What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU WBB Rankings/NET/Bracketology Catch-All

child 44 GIF

Hell yeah.

I'm holding off on getting excited about ranks, bracketology, etc., until after CU beats Utah to begin conference play :)

I do think that #5 is a bit high, but they will have one more chance to prove it in the non-conference portion of the season when they play NC State. Once Pac 12 play begins they'll have almost unlimited opportunities to validate themselves.

I'm holding off on getting excited about ranks, bracketology, etc., until after CU beats Utah to begin conference play :)

I do think that #5 is a bit high, but they will have one more chance to prove it in the non-conference portion of the season when they play NC State. Once Pac 12 play begins they'll have almost unlimited opportunities to validate themselves.
If I was a voter, I couldn't justify dropping LSU out of the top 10 based on 1 loss on a neutral court to a ranked team. I also couldn't justify ranking the undefeated team that beat them below LSU. The ranking is appropriate. And is it "too high" when we're coming off a Sweet 16 and that rank means that they're seen as an Elite 8 that's not quite projected as a Final 4?

Looks like a 2 seed to me.

This early bracketology has 10 teams from the Pac-12 Dancing. This conference is going out with a bang. No team will go undefeated in the conference.

Charlie Creme tweeted that LSU would come back and beat Colorado. He was so very wrong.

The only poll that matters is the team that wins the national championship but I am going to enjoy this ride.

Last edited:
This early bracketology has 10 teams from the Pac-12 Dancing. This conference is going out with a bang. No team will go undefeated in the conference.
Everyone but ASU and Cal- both of whom are undefeated (albeit against weak scheduling so far).

The only loss by the conference is by Utah on the road against a ranked Baylor team.

half the top 10 is P12 teams. Going to be a wild year in conference.

Today's bracketology We are #1

The good news for the rest of the country is that Pac-12 teams must eventually begin playing each other. So starting Jan. 5, half the league will lose each night, and the likelihood that where we are today -- with the Pac-12 having three No. 1 seeds and five teams on the top three seed lines -- won't remain. But the Pac-12 is clearly the country's best conference for now, with just four combined losses among the 12 teams. Stanford elevates to a No. 1 seed after Sunday's exciting win over Duke, and things get eve
more entertaining when fellow No. 1 seeds UCLA and Colorado tangle with UConn and NC State, respectively, this weekend.

I sure hope the team keeps their minds together over all of this attention and takes care of business in the Virgin Islands.

It is doubtful there will be 3 number 1 seeds from the Pac by the time this becomes real.

Angel Reese is back tonight just in time for LSU to play #9 Virginia Tech.

Acknowledging every other CU fan is rooting for LSU for SoS reasons, I'm really hopeful VT can handle them like CU did.

Cassell Coliseum has a Final 4 banner now. I want another.

I will never root for a team coached by the evil Kim Mulkey. I don't care about SOS or anything else.

According to Raoul, another player is no longer with the LSU team

A few things:
  • Women down 1 in the A/P poll (to #8),
  • In what I believe is the 1st release of the NET rankings for this season, CU starts with a lower NET ranking (#19) than I would have thought, and
  • the Pac 12 is going to provide MANY great opportunities for the team to prove how good they are, as well as make them better with the great competition.

Last edited:
yeah, with LSU as 20 that's gonna be a weird look for our NET. But conference play will be a bloodbath.
Yes, it will and I don't see anyone getting through it undefeated.

Stanford getting beat as badly as they did was surprising but Cameron Brink was sick and had to leave the game.

Utah lost a player to an injury that was announced yesterday.

The women also check in at #8 in this week's Coaches' poll ( https://wbca.org/recognize/polls/dec-12-2023-1), and as of today are #23 in the Net rankings ( https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketball-women/d1/ncaa-womens-basketball-net-rankings).

And, with only a couple weeks or so left in non-conference play, the Pac 12 continues to impress, and looks like there will be MANY GREAT games to see late this year and into next year in conference play. (WSU had been ranked, but fell out after Washington beat them in their last game and conference opener. Washington is now the 1st team out of the Top 25 rankings and WSU 2nd out in the A/P Media poll.)

A few numbers for the Buffs heading into conference play:

• In addition to being #8 in the AP (media) poll, the Buffs also remain #8 in this week's coaches' poll (https://wbca.org/recognize/polls/dec-26-2023).
  • The Buffs continue to be behind (at #24) in the Net rankings compared to most of the other Pac 12 leaders. (Stanford's #3, Utah #4, UCLA's #6 and USC #11. Unranked WSU is even a little ahead of CU at #23.)
  • CU is #12 in the Massey ratings. The Pac 12 overall continues to solidly lead the way in conference ratings with an 8.17, with the SEC in 2nd just ahead of the other Power 5 conferences with a 7.91. (the 5th P5 conference rated Big 10 is at 7.82, so the Pac 12's gap to #2 in the ratings score is quite a bit larger than th difference between the #2 to #5 conferences.)

And, looks like all the "big 5" in the Pac 12 will be entering conference play strong. (Washington could also in the mix, as they are #24 in the coaches' poll and are receiving the 26th most votes in the media poll; OSU will also be a tough out as they have the 30th most points in the media poll.)

Back