What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU vs. Cal - Oct 15th Pregame Thread

If we don't get a win on a Saturday, it's going to be really hard for CU to win the South.
This Is True GIF by CBC

Ah, so refreshing to hear we can trust the process and it’s been a good week and a half of practice. Definitely feeling more confident about our chances as we’ve never heard that before.

On a serious note, I do appreciate him putting the emphasis on the coaches focusing on supporting the players vs the coach blaming the players for the coaching staff ineptitude.

Why would you be impressed with Sanford given his track record of being a bad HC & a bad OC?
The 1st time I heard him speak, I was impressed by his ability to speak. yea, never have I been impressed by his coaching. Now that I listened to all that coach speak, I am not impressed by him in any way.

The 1st time I heard him speak, I was impressed by his ability to speak. yea, never have I been impressed by his coaching. Now that I listened to all that coach speak, I am not impressed by him in any way.
We’re at the point in our fandom where we will turn on a coach before he’s even coached his first game. That alone should make us a good cultural fit for the SEC.

I don't think Sanford is a bad coach. I think he got promoted too much, too soon in his career. He's still only 40 years old. He's just starting to enter his professional prime years. The best thing he could do is stay somewhere as OC under the right HC mentor for about 5 years.

Dude says "process" way the **** to much

Full of coach speak and not as impressed by him now

He's been what this team has needed. Energy. Seems to have a better idea for what it takes to run a major college football program. Gets social media. Really intrigued to watch this weekend after what I heard from Brian and Adam. He's letting media watch practice. They said in their preview that the defense is playing faster.

Let's see what this team does under him.

Last edited:
He's been what this team has needed. Energy. Seems to have a better idea for what it takes to run a major college football program. Gets social media. Really intrigued to watch this weekend after what I heard from Brian and Adam. He's letting media watch practice. They said in their preview that the defense is playing faster.

Let's see what this team does under him.
I refuse to have any expectations for the Cal game, but assuming our internet finally gets going that morning, I’ll watch with clinical curiosity to see what happens while unpacking boxes. Then more boxes. And so on.

Then breaking down even more boxes for everyone as I appear to be the only one in the house that knows how to do that.

I never knew that was a highly trained skill. Go figure.

I refuse to have any expectations for the Cal game, but assuming our internet finally gets going that morning, I’ll watch with clinical curiosity to see what happens while unpacking boxes. Then more boxes. And so on.

Then breaking down even more boxes for everyone as I appear to be the only one in the house that knows how to do that.

Ill watch it while I study. If the team looks functional, i'll probably get oregon or utah tickets just to get back up there for a game.

I miss Folsom.

Last edited:
I don't think Sanford is a bad coach. I think he got promoted too much, too soon in his career. He's still only 40 years old. He's just starting to enter his professional prime years. The best thing he could do is stay somewhere as OC under the right HC mentor for about 5 years.
These aren't heart surgeons, or even chess grandmasters. There are relatively few rules and variations in football. It's a simple game. The notion that the student must stay at Socrates side for 5 or more years is, to me anyway, truly ridiculous.

There is no mention of the game on the BDC's computer 1st page.

These aren't heart surgeons, or even chess grandmasters. There are relatively few rules and variations in football. It's a simple game. The notion that the student must stay at Socrates side for 5 or more years is, to me anyway, truly ridiculous.

Are you arguing that coaches don't get better at their jobs as they gain experience?

Your recent takes on CU and football in general are certainly something

While there are a lot of ways to be successful as a coach, being successful is extremely difficult.

It is an art form that requires experience and mentoring.

You are WAY off here.

Can I interest you in some pillow talk?

We have a game this weekend?
Someone I work with told me he knew a bunch of people flying up to Boulder for the game this weekend. I asked, “what game are they going to? Pretty sure CU is away this weekend.” Then I looked it up and felt stupid. That’s where I’m at this year.

It's a beautiful day! I just took the dog for a walk (not a euphemism) through the student section of The Hill. It's family weekend and it's pretty nuts out there. It kind of made me sad that I'm taking the season off from football. I can't imagine a more perfect day for it.

Back