What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Daily Camera Men's Basketball: Tory Miller ready to man the paint for CU Buffs men's basketball

RSSBot

News Junkie
First things first. Tory Miller is apologetic. The Colorado men's basketball veteran most equipped to fire off humorous off-the-cuff one-liners and flash jovial grin, Miller became a momentary victim of his own sense of humor on April Fool's Day.

Continue reading...

"Tory certainly has leadership capabilities, and we want him to be one of the leaders on this team," Boyle said. "I think the big message with Tory is to do what you do well, and don't try to do what you can't do. If Tory does those things, he's going to help us win.

"Tory is an experienced player now, but obviously one of the issues he's had his whole career is foul trouble. You can argue, you can complain and do whatever, but you have to understand the flow of the game."

I believe this is a big key to the season. Can Miller stay on the court for over 25 minutes a night while not being in foul trouble for those minutes? Changes a hell of a lot if he can be smarter about things.

will depend on how he handles the pick n roll actions teams throw at the Buffs.
Can he be a threat down low in the post and make the pass out when double teamed

will depend on how he handles the pick n roll actions teams throw at the Buffs.
Can he be a threat down low in the post and make the pass out when double teamed
My biggest concern is that there are holes in his game that make it so he's not a high usage guy. See it all the time in the NBA where someone very efficient and effective for 15 minutes a night gets a big contract from a GM who thinks his stats might double if he plays 30 minutes a night. It doesn't work like that.

Tory has 24 blocks in 95 games. Dinwiddie had more blocks in less games. I was excited about Tory's potential at this time last year. Then, his rebounding fell off & he stagnated overall.

Are we a worse team without Tory? Probably but most players don't make a senior leap. All eyes on Walton.

Tory has 24 blocks in 95 games. Dinwiddie had more blocks in less games. I was excited about Tory's potential at this time last year. Then, his rebounding fell off & he stagnated overall.

Are we a worse team without Tory? Probably but most players don't make a senior leap. All eyes on Walton.

I'd lower all expectations on Walton for next year. He's a long term project. he may be able to chip in some solid minutes next year, but I wouldn't plan on him being a regular part of the rotation.

Tad will have more big options to mix and match as opposed to last year.
Last year injuries, suspensions, and youth impacted the bigs production.
They will have to take a committee approach where you maximize what each player does well and not extend beyond that. Use lineups which provide most mismatch opportunities and take advantage of them.

Tad will have more big options to mix and match as opposed to last year.
Last year injuries, suspensions, and youth impacted the bigs production.
They will have to take a committee approach where you maximize what each player does well and not extend beyond that. Use lineups which provide most mismatch opportunities and take advantage of them.
Yes. And I like all the matchups Tad can create. But what worries me is whether we'll have those 7 guys he can count on with 2 of them being able to score the tough buckets when it counts. If we don't have that part, we won't win.

I'd lower all expectations on Walton for next year. He's a long term project. he may be able to chip in some solid minutes next year, but I wouldn't plan on him being a regular part of the rotation.

I didn't set any expectations on Walton in that post except the hope that he can be an actual rim protector unlike Tory. I commented a lot about wanting DW to redshirt far before it became a bad secret. Though, it's way too early to be talking about minutes.

Back