What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU WBB Rankings/NET/Bracketology Catch-All

I just saw that the Caitlin Clark discussion was in this thread.

She handled it wrong. If I was a collegiate or professional athlete and a fan ran towards me on a court or field, I would absolutely level that person and be unapologetic about it. You don't know what that person has in mind. Sure, this girl seemed content on being an idot with a phone, but you don't know what the next person might do.

So, imo, she had every right to put a shoulder into that girl, but don't be a flopper who acts like the girl who ran onto the court initiated that contact and sure as hell don't spin any bull**** story. Just stand up and say, "She ran towards me, I didn't know what she was intending, so I protected myself."

Sure, some people are going to still criticize, but the majority of people would completely accept that argument.

There were a lot of upsets in the PAC12 this weekend besides our loss. USC and UCLA both lost at home, to UW and WSU respectively. Oregon State thumped Utah. CU is now alone in 2nd place in the conference standings, one game behind Stanford. The Buffs can still win the conference title. The PAC is wild this year! It will be interesting to see what happens with the rankings tomorrow...

My least favorite coach Kim Mulkey's LSU team lost to Mississippi State last night. I watched the 4th quarter. I don't know what the woman was wearing, but OMG. She also thinks the coaches box consists of the entire court. It was so much fun seeing that team lose yet again. Their fans said said they lost the last game because Reese fouled out. She didn't foul out last night. She did throw a horrible half court pass that went to nobody. It was beautiful

Charlie Creme's bracketology as of today. The Buffs are still a 2 seed.

Washington State is down to an 8 seed and Washington is a play in team.

Not going to be an easy weekend, but there are no easy weekends in the Pac.

I Feel like i've mentioned this before, but what the actual **** is Stanford's conference schedule this year???? The teams you just happen to only play once this year happen to be probably other best 4 teams in the conference?????

Hope RG has realized he's gonna have to pay a LOT more money to have her as a coach next year

It is about time. If he wants the women's basketball program to stay relevant, he is going to have to fork over the BIG BUCKS.

He hired her on the cheap but the price tag is way higher now and last year's contract doesn't jive with what she has accomplished.

It is about time. If he wants the women's basketball program to stay relevant, he is going to have to fork over the BIG BUCKS.

He hired her on the cheap but the price tag is way higher now and last year's contract doesn't jive with what she has accomplished.
I still think there is a correlation to what he choses to do with JR and what he is willing to do when it comes time to replace Tad - whether it is Tad or RGs choice is irrelevant.

If he won't pay for a proven commodity to keep her here, there is ZERO chance he will bring in anyone other than a dud to replace Tad.

If he won't pay for a proven commodity to keep her here, there is ZERO chance he will bring in anyone other than a dud to replace Tad.
Wait... you think there's a non-zero chance RG replaces Tad with someone that isn't a dud?

Wait... you think there's a non-zero chance RG replaces Tad with someone that isn't a dud?
If I win Powerball, we're good. Jamahl Mosley would only meet the minimum standard I'd bankroll. 👍

He accidentally hired JR - I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest he didn't hire her because he KNEW she'd have us in the top 5 for the entire season. He got lucky - it could happen again.

He accidentally hired JR - I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest he didn't hire her because he KNEW she'd have us in the top 5 for the entire season. He got lucky - it could happen again.
JR was an unknown at the P5 level. I didn't know if we would ever get to this level since JR inherited a bare cupboard and had some big misses with recruits and transfers in the early years.

When the transfer portal opened up to be what it is now, JR figured out how to work it. Like Coach Barry did, she figured out how to help players improve during her time at CU.

If he lets JR get away over money, he will go for a cheap hire again.

Every hire by RG and Bohn since Coach Barry was hired were on the cheap. He totally got lucky with JR. All the others were terrible hires.

Still a 2 seed with being the automatic qualifier. Stanford a 1 seed. I do not understand.

Right now, CU has the same conference record as Stanford (9-2) and a similar overall record (20-3 for stanford vs. 19-3 for Colorado), and the same record (4-2) against top 25 teams. However, i think if you look at CU's body of work, it's better overall (slightly).

I think the only justification is that CU has a much tougher schedule down the stretch and may drop more games than Stanford down the stretch, but you'd think if it was close and CU had a stronger SOS and won the P12 tourney that they'd be a 1 over stanford.

Right now, CU has the same conference record as Stanford (9-2) and a similar overall record (20-3 for stanford vs. 19-3 for Colorado), and the same record (4-2) against top 25 teams. However, i think if you look at CU's body of work, it's better overall (slightly).

I think the only justification is that CU has a much tougher schedule down the stretch and may drop more games than Stanford down the stretch, but you'd think if it was close and CU had a stronger SOS and won the P12 tourney that they'd be a 1 over stanford.

Re: Stanford being bracketed higher. It's hard to ignore a #2 NET ranking. They also have more Q1 wins, and have played a stronger schedule (non-con). It's debatable, since we beat them, but I don't see it as an injustice.

1707502649032.png
1707502668416.png

Re: Stanford being bracketed higher. It's hard to ignore a #2 NET ranking. They also have more Q1 wins, and have played a stronger schedule (non-con). It's debatable, since we beat them, but I don't see it as an injustice.

View attachment 69731
View attachment 69732
I think this is completely valid, and I agree that if the tournament started today that they would have a better resume than CU.

But the bracketology projection had CU winning the P12 tournament. If they're going to project CU to win the P12 tourney, then I don't understand how that scenario wouldn't put CU over Stanford because in that hypothetical CU will either have 2 more Quad 1 wins than Stanford from the tournament OR have beaten Stanford H2H twice.

I think this is completely valid, and I agree that if the tournament started today that they would have a better resume than CU.

But the bracketology projection had CU winning the P12 tournament. If they're going to project CU to win the P12 tourney, then I don't understand how that scenario wouldn't put CU over Stanford because in that hypothetical CU will either have 2 more Quad 1 wins than Stanford from the tournament OR have beaten Stanford H2H twice.
I'm not sure about this particular bracketologist, but I know others notate AQs not based on projections, but on current standings. This is typically most relevant for single-bid conferences.

Charlie Creme has been doing WBB bracketology as long as I can remember, long before NET or quads or any of that.

He is usually not far off.

He probably has CU as the auto qualifier because of the current standings.

Back