What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CUnit AMA (Technically, ask US anything)

Yes, our feelings too. We are discussing options with the AD.
good luck with that negotiation. I support you, but it's pretty hard to be successful when the other side holds all the cards/cash.

Will 50 bottles of Macallan 12 get us 50 students in?

I would prefer a wide assortment if I were to get 50 bottles.

50 students + me= 51

Then add the 20+ Allbuffs 35yr and Flukes using their uncanny 6th sense hunting out a glass of scotch = ~72 total people

divide that by my 900sft apartment = 12.5sft/person

Ya I see no problem here. Seems roomy compared to parties on the Hill.

good luck with that negotiation. I support you, but it's pretty hard to be successful when the other side holds all the cards/cash.

Oh, we know. The AD understands how much influence we can have though and they really trust and listen to our opinion. That being said, funds are very tight, and it would likely require a donor to step up and contribute. Or we could start a fund to donate on AllBuffs today and try to get BUFFNATION to send us. We’re open to ideas.

are you suggesting JRK and RK (formerly known as UBL) aren't representative of the student body? Weird.

I don't live in Colorado and haven't been to a game yet this year so I can't judge for myself. I had heard some rumblings and thought I'd ask.

The turnout of students seems to be down and excuses were flowing early. I thought that might be part of it.

I don't live in Colorado and haven't been to a game yet this year so I can't judge for myself. I had heard some rumblings and thought I'd ask.

The turnout of students seems to be down and excuses were flowing early. I thought that might be part of it.

We got unlucky with a very challenging home schedule. 19 home games. 6 games in 12 days. break games. It’s a combination of a lot of factors one of which NOT being student protest or unrule. Attendance is something we ALWAYS want to improve so I have no real excuses. Those are just facts.

We got unlucky with a very challenging home schedule. 19 home games. 6 games in 12 days. break games. It’s a combination of a lot of factors one of which NOT being student protest or unrule. Attendance is something we ALWAYS want to improve so I have no real excuses. Those are just facts.

I just meant it as an honest question. I was a student and attended basketball games 97 to 02 so I have huge respect for what cunit has done. Congrats and keep up the good work.

Yes, I'm 35.

I just meant it as an honest question. I was a student and attended basketball games 97 to 02 so I have huge respect for what cunit has done. Congrats and keep up the good work.

Yes, I'm 35.

Thank you... Does it hurt you to think that you missed Mr. Big Shot by ONE season at CU???

Oh, we know. The AD understands how much influence we can have though and they really trust and listen to our opinion. That being said, funds are very tight, and it would likely require a donor to step up and contribute. Or we could start a fund to donate on AllBuffs today and try to get BUFFNATION to send us. We’re open to ideas.

A number of us gave money to help with getting students to ABQ for the NCAAs, myself included. At least I think the money was directed there. It was put together at the last minute and was not well organized.

Thank you... Does it hurt you to think that you missed Mr. Big Shot by ONE season at CU???

I was a freshman for Billups last year and lived in Arnett. I could not find anyone to go with even though it would have been a 2 minute walk for us. CU was all about football then.

CUnit, I have heard rumors that there used to be a "Buffalo Stomp" at folsom back in the glory days, where the students would all stomp and it would sound like a stampede. What are your thoughts of doing something similar prior to tip-off? When you all were jumping at the end of the game with the "I Believe that we will win" you could really hear the stomping on the concrete.

On the metallic bleachers at Folsom that might work. On the concrete at Coors, not so much.

I was a freshman for Billups last year and lived in Arnett. I could not find anyone to go with even though it would have been a 2 minute walk for us. CU was all about football then.

...and HE was quietly woking in the KEG. Praise you Mr. Big Shot, you are our God.

Or maybe just nobody wanted to go with you?

A number of us gave money to help with getting students to ABQ for the NCAAs, myself included. At least I think the money was directed there. It was put together at the last minute and was not well organized.

Seriously on behalf of the CUnit. Thank you so much.

Why is C-Unit basketball only? It makes no sense to have different "student sections" for football and basketball. I asked someone in C-Unit a while ago and got some dick response that was basically C-Unit doesnt involve football. Douche.

And "Thats the way it started and the way it's gonna be" is not a valid answer. Assholes care more about the rep of the group than supporting CU football.

Why is C-Unit basketball only? It makes no sense to have different "student sections" for football and basketball. I asked someone in C-Unit a while ago and got some dick response that was basically C-Unit doesnt involve football. Douche.

And "Thats the way it started and the way it's gonna be" is not a valid answer. Assholes care more about the rep of the group than supporting CU football.

I think it makes a ton of sense.

Do you wonder why the "Cameron Crazies" aren't also a football organization?

I chipped in $50 to the Buff Club as well for that, but I don't think the money was applied towards the trip; I remember getting the receipt from the Buff Club and it was applied towards one of the general funds...they may or may not have used the donation as intended (don't know enough about the Buff Club's accounting methods to say conclusively...but i have my doubts)...

If AD support falls through this year, i would definitely donate directly to you guys if you started a fundraiser...I went to the tournament game in Austin back in March and sat a couple of rows in front of the C-Unit crew that made the trip down...even though we lost, your presence could definitely be felt and we need to see that continue and grow, especially when CU is on the national stage like that...

I think it makes a ton of sense.

Do you wonder why the "Cameron Crazies" aren't also a football organization?

That's clearly basketball. "C-unit student section" says nothing about basketball. "C-unit basketball student section" I guess... not to mention op said there's an effort to support other sports

That's clearly basketball. "C-unit student section" says nothing about basketball. "C-unit basketball student section" I guess... not to mention op said there's an effort to support other sports
From my understanding a lot of the C-unit is organizing chants, fatheads, looking up things on the other players, and many other things. What chants that we use for basketball are going to translate to the football team? You can't use the free throw chants for football. You can't look up things for a whole football team. Have you ever seen fatheads in a football section? I'm sure the higher ups within the C-unit also attend football games and support them as well. There just isn't logistically the need to organize that stuff.

Or maybe just nobody wanted to go with you?

This explains so much. I remember my buddies having to go to the bathroom and were gone like 3 hours. They came back and said they ate some 711 hot dogs and had the squirts. I should have known something was up when it happened 17 times that year.

From my understanding a lot of the C-unit is organizing chants, fatheads, looking up things on the other players, and many other things. What chants that we use for basketball are going to translate to the football team? You can't use the free throw chants for football. You can't look up things for a whole football team. Have you ever seen fatheads in a football section? I'm sure the higher ups within the C-unit also attend football games and support them as well. There just isn't logistically the need to organize that stuff.

Yes, this.

Thats not what the guy said. And no
C-unit at football because it is too hard. Gotcha. I don't buy that at all. It will be funny to see them get involved once we're good at football

We have time on our side this go round, last time it was totally spontaneous.

Yes, this.

I'd have to dig up the message but I sent an admin for c-unit saying we should start some stuff for football. His response was basically furk off. C-unit only involves basketball..

Thats not what the guy said. And no
C-unit at football because it is too hard. Gotcha. I don't buy that at all. It will be funny to see them get involved once we're good at football

It's done both ways.

Utah's MUSS is football, MBB and gymnastics. http://ulink.utah.edu/s/1077/index.aspx?sid=1077&gid=1&pgid=941

So there's no reason (beyond logistics & funding) that C-Unit couldn't be expanded with a different group of leadership for each sport it supported and probably some crossover on that.

Football definitely needs some student leadership.

I think the AD would be wise to get more involved than they already are in expanding what C-Unit does. I'm getting the impression that the current C-Unit as it's comprised is doing their best just to handle MBB, and they do it well.

And I know it was mentioned that too much AD involvement is bad, but I think to expand the C-Unit concept to other sports, it's going to take some initiative and organization from the AD.

I don't think it would take many resources, just some marketing and guidance. Maybe have every significant student group on campus appoint a C-Unit rep. And that might not mean more than being on an e-mail list, and standing up at their group's weekly meetings and keeping everybody up to date with what's going on in the AD and what games are that week. Maybe that's already being done, I'm not sure.

Imagine what it could be like if someone were to start organizing this in January. just sayin' ......

See. It's not just UBL and JRK.

I thought the jousting during the first Kansas free throws was genius. Was that planned by the CUnit? Did someone put an end to it?

C-Unit was founded in 2004 to be the basketball student section. Football student sections don't name themselves, it's just the student section. Same at most every other school in the country.

Back