What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

D2 Danny at tigers practice

If he did, it would be about doing the little things right.

whenever these hawkisms come up, i am somehow reminded of the george bush (the first one) quote in the beck song "loser." "i'm a driver; i'm a winner. things are going change, i can feel it."

I would love to hear a report that Pinkle let Hawk give some sort of motivational pep talk.

I had some repect for Pinkle, before hearing about this......

And, Danny needs to just get lost. Bank your millions and hit the road. He will never coach again...just like Gary.

I had some repect for Pinkle, before hearing about this......

And, Danny needs to just get lost. Bank your millions and hit the road. He will never coach again...just like Gary.

Although GB is coming back to coach the alumni at the spring game. I predict that D2 will not be coming back to coach any flag football games in the near future. Or ever...

Although GB is coming back to coach the alumni at the spring game. I predict that D2 will not be coming back to coach any flag football games in the near future. Or ever...

Danny might be a good coach for my son's 7v7 team....on second, thought, no.......

I think Hawkins is the first coach in over 50 years of following CU football that I can actually say that I just plain do not like in any way, shape or form. Well maybe Fairbanks joins him on that very short list. Everyone has their shortcomings but Hawkins was just a flim-flam man, a huckster, the guy just talked and had no substance.

I think Hawkins is the first coach in over 50 years of following CU football that I can actually say that I just plain do not like in any way, shape or form. Well maybe Fairbanks joins him on that very short list. Everyone has their shortcomings but Hawkins was just a flim-flam man, a huckster, the guy just talked and had no substance.

i didn't care for chucky either but i do believe that hawkins has managed to pass him on the list of completely useless mofos who ****ed up my football program and couldn't coach their way out of a paper bag list.

Chucky was before my time. D II is/was a corn studded turd as far as coaching goes IMO.

Fairbanks, by the time he got here, had mailed it in. He was just pulling a big paycheck. CU had seen it's fortunes slowly fall since Crowder left and was trying to regain that stature. Fairbanks had a solid resume that included both college and NFL head coaching experience. The problem was he didn't give a damn about CU, and really didn't care if he won or not. He blamed the school for the problems he was having instead of working through the issues.

Hawk, OTOH, is a complete fraud. Virtually all of his "success" can be directly attributed to others. He doesn't think in terms of wins and losses, but in vague, unmeasurable items that somehow are supposed to lead to things "popping". He was a fraud from the outset.

I see it all working out:

Pinkel to Ohio State.

D2 Danny to Mizzou. :lol:

If that happened, I'd lobby Bohn to establish an annual series with Mizzou just to make up for the last five years. I'd almost be sad to be leaving the b12 if that were to be the case. Playing a Hawkins led team on an annual basis would be a dream come true.

I wish him nothing but the best he is still the father of a Buff.

I don't wish the man ill, but he did so much damage to my beloved program that it will take a long time for me to not feel at least some contempt for the man.

Penciling in a W for the CSU game now. Hopefully Dan wants to take the ol fam to visit Hawaii this summer, that'd be swell.

Back