What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU @ Utah Game Thread (11/25, 8PM on FS1)

The fan base here in Utah looks at us as the Gimme on their scedule. They are giving tickets away at $15.00 per seat through all of the youth programs in town.
It makes me angry that CU is looked at as a cellar dweller by a Mountain West team that was the Pacs second or third choice. Please pull off the upset boys! Please!!

I like that they think the game is a walk over. That attitude seeps into the players psyche as well.

friggin' rays of sunshine in here...

101-Animal-House-quotes.gif

Not sure why anyone would be so negative about this one. CU played USC about as close as Utah played Washington. And, unlike them, the Buffs weren't in a 3 hour brawl a week ago. Fresh legs can make a huge difference.

Reactions: SBG
so I see bowl predictions with Utah, and I assume that with a victory, CU would replace them in that spot. Selfishly, one that caught my eye is a bid in the Belk Bowl. East Coast exposure and a doable road trip for me to Charlotte. I am rooting for a win and a bowl trip for these guys.

Huntley does not do well with pressure, but I worry about his feet more. Find a way to stop Huntley and CU wins

so I see bowl predictions with Utah, and I assume that with a victory, CU would replace them in that spot. Selfishly, one that caught my eye is a bid in the Belk Bowl. East Coast exposure and a doable road trip for me to Charlotte. I am rooting for a win and a bowl trip for these guys.

This would be awesome but the Belk Bowl is locked in with an ACC vs. SEC matchup

ACC looks to finish with 9 bowl eligible teams with 1 going to the playoff. They have 9 bowl tie-ins.

Ah ok , didn't realize that. Looking at the ACC standings they currently only have 8 teams who are bowl eligible. Is GT getting an exemption for their cancelled game against UCF?

Ah ok , didn't realize that. Looking at the ACC standings they currently only have 8 teams who are bowl eligible. Is GT getting an exemption for their cancelled game against UCF?
I wasn't as clear as I should have been. I was assuming either GT or Duke become bowl eligible this weekend (but not both) to make 9 teams bowl eligible.

The fan base here in Utah looks at us as the Gimme on their scedule. They are giving tickets away at $15.00 per seat through all of the youth programs in town.
It makes me angry that CU is looked at as a cellar dweller by a Mountain West team that was the Pacs second or third choice. Please pull off the upset boys! Please!!
I still don’t consider Utah a “rival,” they are just another conference game. I assume they view BYU as their true rival, and they probably hate Utah State more than us too. Friend of mine went to BYU and said they hated Utah because they consider them “Jack Mormons.”

Jack Mormons = Mormons who drink Jack Daniels and Cokes and smoke (I didn’t know until he explained it to me).

I consider USC and Oregon to be our rivals. We drew first blood on Oregon with Neu’s BS fake punt in that bowl game. We’ve never given USC even a papercut, but I hate those guys.

Not sure why anyone would be so negative about this one. CU played USC about as close as Utah played Washington. And, unlike them, the Buffs weren't in a 3 hour brawl a week ago. Fresh legs can make a huge difference.
CU is in a very similare position as ASU was a few weeks back - Utah lost a close game on the road against a highly rated team then came home and got rolled. 2 major differences: Utah might bring more intensity (than vs asu) with a bowl on the line, and the Buffs bye week could give us significant benefit.

Could be a blowout either way. Or could be close with either team squeaking by. (Have I covered all bases?)

Last edited:
Back