What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU @ Utah Game Thread (11/25, 8PM on FS1)

I figured maybe the 1:30 spot on Pac 12 since all the other games look like national television material.
That's kind of what I was thinking. You have rivalries in all of the match-ups except for ND/Stanford and they will draw a good slot because of ND.

That's kind of what I was thinking. You have rivalries in all of the match-ups except for ND/Stanford and they will draw a good slot because of ND.

Could see our game being a little sexier for TV because it definitely looks like (barring WSU Cougin' it this weekend-which is always possible) that it will be winner goes bowling and loser is home for the holidays. That could make us a little more attractive than the Territorial Cup. How did the Civil War wind up on ESPN.....did they decide they wanted that game in August?

Here in Utah, there fans look st this game as an easy W. I think it comes down to which Utah team shows up. A lot like CU, they have games where you think they have it together, and games where you just shake your head.

I picked Utah so those peckerwoods better win lol. Meant their game this week, not against CU.

Last edited:
Here in Utah, there fans look st this game as an easy W. I think it comes down to which Utah team shows up. A lot like CU, they have games where you think they have it together, and games where you just shake your head.
That’s how upsets happen - we may lose, but we’re not automatic W for a team like Utah. It’s a tossup with slight edge for Utah at home. In Boulder we’d have a slight edge.

USC fans saying the same thing only more strongly.

Neither team (I should say the fans from neither team) bother to check the Buffs out other than superficial W-L and scores against opponents. And some note that PL is doing well. Of course we’re not at risk of dominating, but we’re good enough to be a threat, especially if they dismiss us.

I have no idea why either side would consider this an easy win. Neither team is good and every year is a competitive game.

If we can keep their qb from breaking contain and killing us with his legs, arm too, I think we have a good shot. Hopefully we can force some turnovers, sure would help.

What game has CU played all season which made you think "they have it together"? I think you mean, they've had "drives where you think they have it together" before stalling for the rest of the game and making you shake your head.

If it wasn't for a historically weak OOC schedule, this would be a 3-4 win team this season. This is just not good football being played, the fundamentals are horrible, no consistency, etc

What game has CU played all season which made you think "they have it together"? I think you mean, they've had "drives where you think they have it together" before stalling for the rest of the game and making you shake your head.

If it wasn't for a historically weak OOC schedule, this would be a 3-4 win team this season. This is just not good football being played, the fundamentals are horrible, no consistency, etc
This season has been common.

Would be nice to see a complete game in all phases (including coaching, time mgmt etc.) but not expecting it. What’s HCMM record after byes?

We're on a bye and Utah plays UDub. Advantage CU
Yes, if they are reeling after a UW asskicking maybe we'll have the element of surprise.
And any lingering injuries on the Buffs have the bye week to recover if at all possible. Let's do it. These Buffs deserve a bowl game and it is literally in their hands.
Holding on to the ball would have made all the difference this season.

lq6rwxcovjcynrtnji9a.jpg

The Utes have gone full Louis C.K. Probably an attempt to differentiate themselves from BYU.

For me it's impossible to dislike Utah and impossible not to loathe UCLA. So I have my rival, at least in kind of a light PAC 12 manner.
Really hard to hate Utah. They definitely have some annoying fans and a large presence on Twitter but they are almost like our partner in crime that defends us against the other Pac-12 south schools. And they absolutely hook it up in terms of basketball scheduling, without that 2 game mountain trip we wouldn't have some of the big upsets we do over the last 6 seasons.

Both teams playing for an opportunity to play in a bowl....
CU's biggest problem on D is when they face a running QB.....
Utah has a running QB....
Ugh...

Back