What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU vs. Cal - Oct 15th Pregame Thread

How many games have we had this year, even this decade when we didn't even have 15,000-20,000 fans left in the stadium at the end of the game.

Storming the field after beating Cal isn't a great look but who cares.

The fans had fun, the student section was there and had fun.

Those people who were on the field today are the one the program wants, needs, to be buying tickets 10 years from now.

The gray hairs (and I am one,) and the blue hairs who would sit back and say "In my day we didn't storm the field unless the game was on national TV against a ranked opponent." are not the future of this program.

As a program we are in a bad place but if it is going to get turned around for the future that future is not the fans who sat in their stadium seats and shook their heads, it is the fans who were on the field enjoying themselves and making positive memories.

For all the mother ****ers whining about rushing the field, go **** yourselves. There is a massive pent-up demand for CU to be relevant again. If that means we rush the field for a victory against the lowly Bears, who cares. At least we have a ****ing fan base who wants us to be good again. I wish I would have been there to rush the field.

How many games have we had this year, even this decade when we didn't even have 15,000-20,000 fans left in the stadium at the end of the game.

Storming the field after beating Cal isn't a great look but who cares.

The fans had fun, the student section was there and had fun.

Those people who were on the field today are the one the program wants, needs, to be buying tickets 10 years from now.

The gray hairs (and I am one,) and the blue hairs who would sit back and say "In my day we didn't storm the field unless the game was on national TV against a ranked opponent." are not the future of this program.

As a program we are in a bad place but if it is going to get turned around for the future that future is not the fans who sat in their stadium seats and shook their heads, it is the fans who were on the field enjoying themselves and making positive memories.
At a minimum, it's a great look for potential incoming recruits. Pair the crowd energy with a great coaching staff (and fix the portal problems), then we just might have something. Those are big "ifs", but it can be done. I like the message it sends at this very low point of the program.

GIF by CBS

Great to get a win! Go Buffs!

did our freshman QB McCown get injured? Wondering why Shrout went in the game?

It was a TD and video proved it
Exactly. There was a clear frame of ball in hands, foot down. They can shuttle through each frame, magnified view on high def monitors, 1/30th of second at a time (at least). Only needs to be in his hands with foot still on the ground for one frame. Clearly, that’s what they saw, too.

Greatest thing MLC did was squeeze that ball the moment he touched it, knowing he was going to land flat on his back, hard. There was no shift in that ball all the way through the ground. So impressive. That is PURE WANT TO.

Last edited:
For all the mother ****ers whining about rushing the field, go **** yourselves. There is a massive pent-up demand for CU to be relevant again. If that means we rush the field for a victory against the lowly Bears, who cares. At least we have a ****ing fan base who wants us to be good again. I wish I would have been there to rush the field.
I will say that storming the field to me is awesome and shows that we’re all really ready to get behind a winning CU football program. While we can all celebrate, I hope that those in charge at CU- whoever is going to make this hire!- know that it’s essential to get this next HC hire right. Do it right and next time we see them storming the field will be for a major win over a major opponent. Go buffs!

Back