What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU players in the NFL

Rodgers and Crosby are both coming to the end of their careers, there has been speculation about both of them.

Bak is younger but plays a position that normally has a shorter career. The last couple of years have been a battle for him to get and stay healthy.

All three have made their money.

The together part comes from the three of them being close friends. Rodgers and Bak have both hinted that they wouldn't be happy without the other on the team and Rodgers has also commented on his friendship with Crosby.

Who knows what any of them will do but going out together wouldn't surprise me at all.

Rodgers and Crosby are both coming to the end of their careers, there has been speculation about both of them.

Bak is younger but plays a position that normally has a shorter career. The last couple of years have been a battle for him to get and stay healthy.

All three have made their money.

The together part comes from the three of them being close friends. Rodgers and Bak have both hinted that they wouldn't be happy without the other on the team and Rodgers has also commented on his friendship with Crosby.

Who knows what any of them will do but going out together wouldn't surprise me at all.
If there’s one thing I’ve learned about Rodgers in his career - he LOVES sharing the spotlight.

If there’s one thing I’ve learned about Rodgers in his career - he LOVES sharing the spotlight.
You are right about his ego. He would make sure that his announcement was "the" announcement at the given time, and more than likely he would spend a good amount of time dropping hints and playing the media to do the will he or won't he angles for a while, might even string it out worse than Brady (although I think when Rodgers leaves, he's gone.)

The Bak and Crosby announcements would come at a different time but in the same off-season, before or after Rodgers does his.

Brady Russell at the NFLPA’s Collegiate Bowl:

This week’s Stock Up

One of the more underrated players in this year’s draft, Russell drew lots of attention with interview requests after a solid week of practice. His route-running is crisp, showcasing sharp breaks when getting in and out of his routes. In fact, Russell was extremely difficult to guard during one-on-ones, especially inside the red zone. Despite lacking prototypical size, he’s a scrappy blocker who gets after it and can be utilized in an array of ways such as H-back or in the backfield, in addition to tight end; he also long snaps. A former walk-on and Buffaloes team captain, should Russell follow up with a strong pro day workout, he may have done enough this week to play himself into the backend of the 2023 NFL Draft.

Brady Russell at the NFLPA’s Collegiate Bowl:

This week’s Stock Up

One of the more underrated players in this year’s draft, Russell drew lots of attention with interview requests after a solid week of practice. His route-running is crisp, showcasing sharp breaks when getting in and out of his routes. In fact, Russell was extremely difficult to guard during one-on-ones, especially inside the red zone. Despite lacking prototypical size, he’s a scrappy blocker who gets after it and can be utilized in an array of ways such as H-back or in the backfield, in addition to tight end; he also long snaps. A former walk-on and Buffaloes team captain, should Russell follow up with a strong pro day workout, he may have done enough this week to play himself into the backend of the 2023 NFL Draft.
That 70S Show Lol GIF by Laff

The NFL scouting is so clueless. See: Purdy, Brock.

That 70S Show Lol GIF by Laff

The NFL scouting is so clueless. See: Purdy, Brock.
To be honest though how many Brock Purdys are out there?

Wouldn't surprise me at all though if Russell not only makes a team but has a solid career. Never a star but a solid career.

How much better would he have looked with a competent coach and functional offense?

To be honest though how many Brock Purdys are out there?

Wouldn't surprise me at all though if Russell not only makes a team but has a solid career. Never a star but a solid career.

How much better would he have looked with a competent coach and functional offense?
With a competent coach he would have been recruited over. He should be grateful he got as much college PT as he did thanks to awful recruiters.

Hopefully Lang shows well. About the only one who could sniff an NFL roster

Starting next year we are going to have bunches of scouts for pro day instead of just a few.

I've mentioned this before but the Champions Center gives them a unique venue with the IPF and the state of the art athletic training facilities.

Love to see CU sponsor a regional Pro Day/Combine. Have not only the CU players but all of the schools in the region. CSU, AFA (did their pro day today as well,) Wyoming, the New Mexico schools as well as the RMAC schools with a few players from Mines, Pueblo, etc.

I think it would be another chance to show off the facility to coaches, regional media, etc. It would also bring in a much bigger number of pro scouts which is good for CU kids.

Back