What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

D.J. Eliot to become KU DC

That's some huge financial relief.

Congrats to Coach Eliot, too. His 2017 was a real tough spot for any DC with the personnel losses and massive staff turnover heading into that season. Tons of improvement in 2018 and his defense played well enough to earn a bowl trip this year. I'm sure that's what people saw and the reason he is getting a DC job.

Fantastic news all around.

I imagine Tucker will likely bring in a guy he knows here (Georgia?) with no DC experience that he thinks is ready for that opportunity. He sounded like he wasn’t ready to give up all defensive responsibilities.

I would hope and prefer that Coach Tucker call the defense this coming year, unless he has a guy he trusts completely. If he wants to be successful, it may come to that. DC is less important right now than our OC!

I wish him well. He came into a difficult situation at Colorado and did a decent job.
I don't think anyone should have any animosity toward Eliot (or MacIntyre or pretty much all of the coaches). Good guys. Solid football coaches. Things just ran their course and we missed a bowl the last 2 years by going 0-10 with eligibility on the line. Had to make a change because we weren't getting over the hump.

I don't think anyone should have any animosity toward Eliot (or MacIntyre or pretty much all of the coaches). Good guys. Solid football coaches. Things just ran their course and we missed a bowl the last 2 years by going 0-10 with eligibility on the line. Had to make a change because we weren't getting over the hump.

Agreed. I wish them all well, and am excited and fairly optimistic to see how the Tucker Era progresses.

That's a nice way of putting it.

Back