What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

dc Daily Camera Football: Competition looks to bolster Buffs' defensive line in 2018

There is zero chance we will approach 2016 in our DL front this year, but we should be better (not sure we can help that actually).

A lot came together for that one year that gave JL his payday and I'm still not sold that he had a ton to do with that. We had 3 Sr's who were really good up front.

I think the article mentioned the 12 was just for the front three, but point taken because it is a bad number.;)

Entirely possible Awuzie approached 12 by himself in 2016.
Good point. Then my post should have been, “about 12 more than I remember from the DL”.

There is zero chance we will approach 2016 in our DL front this year, but we should be better (not sure we can help that actually).

A lot came together for that one year that gave JL his payday and I'm still not sold that he had a ton to do with that. We had 3 Sr's who were really good up front.

Yeah, we had three senior DL who ended up in NFL camps. JL did a good job but he had help.

If what we have been hearing about Javier isn't another line of off-season fantasy we could be much better though.

Last season he was so big and out of shape that he couldn't get out of his stance quick enough to take on his blockers. Instead since he was off balance they were able to get into him and push him off the ball.

If he is truly down in or below the 330 lb range he could get back some of the quickness and mobility he had on his JUCO highlights. He doesn't have to be fast or dynamic but if he can occasionally beat the center and move into the pocket forcing the QB to move it should make a big difference in our pass rush. Also if he can be more effective at holding the middle of the LOS with a little lateral mobility allowing him to snuff some draws and inside delays it will free up other guys from those responsibilities and allow them to be more aggressive.

Back