What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Tweeting Recruiting Road Locations Now

What do you tell a Florida kid to get him to visit CU? I'm wondering how that even works. I'm assuming it's Leavitt leading the effort down there. He clearly has some connections with coaches. Getting in the living room is a great first step, but you have to then get them to visit the campus. I'm not sure how to accomplish that.

My dad was born and raised in South Florida and fell in love with CO the first time he saw it. Getting them out here may be hard, but once they get here I think we can do pretty well.

What do you tell a Florida kid to get him to visit CU? I'm wondering how that even works. I'm assuming it's Leavitt leading the effort down there. He clearly has some connections with coaches. Getting in the living room is a great first step, but you have to then get them to visit the campus. I'm not sure how to accomplish that.

Yeah I'm not sure. I lived in Tampa for a while before high school and it isn't as much that those kids don't want to go out of state it is just trying to convince them Colorado is a good option. Those kids have a lot of choices and CU is about as far fetched as most school they are offered by. No one is denying Colorado is a great place, you hear it over and over in recruiting updates about how beautiful the campus is but that doesn't mean it is as good of an athletic option in their minds as other schools. If it was we would never lose a recruiting battle to Nebraska.

Really? I don't know many people who just absolutely love Florida to the point they couldn't be convinced to check out other options.

Do you mean climate wise?

The strength of the FBS programs in Florida?

The culture in Florida?

What would be the hold up? Because I can easily see why someone might prefer Colorado to Florida humidity and culture. I could just as easily see how someone would prefer beaches and warm weather to snow and high altitude but it's not like it's no contest. Different strokes.

We should just be able to show them a picture of the Flatirons and campus, right?

One way it could go down...

CU has been a mess for so long it is a joke in the west but just off the radar in the east/south. So, you get a recognizable and proven coach to visit, identify kids with wanderlust, show them why CU is about to erupt (investment in facilities, coaches, uniforms,) show them how beautiful a place Boulder is ....... Profit.

We have so much to sell right now. need a marque win this year.

Yeee Haaaw!

Buffalo+gal_185.jpg

Are we recruiting in Vegas or just taking, you know, a break?

There are a couple guys. I'd assume that CU is following up at Desert Pines. They've got a DE and a OG that CU's been recruiting but haven't offered yet.

Colorado is very interesting when you live in Florida. Especially now adaze.

[tweet]601804441767923712[/tweet]

Leavitt making a stop in Utah.

Saratoga Springs (Westlake) has some interesting unrated guys for 2016 and a blue chip for 2017 (Chaz Ah You).

For the 2016 class, the Recruiting Calendar (as referenced in that tweet) has us entering a "Quiet Period" until the end of July. This will be camp and unofficial visit season for being able to see recruits in person. Written and electronic communications continue as normal, but the coaches can't do a living room visit with a recruit during a Quiet Period. Basically, the focus will be on getting guys out to CU camps (or satellite camps where staff members are guest coaches).

Adams & Toyoma tweeting about being in Phoenix. Should see AZ offer(s) this week.

Back