What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU players in the NFL

I havent been this excited since Jeremy Bloom scored for the Eagles, Michael Lewis sacked a QB, Charles Johnson scored a TD, and Leonard Renfro has a pre-season sack!
Actually Bloom never scored for the Eagles in the preseason.... This season can't go fast enough... i will just list off the top of my head... Buffs that played for my home team:

Tom Brookshier
Leonard Renfro
Charles Johnson
Koy Detmer
Eric Bieniemy
Michael Lewis
Jeremy Bloom
Davion Taylor
Brady Russel

That is the best I can come up with.

I must have missed it but Mason Crosby is basically going to get cut and signed by a new team soon. Packers drafted a new Kicker this year they are going with

I must have missed it but Mason Crosby is basically going to get cut and signed by a new team soon. Packers drafted a new Kicker this year they are going with
My memory of Mason is that he literally won every game for us that came down to the last minutes. I feel like he didn't miss a single kick if there were 2 mins or less in a game. I don't know if there is a way to research that. I don't think he missed a single extra point his Junior and Senior years.

Mason and Rodgers are tight.

Should the Jets kicker be worried?

Yep. He’s not particularly quick or fast. His route running is average, blocking slightly above. But, he has a huge motor and is country strong. He’ll get his chances.
He is very unlikely to ever be a regular rotation guy in the league but he can do a lot of things, as you mention his motor is what coaches love.

If a guy is good enough to be on the margin of playing in the league a lot of coaches will keep the guy around if his effort and attitude is what they are looking for.

Also people tend to give the NFL too much credit for being analytical in decision making. When it comes to bottom of the roster/practice squad a lot of it comes down to coaches gut feelings and how much they "like" a guy.

Also wouldn't count out Brady getting the benefit of a doubt in at least small part because of who his uncle is.

He’s an effort guy, which will always give him opportunities. His talent is not NFL level.
Most of his testing is slightly above average compared to all tight ends. This narrative he isn't an NFL athlete needs to stop. His 4.69 forty is better than a lot of starting TE's in the league. I agree his change of direction isn't great, but he's a very good athlete.

Glad he made it. A little surprised since he isn’t a great athlete. Always had the heart, toughness, run stopping agility however
Don't think he ever lacked athleticism for the position. His issues were being a little undersized and more importantly staying healthy.

Glad he made it. A little surprised since he isn’t a great athlete. Always had the heart, toughness, run stopping agility however
Don't think he ever lacked athleticism for the position. His issues were being a little undersized and more importantly staying healthy.

I'm going with isn't a great athlete, particularly in pass coverage, but has heart/toughness/run stopping ability.

I'm going with isn't a great athlete, particularly in pass coverage, but has heart/toughness/run stopping ability.
Few inside linebackers are great in pass coverage. At CU he had the athletic ability to run and tackle sideline to sideline and to take on linemen.

Didn't help that in addition to his concussion issues he had multiple leg injuries in his time in Boulder.

Never said great athlete but he was a good enough athlete to be effective at the position.

Back