What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU STUDENTS, do not rush field when we beat eastern washington...

But another thing someone mentioned in a post a couple months ago, is that it seems like players EXPECT fans to do so... That is also part of the problem.

Does anyone know if they rushed the field after Miami(OH)????

I agree in what most of you have said but have to dissent on the 07 NEB game. It really wasn't a full rush. Most of everyone on the field walked on it. It was more a congrats to the team for not being 2-10 and beating NEB. Just my thoughts. Jeff Smart for Butkus in 08.

The%20Rock%20close%20up%20with%20people's%20eyebrow.jpg

Know your role, jabroni.

I hate wrestling but,stone cold and the rock had me rolling.

WHAT?

But another thing someone mentioned in a post a couple months ago, is that it seems like players EXPECT fans to do so... That is also part of the problem.

Does anyone know if they rushed the field after Miami(OH)????

No, they didn't rush after Miami, OH

I can see why they rushed the field against OU, but against us doesn't make much sense other than the rivalry factor, but we weren't good. If we would've beaten USC I can almost guarantee that our field would've been rushed.

I can see why they rushed the field against OU, but against us doesn't make much sense other than the rivalry factor, but we weren't good. If we would've beaten USC I can almost guarantee that our field would've been rushed.

Beating nebraska has always been a big deal but c'mon, they were 5-7.

You think you guys would have rushed vs USC? I've never seen them rush the field at nebraska, maybe all those blue hairs finally got onto the field after they cut away.

Beating nebraska has always been a big deal but c'mon, they were 5-7.

You think you guys would have rushed vs USC? I've never seen them rush the field at nebraska, maybe all those blue hairs finally got onto the field after they cut away.

I've personally seen Nu fans rush the field. In 1992, it was a zoo as husker fans tore down goalposts and taunted CU fans after they beat CU 52-7. I think Nu fans used to rush the field a lot when they beat OU too.

it really doesn't bother me at all if the students are excited and rush the field to celebrate with the team...as long as they don't make a$$e$ of themselves and throw crap onto the field, get ejected and/or taunt visiting fans.

I've personally seen Nu fans rush the field. In 1992, it was a zoo as husker fans tore down goalposts and taunted CU fans after they beat CU 52-7. I think Nu fans used to rush the field a lot when they beat OU too.

Yep. That CU game was the last time that the field was rushed and the goal posts torn down. I just don't see the point of rushing the field unless you're beating a top 5 team and you are a serious underdog. Rivalries are one thing, but watch football the last week of the year. You've got Virg/VaTech, aTm/UT, OU/OSU, UO/OSU, Ariz/ASU, UCLA/USC, etc. You never see those teams rush the field after the game and they are the biggest of rivals. Save it for the really big ones.

Let 'em have their fun.

CUBUFF80 said:
Does not bother me and never will - kids will be kids :gobuffs:

:yeahthat:

I never minded it. I rushed after '01 fuskers, and '02 ISU, and also rushed the court at Coors after CU beat KU in '03. The Okie game in September was such a great win it just wouldn't have been right not to rush the field. Like someone already mentioned, there wasn't so much of a rush of the field for the '07 fusker game, as it was a casual walk.

Edit: It should also be mentioned that CU security does a good job of handling this. They won't let anyone touch the goalposts, and the security is visible but not active until they ask everyone to leave the field. Since they started rushing the field again in '01 I dont' think there have been any incidents.

Last edited:
for CU in '08...

if we beat a top 5 team, rush no matter what.

if we beat a teams 6-10, rush if it's a last second game winning FG/TD.

if we beat NU and they are 5-7 next year, rush the field, since no doubt that will have clinched us a big 12 title game birth and a undefeated regular season.

get it got it good.

Maybe 80,000 rushing the field could have closed some of those hole SC was opening at the LOS.

:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

I cant believe this has gone unnoticed. Great one absinthe. :thumbsup:

I think it would be cool if the students rushed the field after the spring game! Why the hell not, CU would have won that day? It would give the students some practice for the regular season. We could even have some people teaching them the proper technique to scale the fence...IE: The two hands and swing both feet over...or the one foot on top of the rail and jump. Just floating it....

87 what do you think?

I disagreed with the rushing of the field against *ebraska. I don't ever want to feel at home on the grass. I want it to be a rush like I'm trespassing or something. It should only be done on HUGE upsets, big upsets that end in a very exciting way and that is it!

Spring game!!?? I'm all for it!

I'm all for school spirit and having fun but STOP RUSHING THE DAMN FIELD after every victory.In 2006 when fans rushed the field after beating iowa state I almost puked right there.

The OU game was awesome and a good reason to do it but do we have to rush the field beating a 5-7 husker team?

Is it me being 40 and bitter or them?:smile2:

maybe a bit.

Does not bother me and never will - kids will be kids.. :gobuffs:

hear hear!

it really doesn't bother me at all if the students are excited and rush the field to celebrate with the team...as long as they don't make a$$ of themselves and throw crap onto the field, get ejected and/or taunt visiting fans.

:yeahthat:

**** you all, I'm rushing the field and tearing down that north end zone stick after the spring game.

lmao @ pezzy.

Maybe 80,000 rushing the field could have closed some of those hole SC was opening at the LOS.

That's worth a rep, except it wouldn't let me because it told me I need to spread it around more. Oh well, I tried. It's still worthy of a rep! :thumbsup:

Its simple people. Rush the field for championships won and unexpected victories over great odds. The second circumstance should soon disappear in Boulder. Rushing the field should be reserved for the highest of highs for a program, not the whim of history deficient drunk students.

Its simple people. Rush the field for championships won and unexpected victories over great odds. The second circumstance should soon disappear in Boulder. Rushing the field should be reserved for the highest of highs for a program, not the whim of history deficient drunk students.

Can I get an AMEN? That deserves a REP:thumbsup:

I rushed when we beat KJUCO State 64-3 in 1990 to secure the Big 8 Title.

OK, I don't think that was so much of a "rush" as a "hey, let's head out on the field and give the team a pat on the back". I did that too.

I got all you bastids beat. I rushed the field in Lincoln in 1990. One of my ROTC buddies whipped out his package and started pissing on the "N". He was promptly arrested. It was one of the funniest things I've ever seen in my life. :lol:

OK, I don't think that was so much of a "rush" as a "hey, let's head out on the field and give the team a pat on the back". I did that too.

I took my 12 year old brother to that game and he got maced by Boulder PD when we headed towards the goal posts.

I got all you bastids beat. I rushed the field in Lincoln in 1990. One of my ROTC buddies whipped out his package and started pissing on the "N". He was promptly arrested. It was one of the funniest things I've ever seen in my life. :lol:
was he filling balloons, or just helping water the grass?

if you're going to get arrested , that would be a good one to tell the guys in the holding cell.... that's awesome

Back