What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Players of the Game vs CSU

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Obviously it starts with Shedeur Sanders, who gave us an Elway-esque "Drive" to bring the team back from life support at the end of the 4th.
38/47 348 yards, 4 TDs, 1 Int + a nice 15 yd run

Other notable offense:
Xavier Weaver: 9 rec, 98 yards, 1 TD
Michael Harrison: 7 rec, 76 yards, 2 TDs
Jimmy Horn: 7 rec, 66 yards, 1 TD

Safety play:
Shilo Sanders: pick 6, forced fumble & 4 tackles
Trevor Woods: 5 tackles & game clinching INT
Cam'Ron Silmon-Craig: 9 tackles (1 TFL), INT

Other notable defense:

JuJu Mitchell: 15 tackles (1 TFL)
Marvin Ham: 6 tackles (1 TFL), 1 sack
Amari McNeill: 5 tackles (2 TFL), 1 sack
Jordan Domineck: 4 tackles (2 TFL), 1 sack

Also, Derrick McClendon got a fumble recovery.

Last edited:
Shiloh does a good job forcing turnovers but he is a total liability in coverage. I re-watched the game today and Trevor Woods is yelling at Shiloh almost every time we had a busted coverage.
I think we have better safeties on the roster but I doubt we see them supplant Shiloh.

I would put:
Shedeur and Mikey Harrison on offense.
Mitchell and Silmon-Craig on defense.

Harrison is an unexpected godsend. There was a moment after he scored for the second time, Tim Brewster grabbed him by the face mask and said somethings, they hugged right after.

they were made for each other.

I can’t even find a Michael Harrison recruiting thread. Brew has built a legit TE threat that we haven’t had in decades, out of a nobody.

Shiloh does a good job forcing turnovers but he is a total liability in coverage. I re-watched the game today and Trevor Woods is yelling at Shiloh almost every time we had a busted coverage.
I think we have better safeties on the roster but I doubt we see them supplant Shiloh.

I would put:
Shedeur and Mikey Harrison on offense.
Mitchell and Silmon-Craig on defense.
Agree

Watching Harrison kick ass makes me so annoyed with previous coaching staff’s lack of TE emphasis. TEs just put so much pressure on opposing defenses by taking away how they’d prefer to defend, and have such a unique way of slipping through the cracks. Every good TE in college or pros ends up getting these ridiculously wide open catches at times, leaving people dumbfounded at how a defense could let it happen. I remember it seemed like 4 times a week you’d hear “how did they forget to cover Gronkowski!!!”

Harrison is an unexpected godsend. There was a moment after he scored for the second time, Tim Brewster grabbed him by the face mask and said somethings, they hugged right after.

they were made for each other.

I can’t even find a Michael Harrison recruiting thread. Brew has built a legit TE threat that we haven’t had in decades, out of a nobody.

He's a walk on?

Watching Harrison kick ass makes me so annoyed with previous coaching staff’s lack of TE emphasis. TEs just put so much pressure on opposing defenses by taking away how they’d prefer to defend, and have such a unique way of slipping through the cracks. Every good TE in college or pros ends up getting these ridiculously wide open catches at times, leaving people dumbfounded at how a defense could let it happen. I remember it seemed like 4 times a week you’d hear “how did they forget to cover Gronkowski!!!”

To add: TEs are valuable in the red zone (especially in goal to go situations) because the open windows tend to be inside when you spread the defense out.

Last edited:
So many of the defensive problems were ILB responsibilities. I saw them take the wrong gap and get washed so many times. Mitchell will be solid since he’s already looking solid with only 2 weeks on campus.

Really hope Jay and Gant impress as well as getting Slush and Stoutmire back
The big runs by tcu were because of lbs hitting the wrong gap.

The big runs by tcu were because of lbs hitting the wrong gap.
We need Brendan Gamt healthy. With JuJu already performing, our ILB rotation gets strong fast if Gant gets into the mix. Also, I was thinking Demouy Kennedy was going to play a huge role this year and it hasn't happened - hopefully a switch flips there because he has a ton of range.

Also, with Travis out we're going to need Jay & Stoutmire to get healthy and for Cormani to break out.

If you watched the Well Off videos from the Spring and Fall camps, Harrison was one of the guys who made a lot of nice plays. They gave everyone a shot and he thrived. Mentally tough and really nice athleticism.
Didn’t he convert from WR? He plays like one, runs clean routes, and seems to have the frame to get big enough to effectively play in-line eventually. He could end up being a jewel.

Didn’t he convert from WR? He plays like one, runs clean routes, and seems to have the frame to get big enough to effectively play in-line eventually. He could end up being a jewel.
Mostly a tweener. Never saw much of him prior to the spring. Made a bunch of eye-catching plays that elevated his status among the coaches.

Yes. Walk-On special teamer the last couple of years. 6-3 215, not blazing fast, but not slow. In this offense though he is just about perfect for the H position.

I was assured we wouldn’t use a pass-catching TE in the Sean Lewis offense.

I was assured we wouldn’t use a pass-catching TE in the Sean Lewis offense.
To be fair, he hasn't used one in recent history. Pretty sure Harrison has already surpassed TE production for all of last season at Kent st

Back