What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU vs [REDACTED]- GAME THREAD

I dont think we want Oregon to win.
That would put Oregon in the NY6 and CU would fall to 4th after USC and Washington.
Yeah, Washington is using Covid as a reason why they can’t be ready for Independence Bowl. Oregon winning would put UW in Armed Forces and us in Indy most likely.

How can a one loss CU drop behind Wash?
Washington is also 1 loss and considered division champ. They have also said they can’t be ready on time for Independence Bowl, and Lake said he prefers Alamo or Armed Forces (no ****ing **** Jimmy). CU would for sure get screwed again.

Washington is also 1 loss and considered division champ. They have also said they can’t be ready on time for Independence Bowl, and Lake said he prefers Alamo or Armed Forces (no ****ing **** Jimmy). CU would for sure get screwed again.
I was thinking 4-1 versus 3-1, but if only conference games count, then I guess tie breaker stuff comes into play.

What is completely baffling is everyone in the CFB universe knows what a horrendous job Scott is doing, so why the hell haven't the university president's fired him yet? Are they waiting to see how low this conference can go or what?
He has a “no trade” clause.

That mother****ing little driveling coward.

How many other Pac 12 teams scheduled a non-conference opponent this season? We did.

We were originally scheduled to play Oregon. Then were told that we needed to be backup for the conference championship, while the rest of the conference played.

And we should have also arranged a game with CSU? So it's our fault that three conference games have been cancelled on us, through no fault of our own, and we're not playing a conference game this weekend?

After cancelling our game, and telling us we're on standby: "They shoulda scheduled a team from another conference..." What an asshole.

Nope. No reason to unload in public. If he wants Larry gone thats done behind closed doors with other Presidents of other PAC 12 Universities
This needs to happen. All you have to do is go on any other Pac12 board and this is one thing every fan base in the conference agrees upon. Every single fan base is talking about which conference they should bolt for -- answer is easy, eliminate the source of everyone's angst. This should have been done a while back, but there is enough information available now to get rid of this F'n clown.

A pac 12 schism would not be good for us.
At the risk of taking this in a really weird, nothing-to-do-with-football direction, Luther wasn’t interested in a split from the Roman Catholic Church, either. He wanted changes in the way things were done. Just like we would like to see some changes. The reference on Wilners part is really quite brilliant.

At the risk of taking this in a really weird, nothing-to-do-with-football direction, Luther wasn’t interested in a split from the Roman Catholic Church, either. He wanted changes in the way things were done. Just like we would like to see some changes. The reference on Wilners part is really quite brilliant.
Not like there is a game to stay on topic for. I think Larry Scott and the Pac 12 presidents are great at filling in the role of the clueless, corrupt, and stupid leadership of the Catholic church in this analogy.

So, Larry wanted the Buffs to prepare for Oregon and USC just in case they needed to be a fill in, send all of our game day equipment 650 miles to St. George, UT, and, at the same time, prepare (equipment staff and team) for a home game against an in state rival? That sounds like a good way to unprepared for any of the games. I completely understand why the team decided not to play an out of conference game this week.

Last edited:
Not like there is a game to stay on topic for. I think Larry Scott and the Pac 12 presidents are great at filling in the role of the clueless, corrupt, and stupid leadership of the Catholic church in this analogy.
And that’s why the reference is so brilliant. Throw in the whole idolatry and indulgences angle and it really hits home. And likely went over just about everybody’s head at the P12 offices. If they even bothered to read it.

Nope. No reason to unload in public. If he wants Larry gone thats done behind closed doors with other Presidents of other PAC 12 Universities
This is not about firing Larry. Never suggests he does that.

I do think he should make comments on CCG and, if necessary, conference bowl placements.

I don't think the Pac 12 needs to do anything on our behalf. Washington football found 14 more positives than last week. I like to think this is pretty logical, but tell me if you guys think I'm wrong. The bowl matchups are out Sunday. Given that, wouldn't you rather pick Colorado and feel somewhat confident you're having a game if you're the Alamo?

The Armed Forces might be a better fit for UW because they get the two extra days-if memory serves that game is New Year's Eve.

Yep, a silent knife in the back beats an announced kick in the nuts in this situation. RG and DiStefano should be quietly building a coalition to oust Larry and install a better alternative--the **** that's been done to CU football team by the league is only one data point to support their argument.

I am still thinking Oregon declines if they lose tomorrow night.
God you would think with that young team they have a couple weeks or practice and another game could really help them next year but I see where you are coming from.

God you would think with that young team they have a couple weeks or practice and another game could really help them next year but I see where you are coming from.

The practices are not really the same this year. The Independence Bowl is a week from Saturday.

Back