What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Pro Day Results

CSU lost almost their entire OL from 2013 and I thought that was going to bode extremely well for us in 2014... They proceeded to run all over us. This year, losing Dee Hart, Grayson, Sambrailo, Aaron Davis and their K Jared Roberts seemingly hurts them more. Big transition at arguably their most stable and successful positions.

If they have competent QB play, they will be a solid offensive team.

I wish all of them the best of luck, but I really do not see any of them (except Hendo maybe) getting past a practice squad.
Creer and Christensen? C'mon, can't crack the line-up at CU in our worst years, yet wanted to show scouts?

I hope all of these ex Buffs go on to do great things.

CSU lost almost their entire OL from 2013 and I thought that was going to bode extremely well for us in 2014... They proceeded to run all over us. This year, losing Dee Hart, Grayson, Sambrailo, Aaron Davis and their K Jared Roberts seemingly hurts them more. Big transition at arguably their most stable and successful positions.

And those two are the reason that they had the numbers of scouts there.

Sambrailo is getting mentioned as someong who is going to go pretty high in the draft, Grayson is getting mention as being a second tier QB after the big names and potentially the best of the pure pro style guys. Somebody is going to be investing some significant money in both of them so it makes sense that they are taking a closer look.

As mentioned it's very likely that in the future those numbers will be reversed.

I wish all of them the best of luck, but I really do not see any of them (except Hendo maybe) getting past a practice squad.
Creer and Christensen? C'mon, can't crack the line-up at CU in our worst years, yet wanted to show scouts?

They all use Matt Cassell as motivation :lol:

In all seriousness, though, I agree. I wish them all the best in the rest of their lives but the NFL is not in their futures, save for 1 or 2.

Maybe elaborate on what you mean, then.

When a team returns the talent CSU has at the skill positions and gains back a potential stud TE in Kivon Cartwright, you do not have to put as many expectations on an inexperienced QB.

Agree, not happening.

At the same time at worst it's kind of a cool conversation point, "Hey, I worked out for the NFL scouts."

If I had been given the chance when I was young I would have done it as well, and really impressed them with my +6.0 40 time on blown knees.

not to keep looking in the rear view mirror...but if you look at CU's starting OL in '12...bak [packers] lewis [shot at being all big 10 this year], handler [cowboys rookie camp], harris, nembo and paulay...there was talent. Paulay had the potential to be the best of the lot ..the qb and rb positions have been sub par for a while at CU...webb and wood were definitely not big 12/pac 12 guys...and between the graduation of speedy and the '14 season CU hasn't had a top notch rb - would also love to see CU utilize a TE

Sucks for Henderson. Looks like he drops to undrafted. Same goes for the rest of the group too

When a team returns the talent CSU has at the skill positions and gains back a potential stud TE in Kivon Cartwright, you do not have to put as many expectations on an inexperienced QB.

Grayson was more than competent, though, and along with Dee Hart and Ty Sambrailo anchoring the running game, they are taking a pretty big hit, IMO.

not to keep looking in the rear view mirror...but if you look at CU's starting OL in '12...bak [packers] lewis [shot at being all big 10 this year], handler [cowboys rookie camp], harris, nembo and paulay...there was talent. Paulay had the potential to be the best of the lot ..the qb and rb positions have been sub par for a while at CU...webb and wood were definitely not big 12/pac 12 guys...and between the graduation of speedy and the '14 season CU hasn't had a top notch rb - would also love to see CU utilize a TE

Yeah. Talent has been there. Lack of continuity in offensive systems has hurt. Being forced to play the talented OL too early has also hurt. Good example is Lewis. Grayshirted and then wasn't redshirted because he was pressed into action despite being undersized and played pretty much as a blocking tight end as a freshman.

Grayson was more than competent, though, and along with Dee Hart and Ty Sambrailo anchoring the running game, they are taking a pretty big hit, IMO.
Which is why I said they will be a solid to good offensive team with competent QB. Not necessarily very good as they were last season.

Dat receiver doe. I think Higgins would be welcome on any team in the country.

I'm back! Missed y'all. Tyler showed out yesterday, great workout. I wish Darragh and Will would've kicked for the scouts...proday can be a joke for kickers, but he showed he's an athlete. Darragh and Will will get an opportunity with a team. Most of the scouts don't know what to look for in a kicker/punter. Would like to show the improvements made between season and now, but they will soon. Have a great day CU Buff fans!

Sucks for Henderson. Looks like he drops to undrafted. Same goes for the rest of the group too

That may not be terrible for him.

Saw some things that projected him as going in rounds 6-7. At that point he could end up with less money than the better UFAs get and he wouldn't have his choice of teams.

I see him as a guy who could have a good pro career if he gets into the right system. He doesn't have the kind of athleticism that allows him to play man coverage well but his smarts and technique make him a solid guy in a zone scheme.

They're saying Oregon has ~100 scouts at their pro day and all 32 teams representing. Lol, quite the contrast

They'd be there just for Mariota alone. However, there's a lot of talent beyond that when a team makes the title game.

Back