What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU (WBB) v Iowa Game thread

well, no excuse to lose this game. already way closer than it should be. that said, they are gonna lose it somehow.

How is that not an intentional? B-Wil is lucky she's not naked.

88-84

Missed 3 by Iowa.

Sborov heading to the line with 3.4 left

Big, big win. This Iowa team is no slouch and appears to be top 25 level judging by their win over #14 Dayton and how they played tonight. This W bodes well for the season.

That's my girl! Jasmine closes it out with the FTs. Iowa with a meaningless buzzer beater. 90-87.

:gobuffs:

This is going to be a very important win come selection time for the Dance.

Full disclosure time: I thought we would lose tonight. The team's better than I thought. So much to improve on, but the pieces are definitely there.

Couple sneaky tough road games at MWC schools (New Mexico and Wyoming) coming up. South Alabama between those.

That's my girl! Jasmine closes it out with the FTs. Iowa with a meaningless buzzer beater. 90-87.

:gobuffs:

This is going to be a very important win come selection time for the Dance.

Full disclosure time: I thought we would lose tonight. The team's better than I thought. So much to improve on, but the pieces are definitely there.

My thoughts exactly. They are going to be fun to watch this season.

Good to get the win, didn't get to see this game but it sounds like the Louisville one from last year. Glad to get this W!

Was at the game. As a friend said, "that was a very unsatisfying win." CU was really doing a good job on both ends in the first half, but the last couple of minutes of that half and the beginning of the second half were where things went south. CU got a bit tentative, turned the ball over and Iowa was able to get to the basket or penetrate and then hit the open trey.

CU had to be mentally tough down the stretch as they weren't able to really put Iowa away, but didn't give up the lead.

Big win for CU. It's nice to see them schedule and beat a quality opponent this early in the season.

The flipside is it's more pure basketball since they haven't outgrown the court like the men.

To me, the women's game is the way basketball is meant to be played. That said the only men's team I watch is CU. Now I wish the CU men's fans would show the same respect to the women's team.

The team played well in the first half. Don't know what happened in the second half. We should have beat them and not let Iowa get back in to the game.

B Wil with a career high on points. Love watching Lauren Huggins play. Loved the NBA 3 by Kresl.

Lappe is a true class act (Iowa girl) and she will get the job done with this team.

Iowa came in to this game having beaten a ranked team at home and being the team not in the top 25 with the most votes, so make them 26th.

buffgal - I'm right there with you from the other side of the coin. I love Men's Basketball. I'm a college men's hoops junkie. I'll watch some NBA games. On the women's side, I'm not a fan of women's basketball. I couldn't tell you when the WNBA season is during the year - for all I know they could be in the playoffs right now. I rarely tune into a WBB college game except for a rare night when there's not much on and maybe UConn is playing Tennessee or something. But I'm a season ticket holder for CU WBB and watch every single game that's on tv. If it's not on, I stream the live stats or live video on my computer.

I'm not a women's basketball fan, but I'm a fan of CU Women's Basketball.

Back