What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Dan Hawkins vows to surrender to the corn

neg rep me all you want but Hawkins is not good for this program. all he can do is talk. he gets out coached constantly. several losses this year are squarly on his and his staff's shoulders. but he keeps charming people with his little quibs.

we are witnessing the second comming of Rick Neuhiesl
The second comming of Rick Neuhiesl - you may be right. All that hand clapping rah rah bull****, while his team is getting waxed. If he doesn't beat Nebraska, I say give him one more year, and if things don't improve - pull the plug! I'm starting to have serious doubts if he's the right man to turn things around.:sad2:

The second comming of Rick Neuhiesl - you may be right. All that hand clapping rah rah bull****, while his team is getting waxed. If he doesn't beat Nebraska, I say give him one more year, and if things don't improve - pull the plug! I'm starting to have serious doubts if he's the right man to turn things around.:sad2:

Eesh, what pair of siblings got drunk and conceived you? I hope they didn't do it again.

Let's review what this team has done this year:

1. Beat Colorado State, which is never an easy task nowadays (though I think it soon will be once again).
2. Led through the first half, but eventually lost to Arizona State, a team that would be ranked number 1 in the country right now were it not for injuries. Mind you, our receivers also dropped more than one sure touchdown pass in this game (something coaches ultimately can't control).
3. were one or two plays away from beating Florida State, a team that's not what it used to be, but still has twice the talent and speed of the current Buffs roster.
4. Absolutely dominated Miami OH. Not a powerhouse program obviously, but you can't complain about our performance in this game.
5. Beat Oklahoma. Dominated the line of scrimmage against Oklahoma. Nothing more to be said here.
5 1/2. Beat Baylor (this one doesn't deserve its own number)
6. Came within a hair's breadth of beating the current number 2 team in the country.
7. Beat Texas Tech in Lubbock.
8. Gave up a 21 point lead in Ames, but had the resiliency to come back from a 10 point deficit in that same game to send the contest into overtime... you know, before the "university" of Nebraska reared its hideous head.

Not to mention the fact that we did all of these things while starting SIX freshmen on the offensive side of the ball.

Seriously, what the hell are you complaining about? One more year??? Are you kidding me??? Do you have ANY idea what kind of shape this program was in when Hawkins inherited it? Good lord, next time keep your rampant idiocy to yourself. :huh:

I do not agree with your assesment of the program. You do not invest in a coach just to pull the plug after 3 years. All coaches deserve 4 to 5 years to build up the program. Barring disaster of course. And this year does not qualify as a disaster. If you can't see the major improvement this team has made then your ****ing blind.

I do not agree with your assesment of the program. You do not invest in a coach just to pull the plug after 3 years. All coaches deserve 4 to 5 years to build up the program. Barring disaster of course. And this year does not qualify as a disaster. If you can't see the major improvement this team has made then your ****ing blind.

True, this ain't the SEC or effin' Nebraska.

It's not only that the team has improved, but where is CU going to get the money to fire Hawkins and hire a new coach after three years? Some schools can afford to dump coaches at a whim, but CU is not one of them.

Hawkins is here for at least four years.

We don't have the cash. But another positive here is how the AD and Hawk are really doing a good job with the donors. A new bubble and I think we are breaking ground on a new practice facility for the bball team. Things are looking good imo.

the man says he will pull the players off the field and let the corn win if the fans don't behave.

how can you support this kind of nonsense?

Um, how could you not? Is it too much to ask our alleged fans to act like civil human beings at the games in Folsom?

the man says he will pull the players off the field and let the corn win if the fans don't behave.

how can you support this kind of nonsense?

Buffman are you ****in serious? A coach who is taking on the role of an influential leader with young adults is trying to show that only high standards of Public decorum will be accepted by his team and there fans and your ****ting on him for this idea? Seriously give your head a shake. Sure it would be disappointing but if it occurs I fully back his decision.

Yeah, a bottle came out of the stands as Drumm went into the end zone, but that is nothing compared to what the CU fans did a couple of years ago. Not even close. To have a whole section removed is beyond embarrassing for your team and university.

While I was embarrassed that the students did that, I'm proud the University removed them from the stands.

At your stadium, the fans do the same ****, but the administration looks the other way.

OK, this has been in the Daily, but I'll replay a story from a few years ago when I worked for the team. At the end of a CU win in Lincoln (2002) some random jerk-off was talking **** to Marwan Hage on the sidelines. Marwan took it in stride, and basically told the guy to **** off and was walking away. And then the guy spit the largest, most disgusting lugey I have ever seen into Marwan's face. The players had to restrain myself and Marwan from going after this guy.

It was obscene.

But, my ultimate point is: it was one guy. One guy. Just like it was five guys throwing bottles in 2005. It happens, some people are ass holes, CU fans and NU fans alike...

The student section was evacuated today too it seems.

Well I didn't, held my post as a freshman alumn.

Last edited:
agreed... there is a certain level of decorum that must be followed even in the depths of drunkeness and revelry...

you're a comedian, right!?!?! or a disgruntled drunk that was tossed last year!?!?!

get a freakin' clue.

nobody wants to see you or your drunken friends acting like you're double digit IQs would suggest...

any coach would pull his team if the crowd is out of control.

Back