What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

dc Daily Camera Football: CU Buffs' Derek McCartney ready to contribute once again

RSSBot

News Junkie
For everybody involved with the Colorado football program, last season's vault to the top of the Pac-12 South division was a remarkable journey.

<b>By Brian Howell</b><p><p><i>BuffZone.com Writer</i>
Continue reading...

Holy smokes at the pic, he's lookin like an NFL linebacker. And I like reading this about Eliot:

"I like him. He's a lot of fun," McCartney said. "He's a real technical coach, and I think that's really helpful for a lot of us right now. We learned a good scheme (the past two years) and now we're learning a lot of technique and it's been really helpful for us."

Sounds like we won't be too vanilla since the scheme is truly still in place.

Having him back gives me hope this D won't take a step too far back.
If we can just play average defense, 2017 could be as good as 2016 with the offense expected to be much improved. Not guaranteed, as we won every game we had a chance to win - mostly because of that outstanding defense, but still, the opportunity is there.

Holy smokes at the pic, he's lookin like an NFL linebacker. And I like reading this about Eliot:

"I like him. He's a lot of fun," McCartney said. "He's a real technical coach, and I think that's really helpful for a lot of us right now. We learned a good scheme (the past two years) and now we're learning a lot of technique and it's been really helpful for us."

Sounds like we won't be too vanilla since the scheme is truly still in place.
The general chatter has been that Eliot is more about playing great base defense but won't be as aggressive with his play calling compared to Leavitt. We won't know until we know. But if the chatter is accurate, I'd say that JL was perfectly suited for a defense as veteran as last year's that could handle a lot of wrinkles and adjustments (and sometimes when things weren't working, being able to say "**** it, we'll just come at them from all angles & rely on our DBs to win on an island"). This year may be more about avoiding big plays against us while stopping the run in more of a bend-but-don't-break while expecting our offense to light up the scoreboard.

Back