What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU vs Utah 12/12 10:00 AM Fox BIG NOON SATURDAY - GAME THREAD

Nate is a beast but top 3?

Williams, beikert,McGhee, brown, dizon, russell sykes etc...
Landman is easily better than dizon and sykes. Dizon was awesome, but didn't have the size. Sykes was also great, be wasn't there on every play of every drive.

I'd say he was as good as the other 3, and we can see that landman isn't surrounded my the same level of talent.

My take: We conceded the running game right from the start. I trust the KD had his reasons, but it looked like a major mistake in retrospect. J Brew looked good when he got his touches even with Utah's run D, but he needed to be fed much more. Dictate the game flow, keep Utah off the field. Instead we relied on a high risk high reward passing game. This led to some great plays, but the lack of any commitment to the run made it a higher risk with a QB who has a lot of INTs. And this was not the time to roll out a passing game.

Landman probably played his last game as a Buff. I hope an NFL team will roll the dice on him. I didn't see what happened, but maybe ice was involved? If we established the run and kept Utah off the field maybe there was a slight chance of still winning without him. Now we need another difference maker to arrive. Alfano?

National media obsessed with B Rice. Really playing up his father. I seem to remember that this could be a core spot for him. I hope they stop.

We will not play UW or Oregon. UW won't play due to Covid. Oregon plays USC regardless of UCLA game. We get OSU unless Pac 12 wants a Stanford rematch, which sounds like a bad idea. We need to beat OSU!

I had to go to an event from the 3rd qtr on, then just caught up.

my thoughts are:

Landman is one of the top 3 ILB of all time at CU!!!
Rice and Lavontae must be on the field
Brou looked good, but also looked exhausted
Clayton must earn 1b status
We could have really used Fontenot
Why can’t we use Guy Thomas at ILB?
I hate Utah and every team in red
Utah had ZERO penalties! PAC12 Refs suck, and I saw plenty of holds, hands to the face, and blocks in the back on kick returns. Bullllshyte
Still a good season, despite tough finish
Go Buffs

You think a player like Rice wants to play second fiddle to a midget who won't block?

KD had been passed over, yet chiv won't see it. He doesn't run good routes inside, and if he doesn't get open deep, he quits on routes.

KD should have gone pro last year - he wouldn't have made a team, but at least we wouldn't be forcing him into the field.
Rice is going to be here and along with Shenault will be potent the next 2-3 years
Calm down
KD has 2 more games

You think a player like Rice wants to play second fiddle to a midget who won't block?

KD had been passed over, yet chiv won't see it. He doesn't run good routes inside, and if he doesn't get open deep, he quits on routes.

KD should have gone pro last year - he wouldn't have made a team, but at least we wouldn't be forcing him into the field.
Rice is not losing snaps to KD and he accounted for 14 of our 21 points as a true freshman. He’s playing a ton and is a main contributor.

My take: We conceded the running game right from the start. I trust the KD had his reasons, but it looked like a major mistake in retrospect. J Brew looked good when he got his touches even with Utah's run D, but he needed to be fed much more. Dictate the game flow, keep Utah off the field. Instead we relied on a high risk high reward passing game. This led to some great plays, but the lack of any commitment to the run made it a higher risk with a QB who has a lot of INTs. And this was not the time to roll out a passing game.

Landman probably played his last game as a Buff. I hope an NFL team will roll the dice on him. I didn't see what happened, but maybe ice was involved? If we established the run and kept Utah off the field maybe there was a slight chance of still winning without him. Now we need another difference maker to arrive. Alfano?

National media obsessed with B Rice. Really playing up his father. I seem to remember that this could be a core spot for him. I hope they stop.

We will not play UW or Oregon. UW won't play due to Covid. Oregon plays USC regardless of UCLA game. We get OSU unless Pac 12 wants a Stanford rematch, which sounds like a bad idea. We need to beat OSU!

I think this is a really good post. This was a weird gameplan. Needed to establish the run-and this was good opportunity to get both Clayton and Mangham involved. Speaking of which, I don't understand the need to keep involving Joe Davis in this offense. I'd hesitate if you asked me if I thought Davis was a Big Sky caliber back-much less one who could play in this league.

Agree with you on Landman-and one take on the field overall......I didn't think the grounds crew did a very good job today. Looked like there was a fair amount of ice on the field still.

I'm not gonna speculate on who the opponent for next week will be or where-I have no idea how that will play out.

Did we even run a jet sweep or reverse? slick fields are the offensive advantage, easier to make your cut while on D harder to react.

Did we even run a jet sweep or reverse? slick fields are the offensive advantage, easier to make your cut while on D harder to react.
That’s exactly why you don’t go east west in those conditions. Defense just comes down hill to stop that while offense has to make decisive cut to turn up field. Urban Meyer talked about it at half. Offense needs to stay vertical in those conditions.

That’s exactly why you don’t go east west in those conditions. Defense just comes down hill to stop that while offense has to make decisive cut to turn up field. Urban Meyer talked about it at half. Offense needs to stay vertical in those conditions.
I was just thinking a few plays to try and keep the D honest... They were already crashing down on us

wasn't utah the team that came out couple years ago during warm-ups without shirts in the snow and got in our heads? wonder if that was going on again

Wish we beat those Utes but let's not lose sight of what CU achieved this shortened season. CU is a running team again and that is what CU football is about. I know ahoelsken will go bonkers when I say that Mel Tucker's fingerprints are still on this team. Notice the running game and explosive plays? Wasn't that MT's stuff? This is not me trying to put down HCKD because HCKD did a great job with having the team ready to play this season and deserves a lot of credit given the circumstances.

Wish we beat those Utes but let's not lose sight of what CU achieved this shortened season. CU is a running team again and that is what CU football is about. I know ahoelsken will go bonkers when I say that Mel Tucker's fingerprints are still on this team. Notice the running game and explosive plays? Wasn't that MT's stuff? This is not me trying to put down HCKD because HCKD did a great job with having the team ready to play this season and deserves a lot of credit given the circumstances.

I'm not going to go bonkers over that, and here's why-I think that's accurate. This offense is a mix of 2019, Dorrell, and Danny Langsdorf (Oregon State in particular excelled at the short passing game when he was there). I still think Mel Tucker is a spineless prick-but I think the philosophy he brought here is the one that best suits this program to have success.

One more observation-Utah reminds me of the K-State teams of the late 90s. They've got a coach is an institution, they know what they do well and they excel at it, and they make you earn wins over them. Probably won't ever get to the point I got with Nebraska with them-but we're not gonna get to where we want to go until we start beating them more than twice a decade.

Last edited:
We cannot and must not lose to Utah ever! They are sadly our new Nebraska and we must establish dominance over them, period

Back