What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU @ Washington

strength and conditioning means nothing if you are utterly devoid of talent. I would like to see Turley with a competent staff and more than a select few of actually talented players on the roster before I pass judgement.
Sure let's give him 10 more years to get the talented players so he can help them improve, not the other way around. You could say they same thing about any of the coaches. Not really ragging on you, I'm frustrated with it all too.

Glad our best running back is getting reps in trash time because Hagan doesn't like the way he took a knee during practice one time 8 weeks ago
One of the good outcomes of the coaching change, hopefully, is that Hagan gets swept into the dustbin of history. I hate the mismanagement of players. If the pearl clutchers need nostalgia that much, make a statue of DH somewhere or put up some framed 8 x 10 glossies. I respect tradition as much as the next guy but he's an ineffective coach and the program is paying him money out of mere nostalgia, the refuge of weak minded MFers and sentimental fools.

Last edited:

@manhattanbuff

Breaking Bad Money GIF

One of the good outcomes of the coaching change, hopefully, is that Hagan gets swept into the dustbin of history. I hate the mismanagement of players. If the pearl clutchers need nostalgia that much, make a statue of DH somewhere or put up some framed 8 x 10 glossies. I respect tradition as much as the next guy but he's an ineffective coach and the program is paying him money out of mere nostalgia, the refuge of weak minded MFers and sentimental fools.
He's been here `17 years. Apparently none of the head coaches knew as much about football coaching as you.

This is probably the worst CU game I can recall. Just entirely devoid of consequence. I could only laugh when we muffed the punt near the end of the first half. In a way, I was even thankful for it; I probably would have paid attention through halftime and kept watching closely for a while into the third quarter had that not happened. I left the game on, but it was pure background noise after that point.

The worst part about it is that I just feel sorry for everyone involved. The players who stuck with this team through coaching change after coaching change, put in the work day in and day out... what are they getting out of this season that just drags on and on? And what about our transfers-- how aware were they that they were walking into a situation where they basically had no chance to succeed? It's honestly such a sad thing to watch. We don't even look like we belong on the same field with these teams. This program is disjointed, impotent, and at this point, there is nothing to do but wait. I feel bad for Mike Sanford, who, regardless of his ability, walked into an absolute dumpster fire and has been left with the task of rallying this season to the finish line. It feels like all he can possibly do is somehow try to make this experience valuable for the players at the most basic, human level.

I even feel bad for the commentator who spent a chunk of time awkwardly discussing his questionable wardrobe choices because there was nothing interesting to say about Colorado that wouldn't also be wildly inappropriate for a television audience. His stupid sweater was of more consequence to the event than the Buffs were, and 99% of the time the dude isn't even on camera.

I don't feel angry at all anymore; I just feel numb.

This is probably the worst CU game I can recall. Just entirely devoid of consequence. I could only laugh when we muffed the punt near the end of the first half. In a way, I was even thankful for it; I probably would have paid attention through halftime and kept watching closely for a while into the third quarter had that not happened. I left the game on, but it was pure background noise after that point.

The worst part about it is that I just feel sorry for everyone involved. The players who stuck with this team through coaching change after coaching change, put in the work day in and day out... what are they getting out of this season that just drags on and on? And what about our transfers-- how aware were they that they were walking into a situation where they basically had no chance to succeed? It's honestly such a sad thing to watch. We don't even look like we belong on the same field with these teams. This program is disjointed, impotent, and at this point, there is nothing to do but wait. I feel bad for Mike Sanford, who, regardless of his ability, walked into an absolute dumpster fire and has been left with the task of rallying this season to the finish line. It feels like all he can possibly do is somehow try to make this experience valuable for the players at the most basic, human level.

I even feel bad for the commentator who spent a chunk of time awkwardly discussing his questionable wardrobe choices because there was nothing interesting to say about Colorado that wouldn't also be wildly inappropriate for a television audience. His stupid sweater was of more consequence to the event than the Buffs were, and 99% of the time the dude isn't even on camera.

I don't feel angry at all anymore; I just feel numb.
Are any sports games of any real consequence? Tough to watch this squad, but try to keep some perspective. My identity with the university is not dependent on the performance of a football team.

Are any sports games of any real consequence? Tough to watch this squad, but try to keep some perspective. My identity with the university is not dependent on the performance of a football team.

I mean, they are consequential unto themselves. My ties to the university are deeper than the football team, but when I'm far away from home, the sports teams are often the only real reminder I get of the place I went to college, and the place I went to with family many weekends growing up and watching football that was at least competent.

And, as I have less and less free time in adult life, it needs to feel at least a bit consequential for me to continue justifying taking chunks of time out of my weekend to watch the game. I want to watch the games; I love watching the buffs. But this isn't worth anyone's time.

Back