What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

dc Daily Camera Football: Buffs still in discussion with CSU about continuing Rocky Mountain...

I like the series with CSU. However, we finally have an A.D. who knows that college football is ever changing and getting into a 10 year contract is ludicrous with a G5 School. Looking back at the current series, is a complete fail with the previous CU A.D. I have faith that RG will find a balance with CU's OOC. The Rocky Mountain Showdown is the biggest money maker for CSU. CU holds all the cards and knows it. A small step in the right direction.

I think that's the idea, playing teams like Texas A&M at Mile High where we can sell it out and make a fortune.
CU should be looking to get a perennial top 10-15 program to Colorado, which may mean moving the game to Denver.

Of all the people...

Shame on you. I expected more out of you two. The two that I respect the most on our football board.

College football is to be played on college campuses. Period. (Other than bowl games).

A sold out Folsom vs aTm makes a good chunk of change and would be a sellout with all those Texas ****s coming into town.

This Mile High idea needs to die with fire and then nuked from space.

Seriously, shame on both of you. Very disappointed.

Oh, and if I remember correctly, during the down years, Buffnik was all in on the hit the local Boulder shops took with the lack of fans.

Now you are all in on taking what could be a huge game in Boulder and moving it to Denver to play in an NFL stadium.

And have half of a stadium filled with opposing fans on what was supposed to be a game in your own home stadium with a clear home field advantage.

Sorry. It's just dumb and against everything I thought you two stood for.

Of all the people...

Shame on you. I expected more out of you two. The two that I respect the most on our football board.

College football is to be played on college campuses. Period. (Other than bowl games).

A sold out Folsom vs aTm makes a good chunk of change and would be a sellout with all those Texas ****s coming into town.

This Mile High idea needs to die with fire and then nuked from space.

Seriously, shame on both of you. Very disappointed.
Until Folsom finishes its remodel and gets expanded, it doesn't have the ability to make as much money as Mile High.

Also, there's a lot of logic to ending the RMS and then making a move CSU cannot in order to do more to own the market.

I put it out there because I am not sure the big programs will necessarily go for home and homes in Boulder. If they do, that is great. But if it is the only way the Buffs could get a Florida State type team, I think it is worth doing once or twice over the next 8-10 years.

I like seeing more P5 teams going forward, but no reason to stop now. There are upgrades to be made, especially with CU actually being pretty good again.

Last edited:
All I know is, back in the day, CU would play anybody. They didn't give a ****, I'd like to see that again. As far as the money difference between Boulder and Denver, I don't know enough about what they make to get involved.

I put it out there because I am not sure the big programs will necessarily go for home and home in Boulder. If they do, that is great. But if the only way the Buffs could get a Florida State type team, I think it is worth doing once or twice over the next 8-10 years.

I like seeing more P5 teams going forward, but no reason to stop now. There are upgrades to be made, especially with CU actually being pretty good again.
Until Folsom finishes its remodel and gets expanded, it doesn't have the ability to make as much money as Mile High.

Also, there's a lot of logic to ending the RMS and then making a move CSU cannot in order to do more to own the market.

Well sure. When you guys put it that way using logic n stuff. Pains in the ass....

:D

Back