What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU v. Goat Herders...

sackman...nice take..I agree but to believe our step brothers from the north will just roll over will not happen. They have been told for years they are not repected because they were not welcome at CU. They have attitude and will fight till the end. I HOPE wee kick their A$$, but those have been too few and far between, no matter how the talent level differs

I can think of three times in the last 25 years that CSU has had inferior talent and has pulled the upset - 1986, 2000, and 2002. So it can happen, I won't dispute that. But usually, when something like that happens, it's because CU is overlooking them and taking the game for granted. Again, that could happen this year, but given this teams' recent history, I don't see it.

OBTW - you can say "ass" on this board. :thumbsup:

I know that CSU is supposed to have this so called "phsycological" advantage, but I'm just not buying it right now. These game have been too close for so long, and bad blood has built up between the programs, and fans. Some of the major players may have moved on, but that sentiment trickles from upper classman and coaches down. These guys aren't isolated, they hear the chirping as much as we do. I think the Buffs want to beat the Rams just as bad, because regardless of national meaning, it is a backyard statement. My call on this game is Buffs win easy, maybe not blow out, but at least 35-17 type game. After a few blowout wins and a renewed gulf of talent between programs, then the rammies can have their "no respect":wow: edge back.:wink2:

I know that CSU is supposed to have this so called "phsycological" advantage, but I'm just not buying it right now. These game have been too close for so long, and bad blood has built up between the programs, and fans. Some of the major players may have moved on, but that sentiment trickles from upper classman and coaches down. These guys aren't isolated, they hear the chirping as much as we do. I think the Buffs want to beat the Rams just as bad, because regardless of national meaning, it is a backyard statement. My call on this game is Buffs win easy, maybe not blow out, but at least 35-17 type game. After a few blowout wins and a renewed gulf of talent between programs, then the rammies can have their "no respect":wow: edge back.:wink2:

Good post. But the only thing i disagree on is when you say bad blood with the coaches and players. I don't agree with that. It was true when GB was here. But i don't think i've heard Hawkins say a single bad thing about CSU's program. Not that i remember. I think the rivalry has been reduced to just the fans. jmho.

Good post. But the only thing i disagree on is when you say bad blood with the coaches and players. I don't agree with that. It was true when GB was here. But i don't think i've heard Hawkins say a single bad thing about CSU's program. Not that i remember. I think the rivalry has been reduced to just the fans. jmho.

We are gonna go out there.... and unleash hell.

Everyone will be nice and boozed up for the event. I'm looking foward to the drunken fights that will no doubt be happening. Wacky students. :lol:

I dont fight, although I almost did when a girl from CSU kicked my freshman sister in the face last year. Man that was ****ing tough to resist.

Uh, I dunno. I've heard that some of the lammie players feel slighted because they were'nt recruited by CU, and that they enter the game with a chip on their shoulders. I've also heard that some of the CU players (mostly out-of-staters) are surprised by the level of intensity in this game. I think there's more to it than meets the eye (or press, or message boards).

I agree that Hawk and the coaching staff are not negative on the Rams, but you can bet that recent graduates and upperclassmen as well as some of the assistant coaches with deep ties to this program are very aware of what is at stake. I am sure that they share that with the younger players and it has a trickle down effect. The really intense days aren't THAT far gone. Bad blood may have been too strong a term, maybe better described as heightened intensity.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
I can think of three times in the last 25 years that CSU has had inferior talent and has pulled the upset - 1986, 2000, and 2002. So it can happen, I won't dispute that. But usually, when something like that happens, it's because CU is overlooking them and taking the game for granted. Again, that could happen this year, but given this teams' recent history, I don't see it.

OBTW - you can say "ass" on this board. :thumbsup:

Thank you....I am by no means talking an upset, WE WILL WIN...I just look at the rest of the schedule and don't see the Rams as our biggest worry on it. Also, when that happens they always find a way to keep it close. I want a huge ASS kicking as much as the next, I just not to sure it will happen. However, WE WILL WIN:thumbsup:

FIFY. Remember, we are CU fans.

Now now where are those nails?
:confused:
You are right. CU fans don't waste beer. How about smirnoff ice? A cup of smirnoff ice to the face would probably burn more. I like it!

Haven't we already determined that Sperry will most likely not play against us due to some obscure rule about not playing the same team more than 4 times? I don't have any cites, I just seem to remember a conversation about this at one point.

Sperry will be playing the full season. Ran into him a few months ago and he told me he is 100%. Most of the Rams I've talked with seem to like the new coaches but I would put big money on CU to win it this season. It'll take a couple of years befoe CSU starts playing as a team again.

how do you mean? i don't see why it would take years for them to "play as a team"?

The players that are there now are loyal to Sonny. The way he "retired" has caused quite a split in the team, the program, and the university. It's hard for a first year coach to come in and have the type of chemistry you need to win, especially with a team that has subpar talent. They are going to have to buy into a whole new system with a lot of new faces and the fact that they are facing their in-state rival their first game spells disaster for the rammies.

The players that are there now are loyal to Sonny. The way he "retired" has caused quite a split in the team, the program, and the university. It's hard for a first year coach to come in and have the type of chemistry you need to win, especially with a team that has subpar talent. They are going to have to buy into a whole new system with a lot of new faces and the fact that they are facing their in-state rival their first game spells disaster for the rammies.

That story is much too familiar. It could be a tough year up north.

That story is much too familiar. It could be a tough year up north.
Not sure why anyone gets fired up about CSU. Some of my best friends went there. They are not a threat to us. Fort Collins is not a bad place....

We should focus our angst on the Fuskers, the Horns, and OU. Who gives a rats ass about the lammies (unless they beat us)?

Not sure why anyone gets fired up about CSU. Some of my best friends went there. They are not a threat to us. Fort Collins is not a bad place....

We should focus our angst on the Fuskers, the Horns, and OU. Who gives a rats ass about the lammies (unless they beat us)?

On any given Saturday, anything can happen. I know Hawk won't bring our boys in overconfident. If we are. we are in a world of trouble.

On any given Saturday, anything can happen. I know Hawk won't bring our boys in overconfident. If we are. we are in a world of trouble.
Agreed.....hopefully, we will not be looking ahead toward WF or UT......I think we blow them out of the water. But again, they are also Colorado folks....I will take them over most of these Big 12 d-bags any day.....

DallasBuff, just an honest question. When did you last live here? I ask this because if you have been to a CU-CSU game any time over the last decade, or just lived around here after the lammies won, you would understand. CSU fans have screamed obscenities in my face more times than any other team combined by far. The vitriol is absolutely astounding. I agree that they are nothing in the big scheme of things, but until we start winning against them easily and getting their fans to crawl back into the woodwork they will be a thorn in our side. As I've posted before, I used to like the rams ok, and had some good times up in Ft fun with friends who went up there, but after the way they have acted towards CU, they are now my 2nd least favorite team behind NU.

Last edited:
DallasBuff, just an honest question. When did you last live here? I ask this because if you have been to a CU-CSU game any time over the last year, or just lived around here after the lammies won, you would understand. CSU fans have screamed obscenities in my face more times than any other team combined by far. The vitriol is absolutely astounding. I agree that they are nothing in the big scheme of things, but until we start winning against them easily and getting their fans to crawl back into the woodwork they will be a thorn in our side. As I've posted before, I used to like the rams ok, and had some good times up in Ft fun with friends who went up there, but after they way they have acted towards CU, they are now my 2nd least favorite team behind NU.
Moved to New Orleans in 1990...so, I am completely out of the loop....

ahhhh so you did not get to experience the rise of the lambs. May I never have to deal with one of their victories again. No "good game" to be heard from those fans.

ahhhh so you did not get to experience the rise of the lambs. May I never have to deal with one of their victories again. No "good game" to be heard from those fans.

Yeah, bud. I came back in 2005 after a 10 year hiatus, and saw a very close game and then 2006 happened and the little bastards from Lammie U thought they were the second coming of Notre Dame and they were going to win 10 MNC in a row. They were down right obnoxious and took the rivalry to a new level. Not so much the team or Lubejob, but the fans themselves. They were nasty to me and my family ( I had a 2 yr old and a 6 yr with me).

I started at CSewe as a freshman so I use to root for them besides the the CU game ofcourse, but now I just want them beat down for about 3 straight years; an 0-36 record would be great.

I say F*** em all, this year and every year.

Last edited:

i figured that's what you meant. i guess i was assuming that bringing Fairchild back might alleviate that sort of stuff. but, i guess that was naive on my part since no current Ram ever played for Fairchild.

thanks for the response.

Back