What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Dan Hawkins: " F You Fans"

This is stupid. Cody and Tyler's stats are nearly identical. Are you suggesting that we scrap all QB's on our roster? Maybe put Lockridge back there?

We obviously needed a spark. Cody did move us up and down the field, but ultimately wasn't a big enough spark for us to overcome the hole we dug.

Cody Hawkins doesn't belong on a D1 football field.

This is stupid. Cody and Tyler's stats are nearly identical. Are you suggesting that we scrap all QB's on our roster? Maybe put Lockridge back there?

We obviously needed a spark. Cody did move us up and down the field, but ultimately wasn't a big enough spark for us to overcome the hole we dug.

Can he throw?

I don't post here, or anywhere, much but I think I should put my 2 cents in here. Cody is not a bad QB. But he is not the future. After the performance that Hansen put on during the Georgia game (no, we are not related) he deserved to finish that game. There was no reason to change QB's. Hansen did all that was asked of him and more. He showed athleticism that little Hawk cannot provide. If you want a program to succeed, you need to show faith in the man that brought you there. Dan Hawkins showed that he does not have the leadership or gamesmanship to lead a BCS program. This should have been done before the season, but now he needs to go. It is a shame that he is getting payed, by the state, to lead a program into oblivion. I hope that the administration takes the steps to right this program.

Hansen moved the ball too. But FG's were missed or blocked. Hawkins made some very risky throws and did throw an interception. You can't have your spark turning the ball over. Never mind the fact that these are kids out there and you need your QB's to be confident to play well, not looking over their shoulder and playing scared about being benched.

Neither of them are good. Hansen has potential to be average but he is just too inconsistent.

I thought will jefferson was going to play qb in the wildcat. What happened to that idea?

I feel bad for TH. Pulling him was a slap in the face. If the coaches could properly gameplan and put TH in a position to succeed I believe he could. Instead they insist on making him a pocket passer and don't let him run the ball.

Not a knock on Cody, because he did what he was told, but in my opinion DII decided his days are numbered, so he better get his son a little PT.

I am surprisingly placid. I have been a huge Buff fan since 1988, but now for the first time, I really don't care now, I'm just a passive observer. I don't even get upset anymore. I watched the game with some Mizzou fans. It was more like watching amovie than a game...I was just watching what would happen.

Nothing new, horrific ST play, a decent D left hanging out to dry by an O that couldn't find it's fanny with two hands and a flashlight, a coaching staff that hasn't a clue how to put a fairly talented team in a position to win.

Pulling TH? Bizarre. He was 15-21 with no picks. Looking for a spark? I think that is about the dumbest thing I've heard ansd it was borne out by watching CH throw flairs down the LOS, or dump it for five yard gains to his safety valve reciever and rack up meaningless yards against a Mizzou team playing prevent. When he did go long he had one, count 'em, one good throw to Scotty. The others were behind the WR, resulting in a pick, or swatted down by DB's who had all day to react and close while the ball looped through the sky like a punt. I feel bad for CH, but he just doesn't have the physical skills to play D1. That is why TH is starting, and why TH should have been starting back in '08. CH is in a no win situation, it wasn't his call to go in, and he did all he coud but he isn't the answer.

Admittedly, TH isn't all that, but he's the best the Buffs have right now, and putting in CH just looks to me like DH still can't shake himself of the belief CH is who should be starting. He is going to find a way to play CH, no matter what, just as I and others predicted.....

Neither of them are good. Hansen has potential to be average but he is just too inconsistent.

He's more consistent and more accurate than Cody. Hansen did not throw an INT. Cody had 1 and should have had another if the DB didn't drop the ball that went right through his hands. The balls Cody was throwing were all over the place.

Back