This is not disrespectful, this is the process.

what if You were a coach on this staff? wouldn't you like to know what kind of plan you need. You have kids in school a wife - do you need to start looking for a job? no one likes being employed and not knowing what is going on. **** the recruits - there are plenty of them. I am thinking about coaches and staff members who don't know what is going on. That is disrespectful. You get a ****ing life.
The first group you listed was the fanbase. The second you listed were the players. Then you listed the recruits. You mentioned the current staff last, so I'm sure that's what you're thinking about. Regardless, you're delusional if you believe the current coaches, 1. Haven't been given some kind of indication about their future, or 2. Didn't expect to have to wait-and-see. This is the life of a coach; they come and go, are constantly relocating, taking major pay increases along with decreases in certain situations. It is NOT, in any way imaginable, disrespectful to anybody involved that the public announcement is now 48 hours past an arbitrary deadline that a small faction of fans created.

does it matter? adams is sitting on his ass not helping CU at all right now. Other coaches are Manning up and doing their job (hopefully) even though they will be handed a pink slip as soon as they return. The donors and the fans that are supporting this program are getting the finger. There is absolutely no reason some kind of PRE announcement can not come out. There is nothing being gained by the silence and wait, only damage. If there is this long silence it has to be for a bad reason or someone would have made an announcement to some degree.

does it matter? adams is sitting on his ass not helping CU at all right now. Other coaches are Manning up and doing their job (hopefully) even though they will be handed a pink slip as soon as they return. The donors and the fans that are supporting this program are getting the finger. There is absolutely no reason some kind of PRE announcement can not come out. There is nothing being gained by the silence and wait, only damage. If there is this long silence it has to be for a bad reason or someone would have made an announcement to some degree.
doom.png

the only proof we have of a coaching hire is an espn announcement during the biggest game of the season so far and we (CU) did not seize the moment.

You should write Rick George and complain

the only proof we have of a coaching hire is an espn announcement during the biggest game of the season so far and we (CU) did not seize the moment.
giphy.gif

So its our fault Mel Tucker's agent leaked word of a deal that clearly wasn't done on Friday night? Got it.

This goes along with all this conjecture.. . . but if CU had announced or leaked earlier than confirmation, then Day would have been announced as the new HC and then we would have had to backtrack immensely as he then says "no", after going back to OSU and getting his new contract with them. We don't want another Butch Jones fiasco.

I think right to make sure everything confirmed and lined up before officially announcing, even if people -- including recruits -- get their butt hurt. Didn't need Plati's press release, either.

Edit: We don't want to b_walk this up

Last edited:
Could be everyone is on their way to to Bristol for a big announcement in studio tonight.

Boffo Buff Boffo

It’s just as likely as some of the theories here ;)

That's their profession, though. They are under contract through January of 2020 other than Bernardi, whose contract expires in 2019. Their boss got fired. A new boss is being hired. He is unlikely to retain most of them, but maybe he will. These assistants will continue to do the job they were hired to do until told they no longer have the job or they find a new job to leave for. I'm sure their kids will be just fine as daddy sits there with the security of a six figure salary for the next year while he looks for the the next six figure opportunity. Boo ****ing hoo. Worrying about crap like this - which is the nature of the profession they all signed up for - is a big reason why MacIntyre no longer has a job and these coaches find their jobs in limbo.

That schedule, woof. Tucker is going to have a big, big, BIG test on his hands. Can't lose the seniors on this team or it will be a 3 win year, maybe!

I'm getting impatient too, but some seem to be 10x me in that department. Here's one thing to help assuage and calm you down - Louisville hired their HC yesterday. Was there any mention of Mel Tucker to them? Not that he has ties to Louisville, but if this deal wasn't complete or very close to it, then Tucker should have been a candidate there as well imo. I'm sitting back and trying to not check these stupid boards every 15 minutes; let's not lose our minds just yet.

That's their profession, though. They are under contract through January of 2020 other than Bernardi, whose contract expires in 2019. Their boss got fired. A new boss is being hired. He is unlikely to retain most of them, but maybe he will. These assistants will continue to do the job they were hired to do until told they no longer have the job or they find a new job to leave for. I'm sure their kids will be just fine as daddy sits there with the security of a six figure salary for the next year while he looks for the the next six figure opportunity. Boo ****ing hoo. Worrying about crap like this - which is the nature of the profession they all signed up for - is a big reason why MacIntyre no longer has a job and these coaches find their jobs in limbo.
This. Being a coach is like being a salesman. If one is doing well, one will have plenty of great opportunities. If one isn't doing very well, they will also get "opportunities". Either way, only the delusional will not see what is going on. If this coaching staff thought ending up in the PAC 12 South basement 5 out of 6 years wasn't a problem, then they deserve to get new "opportunities".
And I also feel no sympathy as they work through what many others do without the six figure parting amount.

I'm getting impatient too, but some seem to be 10x me in that department. Here's one thing to help assuage and calm you down - Louisville hired their HC yesterday. Was there any mention of Mel Tucker to them? Not that he has ties to Louisville, but if this deal wasn't complete or very close to it, then Tucker should have been a candidate there as well imo. I'm sitting back and trying to not check these stupid boards every 15 minutes; let's not lose our minds just yet.

Their fans were interested in Tucker, but Louisville I don't think could pay even what we could (Assuming Mel Tucker will get at least what FHCMM was making if not more)-They're paying Tom Jurich $7m not to do anything, Chris Mack's Xavier buyout (I don't know what that number is), Petrino $14m not to do anything, and they keep talking about Rick Pitino's $35m or whatever the hell the number is lawsuit against them like there's a chance they might lose it-I don't know how, but still. That felt like Jeff Brohm all along and if he said no they'd go get a Group of 5 coach.

"I'm your ice cream man, stop me when I'm passing by"
- David Lee Roth, lead signer Marshmallow Tucker Band

Can’t you see
Can’t you see-eee
What this coaching search
Is doing to me?

9E11C195-09B2-4EEF-9D9D-24CCF44ADD7D.jpeg

- DJ for The MarshMELow TUCKER Band

There is every reason that you can't have an official pre announcement ahead of the official announcement. Rumors are one thing but putting an official stamp on it can only happen in an official way (hence the name). I have no clue why it is taking so long for CU to make the announcement but taking silence as bad news is the voices in your head.

Back