What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU WBB Rankings/NET/Bracketology Catch-All

Very generous. The Iowa sportswriters top 25 had CU at 23. He also had Ohio State higher than Iowa and you should have heard the Iowa fans.
Everyone is still cheering for this team, what can they do to right the ship and what can they do if they beat Oregon to throw a new game plan at Oregon State and punch that annoying team in the face?

From Charlie Creme yesterday

Creme: Colorado was a No. 1 seed in the NCAA tournament selection committee's first reveal 2½ weeks ago. The Buffaloes are now fighting to stay in the top 16. They managed to survive four straight losses and get slotted at No. 13 overall in the second reveal on Feb. 29 because all those losses were to other top-16 teams.

But the buffer is gone after they lost at home to Washington State on Saturday. An early exit in the Pac-12 tournament -- even if it comes to a good team in Oregon State in the quarterfinals -- will bounce the Buffs from a seed in the top 16.

So... did anyone else catch the shenanigans at the end of LSU USC this afternoon?

Unless there's some automatic disqualification rules that I'm unaware of, I thought at most 2 players from each team deserved to be tossed. And honestly, I could have seen only tossing one or two players total. Instead, they tossed most of both teams.

It honestly felt like they were applying different standards to women players then they would have applied to men in the same situation.

So... did anyone else catch the shenanigans at the end of LSU USC this afternoon?

Unless there's some automatic disqualification rules that I'm unaware of, I thought at most 2 players from each team deserved to be tossed. And honestly, I could have seen only tossing one or two players total. Instead, they tossed most of both teams.

It honestly felt like they were applying different standards to women players then they would have applied to men in the same situation.
The players were tossed for leaving the bench area. I don't have any examples to point to but the same rules apply for Men's.

Only Cardosa (sp?) From South Carolina got tossed for fighting, so she's suspended for the first tourney game.

And no, we've seen this applied to the men. There was a fight in a game involving Alabama I remember that they had to finish the game with only 3 players because of the bench got ejected for fighting. You CANNOT leave the bench to join a fight.

You also can't have a player's brother jumping over seats and going on to the court when there is a fight. I hope he is banned from attending games for life.

Many, many years ago, Colorado hosted Oregon during the NCAA tournament. We were in the Big 8 then. We were beating Oregon. A player's brother had been very loudly upset with the officiating. Then came a call against his sister and he threw his sweatshirt on to the court.

Security or CU police came and got him and he was removed from Coors.

There is no room for that kind of behavior.

Bracketology as of this morning He has 1 seeds as South Carolina, USC, Stanford and Iowa.

Even with JuJu Watkins having her worst game of the season, USC did what almost no one predicted in October: win the Pac-12 tournament. With it probably comes something that was even more unlikely: a No. 1 seed in the NCAA tournament. The Trojans were projected as a 5-seed in the preseason. Sunday's nine-point, 2-for-15 shooting performance notwithstanding, consider Year 1 of the Watkins era a monumental success. Iowa was a projected No. 2 seed in the preseason, so even Caitlin Clark and the Hawkeyes exceeded their already lofty expectations. Sunday's Big Ten tournament championship in overtime over Nebraska also should wrap up a top seed for Iowa. It took every one of Clark's 30 second-half points to do it, but the Hawkeyes should have their third No. 1 seed -- and the first one with Clark.

Bracketology.png

Bracketology as of this morning He has 1 seeds as South Carolina, USC, Stanford and Iowa.

Even with JuJu Watkins having her worst game of the season, USC did what almost no one predicted in October: win the Pac-12 tournament. With it probably comes something that was even more unlikely: a No. 1 seed in the NCAA tournament. The Trojans were projected as a 5-seed in the preseason. Sunday's nine-point, 2-for-15 shooting performance notwithstanding, consider Year 1 of the Watkins era a monumental success. Iowa was a projected No. 2 seed in the preseason, so even Caitlin Clark and the Hawkeyes exceeded their already lofty expectations. Sunday's Big Ten tournament championship in overtime over Nebraska also should wrap up a top seed for Iowa. It took every one of Clark's 30 second-half points to do it, but the Hawkeyes should have their third No. 1 seed -- and the first one with Clark.

View attachment 70377

I know that CU has had a rough stretch against very difficult competition, but it's hard to see them fall out of the top 4 seed lines when they're still 16th in NET and have to travel TO Norman to play a team that's barely in the top 25 of NET.

Also- maybe NET isn't as big on the Women's side as the men (after all, I think Oregon missed the tourney a while back as the number 20 team in NET), but it's wild to me that ESPN has 7 P12 teams in while they have 9 ACC teams in and 9 SEC teams in; each of those conferences has only 6 teams that rank higher in NET than the 9th ranked Pac 12 team (Washington).

Creme just switch Colorado to a 4 and Oklahoma to a 5 seed. He kept the same teams in the 1st and 2nd rounds. We shall see on Sunday what the Committee decides.

Iowa State absolutely throttled Oklahoma. The game was never closed. Iowa State has a big center named Audi Crooks. She played high school ball for a small school in Iowa. Watched her play in 4 state championship games. Was not sure how well she would do against DI competetion. In her first game, she scored 9 points and didn't play a lot because of foul trouble. Whatever she and Fennelly talked about worked. She has been in double figures every single game since.

She is big and hears chants of "fatty" from opponents, which is a nasty thing for people to do.

Netty is big and solid. Audi is big and wide. Audi is built more like Charlotte. She is very good on her feet and doesn't get called for fouls the way Charlotte does.

Iowa State is starting 3 freshmen. All three are very good.

We might play them next season.

That last part should REALLY drive home how difficult the P12/CUs schedule was this year. 9 losses and the worst is to number 29?!

Would anyone be surprised if any of the teams that CU lost to won the national championship (or at least was in the final game, since I think South Carolina will win).

... Maybe Washington State, that was not a good loss

Would anyone be surprised if any of the teams that CU lost to won the national championship (or at least was in the final game, since I think South Carolina will win).

... Maybe Washington State, that was not a good loss

I think South Carolina is the best team in the country, but all of the teams except Wazzu could win the national championship.

Except for Oregon, every team was competitive--even the ones who didn't win a lot of games.

Back