What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Dan Hawkins vows to surrender to the corn

then ranting on an anonymous message board. my comments seamed to have upset all of you off more than anything.

so yes, you're right. the kettle is black

i just see them as suggesting that you stfu. what a wide difference from the tantrum you present.

Thread-Crap-FingerBaby.jpg

a coach quitting on the team

does that not resonate with you at all? :wow:

I should have put "allegedly quitting on the team" in there. If you really think Hawkins has quit on this team and on this season, I question your sanity. Nevermind the fact, that the quotes you're attributing WEREN'T ACTUALLY SAID BY HIM.

a coach quitting on the team

does that not resonate with you at all? :wow:

A coach quitting on the team? Exactly HOW the **** do you get that from him saying he would take them off the field in the event of trouble? Is he not coaching them now? Is he not showing up Friday? Is he leaving after the game? Has he in any way suggested that he is not going to be coaching this team Friday and beyond? THAT would be quitting on this team. And the answer is NO - in every case. He is NOT quitting on this team.

If you want to talk "quitting", as you seem to be determined to do for some reason, I still can not see how you can interpret this as him quitting on the team. If anything, you could say it is teaching the team to quit. You'd be wrong, and you'd sound like the 5 year old daughter of particularly dull inbred fuskers, but there might at least be some connection between the dots...

Wasn't somebody just talking about the possible return of 82ADays just a little while ago??? :huh:

I should have put "allegedly quitting on the team" in there. If you really think Hawkins has quit on this team and on this season, I question your sanity. Nevermind the fact, that the quotes you're attributing WEREN'T ACTUALLY SAID BY HIM.

of course he hasn't actually quit. his statements are ridiculous at best. but it just doesn't sound like a true leader to say something like that.

Get off track very often "lady"?? This thread is about how Hawkins has threatened to pull his team off of the field on Friday, if the CU student section acts like it did two years ago. Let's try to keep on track "lady" with what we are talking about, as I know it can be difficult for you sometimes.

:lol: thank you for the meltdown. perhaps it is an inconvienient truth to hear about that the fuskers are not at all classy when you attempt to talk noise about class?

when class is on the table, and you open up the topic of fan behavior, be prepared for the counterpoints that are GOING to sail your way.

if you cannot handle that, then it would be wise to steer clear of mocking others.

of course he hasn't actually quit. his statements are ridiculous at best. but it just doesn't sound like a true leader to say something like that.

If fans are throwing crap on the field, does it make sense to get your players off the field?

You take one quote out of a newspaper article and start questioning his leadership ability? Who is the one being ridiculous here?

OK, since that was a Plati quote, I guess we've determined Plati is not a true leader.

Thanks for getting that cleared up for us. I feel loads better now... :thumbsup:

i'm ranting on the internet not trying to change the actions of thousands of fans.

So now you're complaining about him calling out fan behavior? Geez, can we get all your complaints out here in the open? It's hard to keep track.

i'm ranting on the internet not trying to change the actions of thousands of fans.

thousands? that implies that perhaps you think thousands of fans were ready to riot.

5-6 fans were the bad apples last time, sorry to burst your bubble.

hmmmm...

okay, here's my take...

if in fact hawkins said that he would forfeit the game (which is not clear given that there is no direct quote from hawkins that states that in the article), it would not be surrendering to the corn, as your title of the thread indicates.

it would be surrendering to the behavior of our own fans...

i don't expect that to happen. our fans rock this year. there certainly has been poor behavior in certain circumstances in the past; not to the degree that the fuskers typically claim in their urban mythology of course, but poor behavior just the same. it pisses me off to see it.

we joke about the urban mythology incidents...piss filled balloons, urine snowballs, etc., because it is just too funny to think that someone actually believes that kind of **** happens in folsom stadium.

if the fans at this game start throwing **** on the field, i would have no problem with hawk pulling the team off of the field for their own protection, and to make a point. i doubt it would ever get to the point of forfeit. but it acts as a suitable deterrent.

buffman, you need to lighten up. right now.

go buffs!!

I cannot stress enough how much respect on my part this potential decision has created. A few students in the past have given our school a bad rep and Hawk has come in and clean house. One thing I have noticed with this team is more of a workmanlike attitude rather then the loosey goosey attitude that Rick and Gary brought to the table. I want the program to stand up and lead the school by example when it comes to class and sportsmanship. Now before I start getting flamed, I in no way advocate any of the dry humping of Division III opponents the Fuskers claim they used to clap for but throwing crap on the field is stupid, unless it they are oranges after securing an Orange Bowl bid, that is nothing more then tradition. I want this game played out on the field and not in the stands. Good job Hawk, now bag Darrel Scott!!!

OK, since that was a Plati quote, I guess we've determined Plati is not a true leader.

Thanks for getting that cleared up for us. I feel loads better now... :thumbsup:

did you read the article? plati didn't threaten to take the team off the field

but hawk said he'll take the game away based on what is happening in the stands. this is exactly what i was pissed off about. keep the actual game separate from the crap

no, dear, PLATI said that. unless you have firsthand information none of the rest of us do?

but hawk said he'll take the game away based on what is happening in the stands. this is exactly what i was pissed off about. keep the actual game separate from the crap

Dan Hawkins is not a stupid guy. I suspect it would take some truly despicable behavior by the fans to take the team off the field, and in that case, the officials would step in anyway.

You're blowing one quote (at the end of the article no less) way out of proportion.

He is telling the students that is they act like a bunch of tards then there will be no game to play, he is telling them that he(Hawk) will take care of the game on the field and for them to butt out.

hmmmm...

okay, here's my take...

if in fact hawkins said that he would forfeit the game (which is not clear given that there is no direct quote from hawkins that states that in the article), it would not be surrendering to the corn, as your title of the thread indicates.

it would be surrendering to the behavior of our own fans...

i don't expect that to happen. our fans rock this year. there certainly has been poor behavior in certain circumstances in the past; not to the degree that the fuskers typically claim in their urban mythology of course, but poor behavior just the same. it pisses me off to see it.

we joke about the urban mythology incidents...piss filled balloons, urine snowballs, etc., because it is just too funny to think that someone actually believes that kind of **** happens in folsom stadium.

if the fans at this game start throwing **** on the field, i would have no problem with hawk pulling the team off of the field for their own protection, and to make a point. i doubt it would ever get to the point of forfeit. but it acts as a suitable deterrent.

buffman, you need to lighten up. right now.

go buffs!!

awfully demanding for someone over the internet...

but in all seriousness, yes i agree with your post entirely. but from what the article sounds like, its not about protection of the players (if that's what hawk meant then this has all been for not and plati is to blame for spinning it that way). it sounds like he would hand a win to the most hated team in the world, give away his bowl eligibility and forsake his players by making them quit halfway through the last game of hte season and the seniors' careers. and all based on some drunk fans. that is not what a coach should be saying.

and i just don't think an empty threat is a suitable determent.

awfully demanding for someone over the internet...

but in all seriousness, yes i agree with your post entirely. but from what the article sounds like, its not about protection of the players (if that's what hawk meant then this has all been for not and plati is to blame for spinning it that way). it sounds like he would hand a win to the most hated team in the world, give away his bowl eligibility and forsake his players by making them quit halfway through the last game of hte season and the seniors' careers. and all based on some drunk fans. that is not what a coach should be saying.

and i just don't think an empty threat is a suitable determent.

i wouldn't consider the threat empty...the students better not throw ****ing **** on the field or he will pull the team.

that is a suitable deterrent. and, one would hope, an effective one...

Damn, I must be illiterate. I am still trying to find where Hawkins says that in the article. I looked really hard too.

i fail to see one incident that would indicate the cu fans have any intention of doing something stupid.

the only thing that would make them better is if they could show up on time.

no, dear, PLATI said that. unless you have firsthand information none of the rest of us do?

from the article:
"Plati said if fans do act out, head coach Dan Hawkins has vowed to pull his team off the field.

"He'll forfeit the game," Plati said. "He won't stand for that behavior.""

no... we don't have the direct quote. but it seams pretty clear what hawkins said and meant.

either he told dave plati that he intends to forfeit the game because of some fans' poor behavior or plati is lying.

maybe plati would lie to us. i don't know. but according to the article, this is what hawkins said (at least paraphrased)

from the article:
"Plati said if fans do act out, head coach Dan Hawkins has vowed to pull his team off the field.

"He'll forfeit the game," Plati said. "He won't stand for that behavior.""

no... we don't have the direct quote. but it seams pretty clear what hawkins said and meant.

either he told dave plati that he intends to forfeit the game because of some fans' poor behavior or plati is lying.

maybe plati would lie to us. i don't know. but according to the article, this is what hawkins said (at least paraphrased)

point being, plati could be overly dramatic about what was said and meant.

i am in no doubt that is his take. but is his take accurate? have you EVER arrived at an incorrect conclusion following a discussion?

being as the quote was not from hawk at all, it is entirely plausible that was not the message intended. therefore, it is perhaps premature to rail at hawk and to lob all kinds of suppositions about him into cyberspace?

Back