What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU-Utah moved to Black Friday

Agreed. This might be the most important factor. Colorado would get an extra day to prep for the championship game.

I would love to see the faces of the national pundits, when the CU win against Utah puts us in first place in the South. What would be even better is if we beat Oregon in the head to head. Then the championship game would be coming to Folsom!

I would love to see the faces of the national pundits, when the CU win against Utah puts us in first place in the South. What would be even better is if we beat Oregon in the head to head. Then the championship game would be coming to Folsom!

I like you man, but you crazy.

Short week after a brick game. On the road. Around a holiday. End of 13-week stretch of games.

Nice.

I have heard other coaches say that rule #1 when moving into a new job is to take control of the scheduling. Hopefully after this year, Embree has a strong say about which teams fill out future schedules. Nobody schedules an elite, a BCS, a rival and a bowl team for its non-conference slate.

Short week after a brick game. On the road. Around a holiday. End of 13-week stretch of games.

Nice.

Other teams manage it, we'll manage it too. I'm somewhat ambivalent about it now - I had liked it, because that was a game I'd get to see on tv, but maybe the new contract takes care of that, anyway.

I have heard other coaches say that rule #1 when moving into a new job is to take control of the scheduling. Hopefully after this year, Embree has a strong say about which teams fill out future schedules. Nobody schedules an elite, a BCS, a rival and a bowl team for its non-conference slate.

At least we still have csu..

Other teams manage it, we'll manage it too. I'm somewhat ambivalent about it now - I had liked it, because that was a game I'd get to see on tv, but maybe the new contract takes care of that, anyway.

Very few teams play 13 regular season games with no bye and only five true home games. I understand that it came to be due to a variety of odd circumstances, but it better not repeated going forward.

This sucks. The novelty of the Friday game with the Fuskers wore off about 10 years ago. I see no reason to continue this, especially with a faux rival.

I disagree, I got really used to the game after turkey day. I think it's really fun, and people like to watch football the day after, so with Colorado still being on it will be good that we are on national TV. ALso I think CU/Utah will be reborn in no time. It's just natural.

I like you man, but you crazy.

You guys are crazy, we won't have to win against Utah to be first in the south. This will be a throw away game for us cause we'll be at least 2 games up on everybody not named USC by then. Break out the seniors/freshmen, run only 8 plays and a base vanilla defense so we don't give anything away, and we still win by 20 on national TV. FACT!

I disagree, I got really used to the game after turkey day. I think it's really fun, and people like to watch football the day after, so with Colorado still being on it will be good that we are on national TV. ALso I think CU/Utah will be reborn in no time. It's just natural.

I agree here...the day after Thanksgiving has became a holiday for me and while I was willing to see that go away, I was quite glad we can keep playing on the day after Thanksgiving.

Back