What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Dan Hawkins: " F You Fans"

Coach Hawkins is also showing every Pac-10 recruiting prospect that he too can play QB, no real skills or physical ability needed. With Coach Hawkins' plan, even the son of the HC can get playing time.

Cody is a totally solid Buff - much, much more so than many of the 'fans' here. His teammates elected him a captain. One of 4 who mean so much to them, in terms of spirit, devotion, leadership, that they honor himwith a 'C' on his uni. It's fine to hate dh, but to trash Cody is, plain stupid.

A big problem for this team is something that many players keep saying and Cody said after the game, "we are a good team, we just..." They should be thinking, "we have good players, but we have a really spotty, inconsistent team. We need to correct..." I think this is dh's fault, everuything is great fromjust needs some tweaking

Can anybody, from anywhere, explain why Riddle and Johnson continue to wear our colors?

Basketball will be here soon

Cody is a totally solid Buff - much, much more so than many of the 'fans' here. His teammates elected him a captain. One of 4 who mean so much to them, in terms of spirit, devotion, leadership, that they honor himwith a 'C' on his uni. It's fine to hate dh, but to trash Cody is, plain stupid.

A big problem for this team is something that many players keep saying and Cody said after the game, "we are a good team, we just..." They should be thinking, "we have good players, but we have a really spotty, inconsistent team. We need to correct..." I think this is dh's fault, everuything is great fromjust needs some tweaking

Can anybody, from anywhere, explain why Riddle and Johnson continue to wear our colors?

Basketball will be here soon

Trashing is different from accepting that Cody is not a D1 QB. As previously posted 100s of times, it's not his fault - he doesn't call his own number...

I took the move to bring in Cody nothing more than changing the goalie or point guard to find a little spark.

I don't think it was a bad move actually. I believe Cody played well. He has attributes I would like to see in TH. Like the ability to make a quicker decision and throwing on time. Cody did not hessitate in his reads and throws. It was almost as if the receivers were shocked that the ball was there when it was supposed to be. If Cody's arm was stronger he would actually be a good choice at QB.

I don't Hawkins gives a flying flip about the fans... he thumbs his nose at us w/ every uninspired performance, no reason to throw Cody in as the frosting on the cake.

Hawkins is purposely killing this team... brilliant. He got to where he is today by being vindictive.... more brilliant.

There are really some stupid people on here.

Taking his son out of the equation.... we just went 3 quarters without scoring so it was not unreasonable to make a QB switch.

All this shows me is that he is desperate and knows it and he has approximately 7 games or less as CU'c coach.

**** you dan ****ing hawkins. You have killed my beloved program. Missouri, are you ****ing kidding me?
Jerry, are you serious? Have you taken the time to look at the all time record of MU vs CO? MU has dominated CO over time. Not to mention MU has totaly destroyed CO for 5 str8 years. Until you step back and take a good look at your progam and understand who and what your team really is you will never be happy. Well take care and have fun in the pac 10 Mizzou really enjoyed dominating you guys over the years.

Jerry, are you serious? Have you taken the time to look at the all time record of MU vs CO? MU has dominated CO over time. Not to mention MU has totaly destroyed CO for 5 str8 years. Until you step back and take a good look at your progam and understand who and what your team really is you will never be happy. Well take care and have fun in the pac 10 Mizzou really enjoyed dominating you guys over the years.

Thanks for stopping by Oracle.

Most fans here realize that Mizzou owns the overall record against CU. However most of the fan base here measures our expectations on the team's success from the late 80s to the time that Coach Hawkins was hired.

Mizzou was not a good team during that timeframe and we had a roughly 20-4 record over that approximate span (don't make me look it up).

And while Mizzou fielded an excellent team two or three years ago, when they should have been invited to a BCS Bowl after losing only twice to Oklahoma--and then produced good/decent teams the following years--in the minds of a CU fan Mizzou still sucks. Overall record aside, and recent years aside, Mizzou has been pretty lackluster for the last 25 years.

I fully acknowledge that ass-kicking that we've received at the Tigers' hands these last five years, and the overall record. But I think I speak for most CU fans when I say we expect to beat the mediocre team that you've fielded this season. Losing on Mizzou's up years...okay, that happens. But this year? Mizzou? It ****ing hurts.

Also, it's not typically considered good form to come gloat after a victory, when you didn't stop by before the game. You see my point? You swing by the week before, talk some ****, and tell us you'll be back win or lose. At that point you've earned the right.

Good luck in the Big 10. Oh...wait a minute. Good luck paying homage to aTm, Okie and Texas.

MU has dominated CO over time.

Overall record in the series: 41-31-3 (57% winning percentage).

(Wally: before the Hawk years, the record was 18-3 CU)

I guess we disagree on the definition of the word "dominate". Yeah, you have won more than you have lost over the years, but you need to go back to English class and brush up on your definitions.

Last edited:
I took the move to bring in Cody nothing more than changing the goalie or point guard to find a little spark.

I don't think it was a bad move actually. I believe Cody played well. He has attributes I would like to see in TH. Like the ability to make a quicker decision and throwing on time. Cody did not hessitate in his reads and throws. It was almost as if the receivers were shocked that the ball was there when it was supposed to be. If Cody's arm was stronger he would actually be a good choice at QB.

I don't Hawkins gives a flying flip about the fans... he thumbs his nose at us w/ every uninspired performance, no reason to throw Cody in as the frosting on the cake.

This. The offense had scored a total of zero points through three quarters, it certaintly doesn't hurt to try something new and see if you can get something going. TH has show he can make some plays with his feet, but he wasn't making the plays last night, and he wasn't making the throws either.

This. The offense had scored a total of zero points through three quarters, it certaintly doesn't hurt to try something new and see if you can get something going. TH has show he can make some plays with his feet, but he wasn't making the plays last night, and he wasn't making the throws either.

He wasn't even give the chance. He went 15 - 21 and they did a horrendous job giving him any design run plays or plays where he can get outside the pocket.

**** all of you. cody sucks dick and we all know it. anyone who defends him PLAYING is a dip****. hes a great team leader etc........ but he should not be playing. ban me if you want but cody playing qb is a ****ing joke. **** dan hawkins

**** all of you. cody sucks dick and we all know it. anyone who defends him PLAYING is a dip****. hes a great team leader etc........ but he should not be playing. ban me if you want but cody playing qb is a ****ing joke. **** dan hawkins

Dip**** here. Hansen was timid and not driving the offense down the field. He was having another bad case of the roadie no-shows.

I've seen Cody come in and throw a hot series coming off the bench when he substituted for Hansen at Oklahoma State last season.
I also saw Cody finding Scotty McKnight and throwing a ball that bounced off of Richardson's face mask in the endzone.
He was looser and better at getting the ball into Clemon's hands.

Unfortunately, Cody has the same downside this season as last...tipped ball, pick and penalties.

The biggest tragedy is that there is no Evans or Lobato or other QB talent to put on the field other than Cody. But that's not Cody's fault.

Simmer down, Greg.

TH: 15 of 21 for 117 yds and 0 int.
CH: 16 of 25 for 133 yds and 1 int.

I am glad Cody came in. Like K-State last year, our offense actually moved once he came in. He should have played the second half against Cal too.

It doesn't matter anymore and who cares if he put in cody. This team lost the game in the first half, cu wasn't going to win with either qb.

Hawk won't change his staff for the better of the team. They do their thing and if you don't like it FU fans.This has been a disaster from day one.

So, bohn and us get to eat it for 7 more games because nobody had the balls to do the right thing last november.

Why do you even care? I think were past the whole "oh Tyler just needs more time to develop" thing. They are bith bad qbs.

This game wasn't the fault of QB play, Hansen was 15-21 and Cody led team down the field well between the 20s. Unfortunately, our staff couldn't finish off any of the 5 drives that got into the red zone. Doesn't help when a FG is not an option because you know you'll miss it.

Simmer down, Greg.

TH: 15 of 21 for 117 yds and 0 int.
CH: 16 of 25 for 133 yds and 1 int.

Here si the problem in a nutshell. Cody come in in the 4th quarter (or close enough-- a couple minutes less to go in the 3rd) and throws more passes than Tyler. If they would have thrown more when they saw MU stacking the box against the run, then CU could have done more. But they kept running and not throwing deep to back the MU defense off.

put me in the "who gives a ****?" camp.

this staff is going to suck regardless of who they play and which players they put on the field. neither qb could do it alone-- overcoming the handicap of completely inept coaching and prep and playcalling is reserved to just a handful of elite qbs.

**** you, hawkins!

Here si the problem in a nutshell. Cody come in in the 4th quarter (or close enough-- a couple minutes less to go in the 3rd) and throws more passes than Tyler. If they would have thrown more when they saw MU stacking the box against the run, then CU could have done more. But they kept running and not throwing deep to back the MU defense off.

Curious... does TH or CH audible at the line or is the audible called by the sideline when the Oline, recievers, QB look to the sideline after they come to the line?

Here's the problem in a nutshell. Dan Hawkins can not coach. For some reason it just hasn't worked out like it did for him @ Boise State, time to move on and better do it now so recruiting doesn't suffer. We need a coach who an get his team ready to play consistently

fify

Back