What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU v. Goat Herders...

I glanced at RamNation this morning.... those folks are delusional.

New coach + no WR + weak DL + new QB + weak CBs = beatdown

I'm excited for this game, hopefully the Buffs come out swinging.

Somehow I see MSbuff as 'Walter'. With the scowl and barking at all the neighborhood kids from his front porch.:smile2: And for those who don't know Walter, youtube Jeff Dunham and Walter. Funny stuff.

Hey! I'm "Walter". It's a nice name...and if my child (due in one month) is a boy...we'll name him "Gus". Come to think of it, being Walter isn't easy...

I went over there too....

I hope the Buffs spank them like a redheaded step child.

I am so sick of hearing, the ewes are 1-1 with the buffs for the last two years. While I enjoy watching the goats snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, it's time for a serious beat down.

Watching goat lover deflate on a last second goal line stand or FG is pretty funny though.:lol:

You A-hole, I just wasted an hour of my time looking at that ****. I wish I could see what these idots look like in person.

This game has all the makings of a classic. A classic beat down, that is.

They are seriously asking why they're O is going to be worse and ours is going to be better. Unreal.

If you're so inclined, it's an easy question to answer. They have no Caleb Hanie (answers the first question). We have Darrell Scott (answers the 2nd question).

Even the biggest Hugh Charles homer on the planet has to realize that Scott will be an upgrade at that position. CU's offense has the potential to be freakish. And I mean 40+ points a game type stuff. The combination of a strong running game, an experienced quarterback, huge and talented o-line, and speedy receivers makes this offense sick. It's the defense that scares most of us.

If you're so inclined, it's an easy question to answer. They have no Caleb Hanie (answers the first question). We have Darrell Scott (answers the 2nd question).

Even the biggest Hugh Charles homer on the planet has to realize that Scott will be an upgrade at that position. CU's offense has the potential to be freakish. And I mean 40+ points a game type stuff. The combination of a strong running game, an experienced quarterback, huge and talented o-line, and speedy receivers makes this offense sick. It's the defense that scares most of us.

:yeahthat:

Perfect description.

And it isn't even just Scott, it is the depth and the variety. Polk (unless he is RS??), Sumler, Lockridge, and Scott provide a variety of running styles and options out of the back-field.

Combine this with a Sophmore Cody Hawkins (whose first D1 game was last year against the Rams... a game in which he did very well IMO) and a deep WR Corp and we now have a passing threat (easily setup with PA if need be). On-top of all this we have a big, fast o-line that is brimming with talent. Giving Cody the chance to make the pass (and he generally makes good decisions, so increased pocket time will only help there) and should leave gaping holes for the cadre of RBs.

CSU has nothing to answer this setup. Their D-Line is young and inexperienced, and they have no CBs. Their Safeties are going to have to sit in coverage, allowing our O-Line to have a field day with their D-Line. I admit I know nothing about the Rams LB corp.

For this game, the Buffs match up great as well. Rams have a veteran O-Line and a solid RB. However, they are running it our best position in DT. I also think we are going to be extremely happy with our LB corp.

Their only hope is that this fresh QB comes in and ends up picking apart our secondary, so that seems like a wild card.

I glanced over there again today. Is it just me, or are there more posts about 'UCB' than about CSU?

Recently, CSU has played the Buffs very tight.

I would expect this year to be the same.

I will hope for a Buff rout, but won't expect one.

People from CSU have UCB envy. They initially went/support CSU because they hated Boulder, hippies, liberals, etc., but after being in Ft. Collins/being disappointed every year, they realize how little CSU has to offer. They have nothing to talk about but a hatred for UCB. I went over to lamenation and no talk about others teams they play this year except CU. Secretly, you know they wish they could go back and attend UCB. Plan and simple, like a CSU fan.

**** the rams. I am looking forward to this years beatdown. No excuses from the coaching staff. People are forgetting we beat them last year with a frosh RB named sumler, NOT charles who went out hurt early. This year we are going to beat them with a Frosh RB named Scott....

Yep, the Goats are due to be made into lamb chops. I predict 42-14. Mrs Buffwings is hoping for a shutout, and that DH should run up the score, perhaps 55-0. That would be hilarious. That would shut them up for at least 2 or 3 years.

Last edited:
I'd say they're due for a beat-down

:smile2:
REP!! haha, I definitely looked at that trend and went into my roulette thinking... Red five times in a row? Time to go black baby!

Beatdown time is here. I am usually so scared of this game, but am not this year.

So many variables come into this game this season. new staff in place at LammieU and well they do have a nice looking JV team but desire children of mild nature that way the "fairychild" way is notgoing to be an unseemily descent to there place at the football landscape place at the table of there pecking order status . Best i see there a 88th ranked team plan and simple.

I think it will be a total beat down. I think we'll start off slow getting use to the no huddle offense scheme, but, by the second half, we will wear down their defense and dominate. Our defense will do well I'm predicting. I'm glad that we have two "warm-up" games before playing WVU, that way, we can see if there are any gaps that needed to be addressed. I look for good things this year from the buffs, maybe 9 wins:thumbsup:

Not so sure about 9 wins, but there is no doubt about an a$$kicking this year. CU finally has team speed at most skill positions and that will be the difference. Just like the late 80's thru the first couple of years w/ Skippy. 48-17.

Go Buffs.

Reactions: dio
Not so sure about an ass kicking, even with Sal we needed a comeback to win. I will settle for dominating the game score board would be nice. I will take a solid win

Not so sure about an ass kicking, even with Sal we needed a comeback to win. I will settle for dominating the game score board would be nice. I will take a solid win

The talent disparity in this game will be enormous. CU has more speed, size and experience. The only way CSU keeps it close is to chuck and duck and hope their receivers can catch and run. They won't win with a ball control game. I expect CU's front four to really cause CSU problems. They won't be able to shut down CU's offense, either. This game has all the markings of an old fashioned ass kicking. CU wins going away so long as they don't give up a lot of big plays and take a lot of drive killing/prolonging penalties. Play smart, and CU throttles the goats.

The talent disparity in this game will be enormous. CU has more speed, size and experience. The only way CSU keeps it close is to chuck and duck and hope their receivers can catch and run. They won't win with a ball control game. I expect CU's front four to really cause CSU problems. They won't be able to shut down CU's offense, either. This game has all the markings of an old fashioned ass kicking. CU wins going away so long as they don't give up a lot of big plays and take a lot of drive killing/prolonging penalties. Play smart, and CU throttles the goats.

I hope you are right, I'm ready for a beat down of the goats.....:thumbsup:

sackman...nice take..I agree but to believe our step brothers from the north will just roll over will not happen. They have been told for years they are not repected because they were not welcome at CU. They have attitude and will fight till the end. I HOPE wee kick their A$$, but those have been too few and far between, no matter how the talent level differs

Back