What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Over/Under 4.5

The nubs drew a pretty easy Big Ten schedule. 4 conf road games. Drew Ohio St, Indiana, Maryland out of the East. Wisconsin, Iowa, NW all at home.
I think they lose 2 of those 3 home games, and Ohio State for sure. On the road vs Purdue is going to be tough and CU/Minn are toss ups. To me, that's 5 losses out of those 7 games, which still gives a one game buffer to hit the Under at 8.5.

Air Force was a 5 win team in that conference last year.

Oregon State Over only looks good because it's hard to imagine a team not winning at least 3 games in today's landscape, but they start vs Okie State and then travel to Hawaii before finishing OOC vs Cal Poly. Their Pac 12 schedule is a tough one as well. The three best teams on their schedule (Washington, Utah and Stanford) are all home games and surefire losses, and they travel to Washington State and Oregon. They should be heavy underdogs vs everyone on their schedule except Cal Poly.

Let's chalk up Cal Poly as a W. I think they're beating Hawaii (Athlon has the Rainbows at 7-6, and I think that's pretty reasonable). I think they beat ASU (who should be a little down IMO-no Wilkins or Harry coming back) or UA (who has absolute dumpster fire written all over them).

I've got Air Force beating Colgate, San Jose State, Navy, Utah State, New Mexico, Colorado State, and Wyoming.

Granted-that's not as easy money as taking the under on Clemson (11.5) and Alabama (11).

Let's chalk up Cal Poly as a W. I think they're beating Hawaii (Athlon has the Rainbows at 7-6, and I think that's pretty reasonable). I think they beat ASU (who should be a little down IMO-no Wilkins or Harry coming back) or UA (who has absolute dumpster fire written all over them).

I've got Air Force beating Colgate, San Jose State, Navy, Utah State, New Mexico, Colorado State, and Wyoming.
Yeah, I think we can talk OSU into 3 wins for sure, but Hawaii is never an easy out (in fact, they are usually a very, very tough out) on the islands. That's why I think their O/U all hinges on the Hawaii game. Win it, and they will probably hit the Over with an upset in the Pac 12. Lose it, and I think it's Under as I just can't see them with two Pac 12 upsets. That's why I think 2.5 is about right for them.

I could see ASU surprising a lot of people and winning 8-9 games. Their offense is loaded with seniors and Benjamin is a beast. Also, a pretty favorable conference schedule outside of a road game at Utah.

I could see ASU surprising a lot of people and winning 8-9 games. Their offense is loaded with seniors and Benjamin is a beast. Also, a pretty favorable conference schedule outside of a road game at Utah.

Lot of people (me) figured their coaching situation would be a complete dumpster fire right off the bat. Doesn't look like that's the case.

Yeah, I think we can talk OSU into 3 wins for sure, but Hawaii is never an easy out (in fact, they are usually a very, very tough out) on the islands. That's why I think their O/U all hinges on the Hawaii game. Win it, and they will probably hit the Over with an upset in the Pac 12. Lose it, and I think it's Under as I just can't see them with two Pac 12 upsets. That's why I think 2.5 is about right for them.

I agree. Where I disagree with you is I've got them beating Hawaii. They'll take down Arizona to hit the over IMO.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...llege-football-win-totals-for-every-fbs-team/

National Over/Unders in case anyone is curious. Threw up some interesting ones that didn't make it in the initial post:

• Clemson: 11.5 (Over +130, Under -156)
  • Miami: 8.5 (Over -130, Under +112)
  • Virginia Tech: 8.5 (Over -146, Under +124)
  • Ohio State: 10.5 (Over +112, Under -130)
  • Michigan: 9.5 (Over -168, Under +142)
  • Oklahoma: 10.5 (Over -130, Under +112)
  • Texas: 9.5 (Over +102, Under -120)
  • Iowa State: 8 (Over +106, Under -124)
  • TCU: 7.5 (Over -120, Under +102)
  • Alabama: 11 (Over -130, Under +110)
  • Georgia: 11 (Over +130, Under -154)
  • Florida: 9 (Over +102, Under -120)
  • LSU: 9 (Over -108, Under -108)
  • Mississippi State: 8.5 (Over -165, Under +140)
  • Auburn: 8 (Over +130, Under -156)
  • Texas A&M: 7.5 (Over -114, Under -102)
  • Missouri: 6.5 (Over -184, Under +154)
  • Tennessee: 6.5 (Over -184, Under +154)
  • Army: 8.5 (Over -225, Under +186)
  • Notre Dame: 8.5 (Over -184, Under +154)
  • BYU: 6 (Over -130, Under +112)

Attachments

• upload_2019-7-1_19-5-31.png
    upload_2019-7-1_19-5-31.png
    185.2 KB · Views: 2
https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...llege-football-win-totals-for-every-fbs-team/

National Over/Unders in case anyone is curious. Threw up some interesting ones that didn't make it in the initial post:

LSU has a lot of talent but in recent years has seemed to underachieve. Might be a good but on the under.

High expectations for Michigan. Wonder if Harbaugh starts to get a warmer seat if he fails to beat tOSU this year and falls under 10 wins.

Overall a lot of high numbers in the SEC but have to remember how many cream puffs they play OOC and that the bottom teams are far behind the top teams.
Still think in addition to LSU that I might look at the under for Florida and Georgia.

Also hard to make the math work with all of those B12 schools with high totals, they play each other so somebody is going to fall short just on those games.

Stanford comes to Orlando for a September game vs. UCF. It will be a day game. They will wilt.

I agree. Where I disagree with you is I've got them beating Hawaii. They'll take down Arizona to hit the over IMO.
Isn’t that what I said? It hinges on them beating Hawaii because I think they’ll get 1 Pac 12 win. If they lose to Hawaii, where does their third win come from?

I mean they are a lot easier than that lol
Of course, but sports books are built on parlays. Odds are so heavily against you that in 4-5 bet parlays, the fun is mostly in thinking about what you’ll do with the x5 or x10 winnings. That and having a ton of action on multiple games.

Against my better judgement most of the time, I’m a sucker and throw some parlays out there sometimes as well

Of course, but sports books are built on parlays. Odds are so heavily against you that in 4-5 bet parlays, the fun is mostly in thinking about what you’ll do with the x5 or x10 winnings. That and having a ton of action on multiple games.

Against my better judgement most of the time, I’m a sucker and throw some parlays out there sometimes as well
Yeah I just really like them on the pre season win totals. There is actually a lot of value there if you do your research. Much harder to go with 3 games in a day.

I'm taking the over.

It shouldn't be unreasonable for CU to start out 3-0 and that includes a win over the Huskers. Then we got the road trip to ASU...who is their QB going to be? I like CU's chances in Tempe. The Arizona game is a win since the Buffs are coming off a bye week. CU could be at least 4-1 if not 5-0 like last season.

CU plays at UO on a short week...I'm not going to think about a W in that case unless it's fantasy thoughts. Ditto for the WSU game. USC is coming off a bye week while CU is coming off a short week after the WSU game but hey it's a home game. Buffs travel to UCLA after that one then Stanford at home. UW comes and CU finishes at Utah. Two more home wins over USC & Stanford would get the Buffs to a bowl game.

I'm taking the over.

It shouldn't be unreasonable for CU to start out 3-0 and that includes a win over the Huskers. Then we got the road trip to ASU...who is their QB going to be? I like CU's chances in Tempe. The Arizona game is a win since the Buffs are coming off a bye week. CU could be at least 4-1 if not 5-0 like last season.

CU plays at UO on a short week...I'm not going to think about a W in that case unless it's fantasy thoughts. Ditto for the WSU game. USC is coming off a bye week while CU is coming off a short week after the WSU game but hey it's a home game. Buffs travel to UCLA after that one then Stanford at home. UW comes and CU finishes at Utah. Two more home wins over USC & Stanford would get the Buffs to a bowl game.
Spicy!

I'm taking the over.

Please post a picture of your bet. You're going to make a killing considering Vegas was so foolish with such a low O/U win #.

bet against tOSU, Oklahoma....

Clemson, Bama, UGA.....they can't all win 11 games. bet against 2 and win the other?

bet against Manny Diaz at Miami and ESPN hoo hoo overrating U and Syracuse but 8.5 seems about right.

bet against tOSU, Oklahoma....

Clemson, Bama, UGA.....they can't all win 11 games. bet against 2 and win the other?

bet against Manny Diaz at Miami and ESPN hoo hoo overrating U and Syracuse but 8.5 seems about right.

I think OU loses once, so I'd go over there......most likely of the three to go under in terms of Clemson, Alabama, and Georgia is Georgia. Agree on Miami.

I'm taking the over.

Agree with this completely-I see three OOC wins, Arizona, and Arizona State.......and then I think our upgraded coaching staff gets us one more (most likely USC-because the wheels will be coming off them by mid October).

I agree with you! Only I have the Nubs eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeking into some bowl that nobody but fuskers fans gives a **** about. 6-6 bitch.

fify

For them any excuse to leave Nebraska in late December is a big deal.

That's why they can sell 45,000 tickets to the MidSouth Acme Foot fungus Cream bowl in two days.

Without diving into how bye weeks could affect certain games, I think 6.5 for USC is about right, tbh.

Two sure fire losses on the road to UW and ND, probable losses to Utah, Oregon and Stanford at home, and then toss ups/slight SC favorites vs UA and UCLA at home and CU, ASU and Cal on the road. Fresno State at home in week one is surely a win and I don't really know how BYU is supposed to be this year, but they travel to Provo, so I see as a toss up/slight SC favorite matchup.

For them, I think a lot depends on how they handle the first 4 weeks. 4-0/3-1, and I think they have the confidence to keep playing well for Helton and hit the over. If they go 2-2 (which I think it likely) heading into roadies against UW and ND, I think they come out 2-4, with an apathetic attitude and things probably snowball from there.

Fresno State won 12 games last year and 10 the year before. Tedford has his alma mater rolling. SC is in trouble right out of the gate and could be looking at a 1-5 start.

Back