What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU versus New Mexico in Las Vegas - Game Thread

I've about had it with the Boyle regime. This team looks like total ****.

Awfully early to be chucking in the towel....especially for you (who was still supporting Hawk until what, last week?)

Awfully early to be chucking in the towel....especially for you (who was still supporting Hawk until what, last week?)

I learned my lesson. I have no patience anymore. We have two of the best players in the Big XII. Our talent will get no better than this. I'm just sick of us being horrible at every sport. This team looks like it has no clue out there.

But we are only down by six! I could change my opinion, just if.............

But but but but but but New Mexico is a good team. **** that excuse. I'm tired of this ****. New Mexico is not a great team.

We ****ing suck. Again. ****.

Cory Higgins was MIA, Nate Tomilinson is not a Big XII capable guard, the best player on the floor is Burks and the second best might just be Roberson, who is Boyle's first recruit...lets not say that this is the best team we will ever have, because 2 players as your offense is not enough to produce in big time college basketball.

Boyle is over his ****ing head. Another 5 years of misery coming up. **** basketball. Fire Bohn. Another bone headed hire.

Boyle is over his ****ing head. Another 5 years of misery coming up. **** basketball. Fire Bohn. Another bone headed hire.
I'm not ready to say he's already failed, I just don't believe this is a throwaway season. He has the tools to have a winning season. Let's see if he is the coach everyone said he was.

It's fair to expect a winning season from Tad.

I understand the frustration but give Tad a year or two two start building something. Tad took over a team that had Burks, Higgins and nothing else of D1 quality. He has turned Levi into a reasonable supporting player which he wasn't the past three years and is getting something out of DuFault which again is more than we saw before. Robertson looks like the best forward recruit we have had in a long time, shoots, rebounds, passes, plays defense, kids a talent.

Next year we lose Burks and Higgins as well as Levi but we have three quality recruits coming in from Cali. Get Harris-Tunks back and we actually have some legit muscle inside. Right now this team looks like a D2 squad in the paint and is getting killed inside. Mills looks like he has some athletic ability but he is a feather inside, gets pushed around by the draft from the arena ventalation system, lets see what happens to him with a year on the weights, if he can get up to 240 (from 215) it will make a major difference.

This program has been bad and was bad when Tad took over. He has made some significant progress but you don't fix it overnight. I give him this year as a mulligan, especially with his only legit inside player hurt. I don't have expectations as far as win-loss. I do expect to see them play hard and improve and that I am seeing. They aren't quiting, they are just getting beat by better teams.

I understand the frustration but give Tad a year or two two start building something. Tad took over a team that had Burks, Higgins and nothing else of D1 quality. He has turned Levi into a reasonable supporting player which he wasn't the past three years and is getting something out of DuFault which again is more than we saw before. Robertson looks like the best forward recruit we have had in a long time, shoots, rebounds, passes, plays defense, kids a talent.

Next year we lose Burks and Higgins as well as Levi but we have three quality recruits coming in from Cali. Get Harris-Tunks back and we actually have some legit muscle inside. Right now this team looks like a D2 squad in the paint and is getting killed inside. Mills looks like he has some athletic ability but he is a feather inside, gets pushed around by the draft from the arena ventalation system, lets see what happens to him with a year on the weights, if he can get up to 240 (from 215) it will make a major difference.

This program has been bad and was bad when Tad took over. He has made some significant progress but you don't fix it overnight. I give him this year as a mulligan, especially with his only legit inside player hurt. I don't have expectations as far as win-loss. I do expect to see them play hard and improve and that I am seeing. They aren't quiting, they are just getting beat by better teams.

He needs some 'legit" inside players 6-10 or so. Do you think tunks is a legit player like others around the country?

I just don't agree with this. Everyone was talking NCAA Tourney as a possibility when Tad came in. A little too optimistic? Yup, but this team has the talent to turn in a winning season at the end of the year. Did Bz turn this program around? No, but it wasn't as bad as it was when Jeff took the job.

Tad has some decent tools to use on this squad. When you don't get anything out of your best(arguable) player, then people will naturally look to the head coach. Higgins has proven that he has the talent to be a AllB12 selection, so what is going on? Is this all on Higgins? Or is it on Tad?

Last edited:
I knew this team would amount to nothing when I saw them at that USF game. They played like ****, but were still given chance after chance to win that game and didn't do it. It's not advisable to judge teams on one game, but I think I pegged them pretty well that night. This team can beat really crappy teams anywhere, decent teams at home, and good teams never.

He needs some 'legit" inside players 6-10 or so. Do you think tunks is a legit player like others around the country?

I think that for most teams that finish in the upper half of a major conference Tunks would be at best a role player off the bench. That stated he was the only player we had on the roster who had the physical ability to compete, even at a disadvantage, against the inside players we have already seen dominate the Buffs on the inside. Against better competition it will only get worse.

Idealy he finds a couple of guys who are 6'10'' or bigger and can play inside. At this point even having a couple of guys who are 6'7" or 6'8" and have the strength not to get pushed around would be a major improvement.

I just don't agree with this. Everyone was talking NCAA Tourney as a possibility when Tad came in. A little too optimistic? Yup, but this team has the talent to turn in a winning season at the end of the year. Did Bz turn this program around? No, but it wasn't as bad as it was when Jeff took the job.

Tad has some decent tools to use on this squad. When you don't get anything out of your best(arguable) player, then people will naturally look to the head coach. Higgins has proven that he has the talent to be a AllB12 selection, so what is going on? Is this all on Higgins? Or is it on Tad?

People thinking tourney for this team were delusional. Buzz left a better team than he found in that the team knew how to work and was developing some decent fundamentals. That said he also left a team with exactly two players who were Big XII quality players and the rest of the roster was a group of role players at best, D2 guys at worst. Add a couple of injuries to guys you were counting on playing major minutes and you aren't left with much. Tad has made this team better, Robertson is a year and 15lbs away from being a quality player, Mills has potential, the most promising recruiting class signed we have had in years. (Remeber that Burks was not that highly touted and the rest of his class was meh!)

Will Tad get it done, I hope so and think so but can't guarantee it. I do know that nobody was going to come in this year and make this team a big winner, especially losing Harris-Tunks at the outset.

Its fair to expect a winning season but not fair to give him the situation w/Harris-Tunks. It's pretty obvious what the REAL issue is with this team and that's inside play. Plus I'm not sure that Higgins and Burks have a quality relationship. There is certainly some closed doors there, some strain.

I would demand that Roberson and Mills get BIG immediately. They both do you NO good where they're at in terms of weight.

The scary part of all of this is that CU will lose Higgins and Burks after this season. IMO, although Burks is a good collegiate offensive player, he's no where near good enough -yet- to be any kind of factor at the NBA level. If anything, he's got a PRO career overseas and I can guarantee that's NOW what's blowing his ego up right now. Someone needs to get through to him and get him to understand that too many good college players end up going that route when they would have benefited from ONE more year in school. Perhaps an NBA lockout scare could keep him in college one more year. That'd be nice but likely wishful thinking. We'll see.

CU MUST get bigger, and they need a legit PF, and they can't rely on a incoming frosh (Caine) to try and be that player. I understand that Roberson -because of his rebounding and shot blocking ability, etc., would have everyone thinking that he is, but he still has the athleticism and mentality, for the most part, of a wing. He doesn't have the patience to pound the middle. He likes to do his damage by moving from the outside, almost swooping in.

I'd like to see a healthy HT next season, and I'd like to see Roberson at at least 210 or so. Mills won't be a factor until he can get a good 20 lbs. at least, on that frame of his.

This is to be expected especially once HT went down. CU has a shot against IU tomorrow (they've not beaten any quality teams) and will likely win their last three non-conf games before Mizzou ... so they'll likely be (I'll give them that "FINALLY" win tomorrow because I think they can beat IU) 11-4 non conf and then probably 5 or 6 wins in conference. Then they'll play a high seed in the Big 12 tournament and probably lose.

16-16 may (May!) get you an NIT sniff. So were on to next season, once again.

Why is that when CU has great players at ONE or TWO positions, they'res always HUGE holes at other positions? They can't ever seem to field a good solid deep team.

I knew this team would amount to nothing when I saw them at that USF game. They played like ****, but were still given chance after chance to win that game and didn't do it. It's not advisable to judge teams on one game, but I think I pegged them pretty well that night. This team can beat really crappy teams anywhere, decent teams at home, and good teams never.

And I'm not convinced that they "can beat really crappy teams anywhere". I don't know how you do it other than get a mega chip on your shoulder and go out on the road and get it done. But this entire program needs ass beatings until they can get it done.

Perhaps you revert back to some RP tactics and treat these kids like dogs. Make em sleep in the Events Center, take away some basic privileges until they can finally turn that corner. :)

Seriously though, I don't know how or when it will ever change. It kind of "is what it is" at this point.

Back